Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Eagle would you go see solo? Why or why not?

Default Re: What Eagle would you go see solo? Why or why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Oh, I think our beloved leader is exempt from this question!
    Aw, thanks! lol!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Aw, thanks! lol!
    I think the answer is Glenn Frey...Glenn Fery....glenn Frey.....lol

I've already seen Joe, and he was already on my list of Eagles to see solo! Above all, I'd love the most to see Don solo, and I think Joe would come after Don, and Tim/Glenn tie for third place. If any of them are ever close enough to me, though, I'll do anything to try and see them!
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Living in New Zealand makes it a little difficult. Travel anywhere is really expensive, and if hubby comes too then we have to look at kennels/cattery and organising grandparents to look after the children.

I think we're all constrained by money to a certain extent, but also travel time and logistics.

But - if they came down this way at all - east coast of Australia, possibly Singapore as flights are cheaper there now - then I would definitely try to go. TT is right - material things are all well and good but memories are priceless. (Bills? heck, there'll always be plenty of those. They can just get pushed back a bit!).

Oh, and if any of them actually came to New Zealand, I'd be going for front row seats. My justification being "but darling, I didn't have to pay for airfares, accommodation, kennels etc".
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay - as most folks here know, I have seen all four current Eagles solo and I thoroughly enjoyed each and every show I've attended. I have had to travel to all of these shows, but that doesn’t bother me because I love to travel. I'll weigh in on each ...

Don - Oddly enough, I've only seen Don once in Norfolk, VA. I was also supposed to see him one other time in Atlantic City, but I was unable to make that show. However, I have not given up hope that I will get to see him again. If necessary, I’ll travel again to see Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I stand by what I said about Don's show. I don't think songs like End Of The Innocence or Everything Is Different Now or I Will Not Go Quietly are so breathtakingly wonderful that I need to see them performed live. As I always make clear I prefer to see Don playing drums for at least part of the show. In the unlikely event that he did come here, though, I think I would have to go.
    Well, FP, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'll just say that Don puts on a great show. IMHO, many of the songs he performs such as The End of the Innocence, The Last Worthless Evening, New York Minute, and The Heart of the Matter, as well as his other big hits, are “breathtakingly wonderful” and it boggles my mind that any fan would be disappointed to see these songs performed live. You also get an opportunity to see a side of Don’s personality in his solo shows that you don’t see in Eagles shows. I would highly recommend a Don solo show to any Eagles fan.

Tim – I’ve traveled to see Tim solo twice – once to New York’s The Bitter End and most recently to D.C. This is something I never thought would happen, so I considered it a ‘must see’ when Tim announced his first Expando tour. Again, it was special to see Tim up front and center, and I am so glad I went to these shows. I will definitely go see him again if he comes anywhere within a few hours of me. Honestly though, I hope if Tim were to tour again after this year that he will change the setlist some. If he would like any suggestions, he could always visit the threads for the Survivor games we’ve played and read some of our comments.

Joe – I’ve seen Joe four times … in Atlantic City twice, recently in Vienna, VA, and in Aspen with Glenn for a Party of Two show. What can I say – he is awesome, of course. He is a consummate entertainer, and such a talented musician. One of the things I noticed when I saw him a couple of weeks ago is that his voice seemed as strong as ever. When he did sang his parts in the Levon Helm tribute, I Shall Be Released , his voice was as powerful as I’ve ever heard. And yep, as with the others … I’ll go see him anytime he comes within a few hours of me.

Glenn – last, but certainly not least, let’s just say I’ve seen quite a few Glenn solo shows since 2005, and will continue to go see any future shows as long as I’m able. I’d have to go back through all the threads to get an exact count, but the next one coming up is in November. Yes – I adore this man, and, I never tire seeing his mesmerizing, charismatic live performances. Since I am here in the states, I don’t have any need to travel overseas to see him, but I would if I couldn’t see him on this continent. Even though I have said I am not jazzed with the After Hours Tour setlist, I’m so hardcore that I still enjoy it enough to go to multiple shows. I’ve yet to be disappointed by one of his entertaining performances.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post

