Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantic City 9/01/12

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Atlantic City 9/01/12

Real quick...amazing show. Same songs but HC was first encore. The pure magic that is the Eagles is alive and well.
    No pictures...band's request. Some got some but I didn't take the camera out.
    They were awesome tonight.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: Atlantic City 9/01

Glad to hear it! Shame about no pics though - I love those... Especially to see if Joe's guitarsenal (short for guitar arsenal ) has changed since the last Eagles dates.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

It was a fantastic show !! I was so happy to hear The Long Run !! I got into a bit of a tussle with some drunk losers next to me, but all in all a terrific night !!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

3:15am....Just pulled into the driveway.

Fab show...awesome....They were too good for words.

Will write more later today.

SO great to see everyone...HH, Dreamer,VA, Zelda and of cousrse..SOda

Gonna have sweet dreams tonight or I mean this morning.

tt

oh yeah...dont even think of video taping tomorrow night per Don H.
    Last edited by Tiffanny Twisted; 09-02-2012 at 02:30 PM.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Sounds like you all had a good night! Shame about no pics, though I know that directive hasn't stopped Borderers in the past ..........

What was Glenn wearing? Did he look well? (silly question..... I know!)
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Before JD came on, they did an announcement that no photography, video, or recording was allowed. Which is pretty standard, but often ignored. Then early in the show, Don reminded everyone it was a copyright violation to take video, I can't remember the exact wording. It was up in the air on whether he meant just video or pictures as well, but then Glenn followed it with a joke about not letting his kids take pictures of him at home. I decided to wait and see how it went, but then got so into the show I didn't think about it.

In answer to your question, they all looked just great. They sounded great. Lots of smiles and interaction.

HH and I were second row, and were wondering why our seat assignment wasn't exactly in the middle, but we still had great seats and we were directly in front of Joe. During In The City, Sela Ward and three others came and sat to our left. While she walked right in front of us to get to her seat, I didn't recognize her. It wasn't until the very end when the band was waving and walking off the stage and Don motioned for them to come backstage that we realized who she was. Since I don't watch TV as a general rule I'm not exactly certain who she is, but I guess she's currently on one of the CSI shows.

Last night, TT said it seemed Joe was my favorite since I shot out of my seat and stood for every one of his songs, not caring if those behind me stood or not. I was recently tortured in DC by the crowd not standing and moving to a single one of his songs, so I made sure to enjoy myself at this event.

The first encore was HC only. The second was TIE, RMW, and Desperado. The horns were absent last night. It still sounded great. Timothy was great, Don was great. And no one in the whole world plays guitar like Joe, IMO. During TIE, it was a special treat when Glenn sang with his eyes wide open, and he was great.

OK, after four hours of sleep, I need more coffee!
    Last edited by VAisForEagleLovers; 09-04-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Thanks VA, and looking forward to reading what everyone has to say/add. Sounds like a really great time and I love it when the report is that they sounded great their first show out after a hiatus.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

OOH...it was good...More to come....JAHH just went out for coffee...then I know what we will be doing this raining afternoon.....writing and posting on the border.

LOL...I did say Va you popped right up after every "Joe"song(kinda like a jack in the box"). but it was so fun to watch and he was so fun to jump up for cause he was super.

More later folks....I'm with VA coffee must get coffee.

Oh and when JAHH and I had our pictures taken with Sela WArd(CSI NY ON FRI NIGHTS CBS) I turned to her and said "weren't they great??"
    ANd she said "they were fabulous " and she had the biggest smile on her face as she said it. WOW...she was such a kind woman.

Oh, when I say Don motion to the area you were in (directly in front of us a few rows), I Jokingly said to JAHH" Almost looks like DOn is motioning to HH.....not knowing that Sela Ward was there.lol

awsome lady...class and her hubby was as kind as he could be too...gotta mention that. They didnt mind us intruding on their night out,....he took pictures of us with his wife..CLASSY COUPLE
    Last edited by Tiffanny Twisted; 09-02-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Glad to hear it! Shame about no pics though - I love those... Especially to see if Joe's guitarsenal (short for guitar arsenal ) has changed since the last Eagles dates.
    love that term for Joe's guitars.....they were many and mindblowing guitars last nite...

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Sounds like you all had a good night! Shame about no pics, though I know that directive hasn't stopped Borderers in the past ..........

What was Glenn wearing? Did he look well? (silly question..... I know!)
    HE LOOKED GREAT!!!!!!!
    HOt in his tight jeans (be still my heart.... boy did I have sweet dreams last night) white tee with a cream colored over button down shirt.
    ooh...did I mention the tight blue jeans????something about a man and a guitar and tight jeans....,
    GA
    oh I am sorry..I miss answered the question...did he look well. I thought so..seemed to be having a grand time...funny sense of humor with the one liners..but I thought he looked a little tired towards the end and I thought again, towards the end..his voice might have been bothering him..just my opinion/observation