Page 70 of 118 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

I just read this article. I can't say that I'm too surprised. I think she did appear on Idol for one of the shows as a guest singer. Should be interesting to watch her as a mentor. The girls on the show really need some serious help & maybe Stevie is the one to give them some good advice! Looking forward to seeing what she can do with this years contestants.

Last night on Jay Leno Maya Rudolph was on. She is on a new show called "Up All Night" I have never seen it, but she mentioned that Stevie Nicks had made a guest appearance on the show. There was also a clip with a Don Henley mention. (This clip was not with Stevie) Seems like one of the writers on the show has a thing for them?
    I am going to look for the show On Demand & see if I can find the show that Stevie appeared in. I think the show is on Thurs, nights

I forgot about this until it was too late. If you find the clip, please post a link!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Here's the clip, She starts talking about the show at about 3.00 mark

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/...4-3-12/1394666

Thanks! I'm hoping to find a video of her on Up All Night.

I just saw Stevie in Detroit last night. It was one of the best Stevie shows I've ever seen!

She had added a few different nuances vocally (something she rarely does) and the vocals were dead on, the howls were fiercer than they've been for the past couple years, and she danced more than usual. She also talked and smiled more than usual. She seems happier and more vibrant. She looked even healthier than before and even more beautiful than ever.

Plus, she added one of my favorite songs off of her 2011 album In Your Dreams that she had only done once before at her birthday Wiltern show last year: "Ghosts Are Gone." In other words, she had a LONGER set than she did last year!

She said she was determined never to just do a "Greatest Hits" tour again, that she planned on releasing more music in the future. I have to admit, I hope some of that goes on a new Fleetwood Mac album instead of just solo albums, but just the fact that she seems eager to make new music is so freaking exciting for fans.

Trivia: Kid Rock was there and she dedicated "Landslide" to him - you might thing that's an odd choice, but that's her established "dedication song" at her shows. She called him "one of her favorite rock'n'roll sons"! Well. She loves to lavish compliments.

I also got to touch her hand at the end, as did my friend who I'd bought a ticket for because this time last year, her brother died, and this time seven years ago, her father died. It was a very emotional moment for her especially. I hope she writes Stevie someday to tell her how her music helped my friend deal with such things, as both died very tragically (overdose and suicide, respectively).

Finally, she mentioned Don! She's doing "Leather and Lace" again using her vocal coach as her duet partner. She joked, "I did this song in 1981 with someone who is much more famous than I am, and I knew he couldn't drop everything to come out and sing this song with me every night when I'm on tour!" Now, I don't know about the "much more famous" thing, but the idea of Don waiting around to appear with her on one song instead of touring with the Eagles made me chuckle! "Sorry, Glenn, Stevie's doing some shows and I gotta be there. Maybe next year." Ah, but hearing that guy did make me year for the "Two Voices" tour and Don and Stevie's exquisite live rendering of the song. I dread hearing Rod Stewart do it with Stevie later this month... shoot, I won't think about that now when I'm on my concert high!

I'll try to find photos later, but today I gotta drive 12 hours back to Memphis. Not fun!

Wow Soda...sounds like a great show...have a safe trip home!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Glad you had a great time, Nanc. To bad Don's not on call to sing Leather and Lace with Stevie each show cause it would sure be a treat for my eyes!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Soda, girl, on the road again! You are definitely the most dedicated and determined concert goer I know of! Good for you! Please drive careful!

I'd love to see Stevie someday.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

In People magazine, Stevie said that Boys of Summer by Don Henley is one of her favorite songs.