Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Atlantic City 9/02/12

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: Atlantic City 9/02

I think that that is great.
    Thats the way things should be.
    I feel the same about SMugglers blues (JAhh likes I could take or leave) but I LOVED the version they did at the Sands in the After hours tour...wish he would record it.
    I do love the heat is on ..one of my favs ...just wanna dance...But I did love the version done at the Sands...slowed down.

SO I think it has to do with making a memory in your brain when you see it live and sometimes......things just pull our heart strings more than others.

You are making me .....wish I had been there on the second to see it too.

tt

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I want to mention a post or two that were mentioned way back near the beginning of the many replies that have been made to this thread. While it's already been said, having just read the 'Eagles songs of the moment' thread I feel I need to mention it again.

Don did an absolutely incredible job with Desperado. He always does a great job, but the one on 9/02 was simply amazing. I don't think it's a big secret that I don't care for this song and never have, and hearing Glenn sing it live almost made me reconsider that. Glenn does a great job with it, and better than what I heard from Don in previous concerts. But at this concert, Don literally blew my socks off and made my eyes tear up. I've had the vision and sound of him singing it in my head for days now. Bravo, Don!
    Me too VA. Desperado is not one of my favorite songs, as I may have mentioned before, but that night he had me tearing up too. It was heartfelt & emotional that night. LOveD IT

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - don't get me wrong, ladies. If the band wants to shake things up a bit, I'm all for it. I'm just not gonna count on it, and I still love 'em just the way they are.

And VA, I loved what you wrote about how you were touched by Desperado at the Sunday night show. This is exactly the kind of thing that is so special about seeing a live performance - as we've said before, each one has it's special little nuances that sets it apart from the others. As for me, I always get emotional when I hear Desperado simply because I know it's the end of the show. Honestly, I don't know if I even listened to it very closely that night because my mind was filled with thoughts of the show being over.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well - don't get me wrong, ladies. If the band wants to shake things up a bit, I'm all for it. I'm just not gonna count on it, and I still love 'em just the way they are.

And VA, I loved what you wrote about how you were touched by Desperado at the Sunday night show. This is exactly the kind of thing that is so special about seeing a live performance - as we've said before, each one has it's special little nuances that sets it apart from the others. As for me, I always get emotional when I hear Desperado simply because I know it's the end of the show. Honestly, I don't know if I even listened to it very closely that night because my mind was filled with thoughts of the show being over.
    I'm usually thinking the same thing when Desperado is played. I've been in and near the front every time I've heard him sing it, so I know it wasn't just that. But I started out thinking about the show being over, but he captured my attention about half way through the first verse and by the end I was too stunned to give him the applause due for a performance that good.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I don't like hearing that song anymore because I think "omg it's over and I'm never gonna see them again"

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I don't like hearing that song anymore because I think "omg it's over and I'm never gonna see them again"
    Yeas, Zelda...I agree with you.
    I have come to hate to hear that song cuase I know it means the end of the concert.

I never really truly had that song on the top ten list of favorites.....till I heard it done live by Mr. Henley at his solo concert. I appreciate it more but I hate to hear it played...its like last dance by Donna summer ...you know that the party is over...