Well, FP, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'll just say that Don puts on a great show. IMHO, many of the songs he performs such as The End of the Innocence, The Last Worthless Evening, New York Minute, and The Heart of the Matter, as well as his other big hits, are “breathtakingly wonderful” and it boggles my mind that any fan would be disappointed to see these songs performed live. You also get an opportunity to see a side of Don’s personality in his solo shows that you don’t see in Eagles shows. I would highly recommend a Don solo show to any Eagles fan.
    I'm sorry Dreamer. Perhaps I am no longer as 'hardcore' about three of the Eagles' solo material as you are. I didn't say I would be 'disapppointed' to see those songs live (I saw HOTM with the Eagles) but I'm afraid that neither would it be a particularly big deal for me to see them. I am sorry if that is too honest. I am sure that Don does a good show; it just doesn't necessarily appeal to me, but this is the last time I will ever say so.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow, FP -did somebody pee on your Corn Flakes this morning? Now, don't get too upset - I'm only joking. But seriously, you are free to express your opinion as many times as you want and you don't need to apologize. But, as always, if you write something here on the board, someone else has the right to respond to your comments and either agree or disagree with you. I thought your comments were a little inflammatory and was just trying to present the other side. That's all I was doing. No need for us to get our panties all in a bunch over this.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post

I would absolutely love to see all of the guys in a solo show. I have seen Don Henley and loved every minute of it. I would go back in a heartbeat if given the chance.

My problem is money. I live in a remote area. It's a 2 and 1/2 hour drive to St. Louis for me. It seems they usually come around during the week which means taking off 2 days to go and a hotel room. I just can't afford to do that. I could try going and coming home all the same night, but that just isn't that fun! Hubby never wants me to go by myself, it costs more for two to go, and none of my friends understand my Eagles obsession at all. Flying around to see them is even more impossible. Next year if they do their Anniversary tour, we plan on seeing them. But probably just once unless there would be a few months between shows.

Anyone else?
    OK---This is EXACTLY what I was going to type for this thread!!! I would love to see any of the Eagles solo shows but it just would be to difficult and expensive and hubby isn't that interested (especially if has to waste vacation time to do it) and he has a hard time sitting or standing anymore for long periods of time because of his back problems and no one else gets the whole Eagles thing either.

Very thankful that I got to see Timothy when he did his first mini tour as he was releasing Expando. Like I've said many times, that was a dream come true and still seems so surreal to me. And the price and where I was standing.... it couldn't have been any better for me. On top of that, the way I found out (by waking up just hours before the tickets went on sale to an email from Timothy's assistant informing me he would be that close to me and also a message from Soda) and how it all came together in just about a weeks time with absolutely no time to really get use to the fact it was happening.

But let's say I have all kinds of concert money at my disposal and all the time in the world with no work obligation, which Eagle would I love to see the most other than Timothy.... DON without a doubt. He is one of my top 5 vocalist and I would love to see him. Followed by Joe then Glenn (sorry Glenn fans).

Quote Originally Posted by I've always been a dreamer
    These are the songs I would go to see! I can't imagine seeing Don live and NOT getting these songs.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yup, if I had plenty of money at my disposal, you can bet I would be seen at lots of solo shows of all the guys! No doubt about it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Don was the first Eagles member I ever saw solo (I even saw him before I saw the Eagles as a band!) Obviously he is my number one and I would definitely travel to the States to see him again. I love getting to hear songs like The Last Worthless Evening, The Heart Of The Matter and The End Of The Innocence. He is usually much more relaxed, informal and chatty at a solo show and it is a very different experience to an Eagles concert.

I am very lucky to have also seen both Joe and Tim solo. I would happily go again (certainly if they were playing within a couple of hours of me) but I probably wouldn't travel across the world solely to see them. Not because it wouldn't be worth it - just because I have seen them and I don't have quite the same strong feelings for these guys as I do for Mr. Henley!

I will admit, I would really love to see Glenn solo. If I had the means, I would consider travelling to the States to see him. I love a lot of his solo songs and he is my second favourite Eagle - I love watching him on stage, too. He is generally a bit more open and interactive than Don, which I enjoy. I would love to hear songs like The One You Love live.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--