Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Eagle would you go see solo? Why or why not?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: What Eagle would you go see solo? Why or why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Don was the first Eagles member I ever saw solo (I even saw him before I saw the Eagles as a band!) Obviously he is my number one and I would definitely travel to the States to see him again. I love getting to hear songs like The Last Worthless Evening, The Heart Of The Matter and The End Of The Innocence. He is usually much more relaxed, informal and chatty at a solo show and it is a very different experience to an Eagles concert.
    Ain't that the truth?! It was quite a shock to see the difference in Don! He rarely says anything at all at Eagles shows!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Don was the first Eagles member I ever saw solo (I even saw him before I saw the Eagles as a band!) Obviously he is my number one and I would definitely travel to the States to see him again. I love getting to hear songs like The Last Worthless Evening, The Heart Of The Matter and The End Of The Innocence. He is usually much more relaxed, informal and chatty at a solo show and it is a very different experience to an Eagles concert.

I am very lucky to have also seen both Joe and Tim solo. I would happily go again (certainly if they were playing within a couple of hours of me) but I probably wouldn't travel across the world solely to see them. Not because it wouldn't be worth it - just because I have seen them and I don't have quite the same strong feelings for these guys as I do for Mr. Henley!

I will admit, I would really love to see Glenn solo. If I had the means, I would consider travelling to the States to see him. I love a lot of his solo songs and he is my second favourite Eagle - I love watching him on stage, too. He is generally a bit more open and interactive than Don, which I enjoy. I would love to hear songs like The One You Love live.
    Wow Troub - What about Florida in November? Is there anyway you can make it? It would be wonderful if you could.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I wish I could but I'm starting my PGCE (teacher training) course next month and it is going to be full-on. I will be on school placement for all of November, so there's no way!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Ain't that the truth?! It was quite a shock to see the difference in Don! He rarely says anything at all at Eagles shows!
    yes, he was much moe "chatty" when we say him solo.
    he wasnt feeling well either but he was great. I love hearing him
    do those songs.
    too.

I'd see any of them if they came close enough at a time when I didn't have other things happening. Until this year, the only one I had seen solo was Don. I saw him twice - once on Boston Common for the Building the Perfect Beast tour (1985, I think), and again in 1990, in Worcester, MA at the Walden Woods show where he brought out Glenn and Timothy. I'd see him again if the location, cost and timing were right.

I saw Joe for the first time last fall in NJ and just recently on my home turf in Hampton Beach, NH. Had I known he was coming to NH a year later, I probably would not have traveled to NJ (it was a 6-hour trip), but then again, if I hadn't, I would not have seen him play with Levon Helm.

I could have seen Glenn back in the 80s, but I wasn't into his solo stuff then. Now that it's grown on me, I'd definitely see him again. The CT show back in May was awesome.

I'm anxiously awaiting another Timothy tour. I've never seen him solo and having heard the raves, I'm really excited about seeing a show. He did one in CT on his last tour, but it was the night of my daughter's high school graduation. Darn those priorities!

For all the guys, I'd be unlikely to fly or go more than a day's drive for a solo show, so that limits me to New England or eastern NY or NJ. I'd also be unlikely to go to more than one show per tour simply due to the expense. However, I've discovered that these shows provide a nice opportunity for road trips with my husband. For both Joe's NJ date and Glenn's CT date, we combined the show with other sightseeing stops and made little romantic getaways out of them.

I have seen solo shows of all the guys, but some not so recently.

I have seen Don solo 3 times & I think he's amazing solo. I particularly loved NY Minute, End of the Innocence. & Heart of the Matter, well the whole show was pretty awesome! I would see him again in a NY minute..

Glenn, I have only seen once during the 80's. I do recall that I enjoyed it. I passed on his show this year because After Hours is just not my thing, but I would consider seeing him again.

I have only seen Joe this past month. It was a private show that was through the radio station & it was a promo show for his new cd. I have to say that Joe really blew me away. I knew I would like it, but he was better than I expected. That was the only show he did that was near me & I was lucky to get to see it & for free too! I would see him again, but I wish I had seen him back in the day.

Ahhh, now for Timothy. I have been waiting for Timothy to come back to NY because unfortunately I missed his first Expando tour. Well, I had my chance to see him at BB Kings in May & I was so thrilled to see him out there on his own. I had seen him many times in Poco & I have been crushing on him since I was 16. I had always thought of Timothy as a "band guy" but seeing him solo was amazing. His voice is just so beautiful, he just blows me away! I would absolutely see him again. Who knows when he will tour again because he doesn't tour as much as the others.

Living in NYC, I usually don't have to travel to see anybody, but I have. I don't really love to travel the way I used to, but I maybe would do it to see a Timothy show...Not really sure I would travel for others solo shows....maybe for an Eagles show.
    Last edited by Topkat; 09-05-2012 at 05:33 PM.

I've seen Don's solo show 5 times in the US and would definitely go again, because I like to hear him sing other people's songs in addition to his own. Last year he did a great set - songs by new songwriters and older ones too - and lots of different styles('sometimes I get tired of doing country rock' - Don Henley)

I'd go to see Glenn, Joe and Timothy if they came to the UK. I've haven't seen any of them solo so I'd give them all an equal chance to impress me!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post
    I've seen Don's solo show 5 times in the US and would definitely go again, because I like to hear him sing other people's songs in addition to his own. Last year he did a great set - songs by new songwriters and older ones too - and lots of different styles('sometimes I get tired of doing country rock' - Don Henley)

I'd go to see Glenn, Joe and Timothy if they came to the UK. I've haven't seen any of them solo so I'd give them all an equal chance to impress me!
    Well get your party hat on, Steph, Joe should be there next winter.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Glenn would be the ultimate Eagle I would love to see solo. He has more of an impact on me 'cause he was the first Eagle I ever listened to when I was younger. Glenn's voice is perfect and wonderful. I would do (and give) anything to see that man in concert!!!!!!!! Not to stir anyone up over here, but he is the best Eagle in my eyes. The man who has my heart then and deffinitly now. He can play any song he wants at the concert too. I am under your spell Glenn.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

I've seen both Dons and Timothy and I would see them all again. I'd love to see Glenn but as we know that will never happen I almost saw Joe this summer but had to cancel last minute because of a conflict so I'd love to see Joe. Overall even though I just saw him twice less than a week ago I would have to choose Tim. I'm not sure why but I've always just felt a connection with him since the first time I listened to the Eagles. He puts on a phenomenal show too!