Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantic City 9/02/12

Default Re: Atlantic City 9/02

Zelda, Thanks for posting your pictures. I was yelled at by the camera police at the show, so I only have like 3 pictures, but I see you got some great shots. We had the best view of Timothy, which is exactly what we wanted!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post

Please excuse my one track mind!
    Zelda, My mind is on the same track! Gorgeous pictures Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, this has all caused quite a ruckus! I've been busy at work and can hardly keep up with all this conversation! lol

Zelda, your pics are fabulous! Thanks for sharing them with us!

And I also think that Hotel California and Take It Easy should be the last encore. Not one of Joe's songs. Nothing against Joe, I love him, but.........And TIE probably will be the first song on the anniversary tour. I can understand that if they do songs chronologically.

I'm very annoyed at the guys for trying to ban picture taking again. I remember all the fuss from 2008 and the stand/sit policy. That was completely ridiculous! I really can't imagine how they think they can keep people from taking pictures these days with all the camera/smart phones. Everyone has one! Can you imagine if you had to give it up at the door? For one thing, it would take hours to get in to the venue with everyone having to 'check' their phones! And then hours again to get out after trying to pick it back up! I don't know what they could possibly come up with to try to stop it. I do understand that you shouldn't use a flash or a professional camera, but most fans want that personal picture that they took themselves at a concert just for their own enjoyment and memories. Most fans don't try to sell them for money. Do they?!

I can kinda understand the video thing, but really, in this day and age? I don't think they can control it! I guess if they are so uptight about it, they need to retire! I don't want that to happen, but good grief! All I can say is guys, in your own words, lighten up while you still can!

ETA: I just checked my email and I received one from Def Leppard and they were advertising their videos for sale on itunes. They also put this in the ad:

HYSTERIA YOUTUBE PLAYLIST
    YOU CAN NOW WATCH ALL THE VIDEOS FROM HYSTERIA ON
    DEF LEPPARD'S OFFICIAL YOUTUBE CHANNEL

They have their own freakin' channel on there! OMG! Don would die! lol
    Last edited by Brooke; 09-06-2012 at 04:25 PM.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

So far all the reviews are GLOWING!! I have to agree that they really delivered!
    So happy I decided to go! Who knows when this anniversary tour is going to happen & it may be in giant venues which I loathe....This place was kinda PERFECT & the sound system was superb!

I so happy you all had a great time and had great seats!

Zelda, your pictures came out fantastic!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    nice review but.....they spelled Schmit wrong!!!...again

Great pics everyone!

I will only say that I think Don's hatred of social media, YouTube, filming/picture taking, etc goes a bit too far. His preaching would NOT be something I'd want to hear during a show and certainly would spoil my mood.

I was just reminded of the social media thing a few days ago after resetting my Facebook and adding my "like" pages back in when I realized Don didn't have a Facebook fan page. Just the wikipedia one, which I'm surprised he hasn't asked to be removed yet.

My thoughts on YouTube are that while I DO enjoy watching them - I would respect his no filming wishes. I think that YT videos are a good thing for people to watch. Downloading may be something else but I love watching all of the footage of the band. I can't lie. I think he should either allow some concert footage or put up some videos on an Eagles account or something. If he did that or gave a way to watch videos that'd be great. But again, it'll never happen. I think YouTube for the most part is harmless and I think it's great. I'm not saying downloading is ok, but watching some videos is not that bad to me. YMMV. I'm not saying film the whole concert and put it out there. Most YT uploads are poor quality anyway.

On photos, I completely disagree with him. If I am paying that much money for tix, I'm going to take some photos for myself and perhaps my friends on Facebook... I feel I have that right - rightly or wrongly that's just the way I feel. I love looking at photos and I love having photographic memories to remember and I'd love sharing with friends. I wouldn't sell them or give them to an image seller or anything like that. But I feel photos are harmless as long as you turn off flash (if you are close to the band in proximity) especially when it's for personal enjoyment.

As far as his hatred for Facebook, Twitter, social networks/media, etc I feel he is missing out somewhat. Sooooo many people use FB, Twitter, etc as a way to get themselves out there, keep their fans up to date, post some concert photos from the crowd, form a community, etc. If he doesn't want to be a part of it that's fine and I'm not as opinionated or upset about this as much as the other two topics but I feel as if he is sort of a stick in the mud in this case and is not moving forward. I fully embrace social networking as a lot of my friends are on there and it's the best way for me to talk to them but I also don't let myself live only in a virtual reality either.

Just my opinions of course but Don really aggravates me sometimes with his comments, views, etc. Just like that time he flipped the bird to the paparazzi. Just looks foolish to me. He's still my favorite singer of all time but that doesn't mean I have to like his thoughts or beliefs, agree with his decisions, or even his personality/behavior. In fact I've stuck up for Don as a musician on guitar forums when they bash him for his views or his drumming skills. He's a very polarizing figure, as I am told on there.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Thanks for the link Va...
    I think that it is a positive one....
    They never fail to dissapoint when they perform.

Almost wish it was groundhogs day and except for the driving.....I',m doing it over and over again

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

OK, reading through this thread I feel I need to make some clarifications. First, the tickets said nothing about no photographs. When we came into the hall security asked to see in my purse. I opened it and he asked me if I had a camera in there. I said 'Yes and I'm not taking it back to my room'. He said that no pictures would allowed. Then, before JD ever took the stage, the PA announcer said 'no photography or recording of any kind'. This announcement is made before every concert at every venue, regardless of who's playing. That's been true in my experience, anyway. Early in the setlist, Don said three sentences about not filming. If the word 'copyright' makes it a rant then I guess it was. Then Glenn smiled and said he didn't even let his kids take pictures of him on a good day at home, or something like that. So in my review, I said it was unclear to me whether they didn't want pictures taken or not, so I elected to keep my camera in my purse. With what the security person said as I gave me ticket to be scanned, it could have been a miscommunication between the band and security.

Sunday night, they didn't care what was in my purse. I mentioned the camera and the guy smiled and told me to feel free to use it. The PA announcement was made, but all that was said from stage was 'no filming' and security didn't try to stop photos from being taken unless there was flash involved.

I've said this in other threads and I'll say it again here since I had this happen before this concert. I told friends that tickets would be on sale and that I was going. They said they didn't have the money to go and could I video-record it for them. My response was not Christian-like and certainly can't be printed on this board. These are friends that make more than twice as much as I do, they have the money, they just have other priorities. So be it. They can wait for the next DVD to come out.

It's a shame this conversation has taken away from the total absolute awesomeness displayed in the concert. These guys outdid themselves and that seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.