Page 16 of 118 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

This is why I tell my students not to rely upon online research for their term papers! There is a whole lotta crap online. People post "facts" on unmoderated sites as "experts" and a lot of people just believe whatever they read. This "expert" has some facts right but some of her info is just fan community rumors or her own speculation (as she even admits at one point).

I've read tons of material, and never have I seen a story about Don building a nursery! Indeed, from the article where Don spills the beans about Stevie aborting the baby, he doesn't even seem 100% positive the baby was his. "To the best of my knowledge" is the way he put it. The book this "expert" speaks of where Don supposedly recounts how the baby had Down's Syndrome (!) does not exist as far as I know. Surely, if so, we'd have heard about it by now someplace besids here!

As for this "mystery daughter" - the "expert" admits they don't have any proof that Cheryl Cusella is related to Stevie. I seriously doubt that she is, because you know the media would have been all over it when Cusella was sued for fraud (see below).

Q: Who is Britney Marx?
    A: In the 1980s Cheryl Cusella was a Stevie Nicks impersonator in Phoenix. She claimed she owned a limo company, and went into the concert promotion business. Cheryl booked acts she couldn't produce, and didn't pay the ones she did, including Mick Fleetwood's Zoo. Cheryl was convicted of two counts of fraud in 1989, served 38 days in jail, got seven years probation and paid $32,000 in restitution. She then changed her name to Britney Marx. Reportedly in 1990 she published a book called "Sweet Poison: A Heartfelt Diary." Most recently in June of 1999, Britney was charged by the Arizona state attorney general's office with six counts of theft (totalling nearly $500,000) and one count of fraudulent schemes and artifices related to an animal rescue organization."

http://stevienicksfanfare.50webs.com/trivia.htm

Stevie has never been connected romantically to her backup singers or Sheryl Crow, except in unsubstantiated tabloids. In fact, I remember Stevie talking about how she thought Sheryl Crow and Lance Armstrong were such a great couple (back when they were together). One of her backing singers even married her brother!

SO much BS. And I know whenever I see a "source" which attributes rumors with the phrase that someone "has been said to have been romantically linked" I see a red flag.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Soda-since I consider you the true "Stevie Nicks Expert", I'm going with what you just said. It all sounded like a bunch of BS to be also. Pity the poor soul that did a term paper (which is what this was in answer to) using this info tho.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Man, this is totally precious! This children's choir performs Landslide for Stevie before the Mac's show in Madison Square Garden, and after they finish their song, get their applause, and get some attention from Stevie (about 4:15 minutes into the video), the stage manager starts to get kind of "shoo" them off the stage. Well, Stevie would have none of it! She actually says "DON'T GO" to them and winds up hugging each one! How many big stars would do that??

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WeAUsRIu6Y[/ame]

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thanks for that find Soda---Loved it and Stevie is such a nice person!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Look at the expressions on their little faces as they're singing...adorable! Stevie is so patient and wonderful in this video. And did you see the boys talking to John McVie? I wonder what he was saying to them?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

They seemed to be wanting to know how he played his guitar, lol, since I saw him obligingly show them how he put his fingers on the neck. I also saw Mick's shadow crossing behind the stage facade. I think he was staying out of sight, lol, but I could be wrong! After all, he's the drummer, no need for him to stand out front.

Here's the write up of the children's director about this:

On June 11th, the PS22 Chorus performed its rendition of "Landslide" for Stevie Nicks at Madison Square Garden. Stevie was incredibly gracious and kind to all of us, as you can see for yourselves. She gave every child individual attention and reminded them that anything is within their grasp. (CASE AND POINT!!)

The audio on the video is very low, but of course this had to be posted even if there was no sound at all! The kids added a little piece of another Fleetwood Mac hit,"Silver Springs", as an intro to their performance to great effect! And watching Stevie leading the kids from the aisle at MSG is my outstanding memory of the chorus singing the song for her, so I'm glad the videographers caught that. It's too bad it's not in smell-o-vision, because this won't capture the KIDS' most outstanding memory of the day -- how good Stevie smelled!!

Thanks go to Fleetwood Mac, their management and friends (particularly Karen for sending the pics and video footage for the kids to see), Perez Hilton (for requesting and posting our version of the song), and of course to Stevie Nicks. You completely left us inspired!

And she smelled good too??!!?? Nice write-up!
    ~ Cathy ~

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

How cute!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Talking Re: Stevie Nicks

Here's a shocker. I'm reading this relatively new Guns 'N Roses' bio, Watch You Bleed (Stephen Davis), and it turns out that Axl Rose is a BIG Stevie Nicks fan. Back in the day (mid 1980s), he used to tape all of her MTV videos and study her "ballet moves" to get some idea on how to move on stage. There is also a pix of her with Axl and Steven Tyler taken at one of their concerts here in LA. I got the book from my local library if your interested try yours and save a few bucks.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalWithASmile

I love the way Axl moves onstage, but who woulda thunk it...Stevie Nicks??!!??
    ~ Cathy ~