Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantic City 9/02/12

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Atlantic City 9/02

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post

Last night when I commented on your photos on FB, I was doing so from my Kindle Fire but they are so much better in bigger mode here on my laptop!! And what could be better than 1 Timothy but 2 Timothys.

Glad everyone had a wonderful time! I will say it, even tho no one else has.... I am so glad that when Glenn is "correcting" the audience about filming, he does it politely and tries to add humor to the situation unlike Don who pretty much becomes a sourpuss and puts me off when he does it. Unfortunately it happens and I try to understand why they don't wish to have it but seriously, Get Over It.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Last night when I commented on your photos on FB, I was doing so from my Kindle Fire but they are so much better in bigger mode here on my laptop!! And what could be better than 1 Timothy but 2 Timothys.

Glad everyone had a wonderful time! I will say it, even tho no one else has.... I am so glad that when Glenn is "correcting" the audience about filming, he does it politely and tries to add humor to the situation unlike Don who pretty much becomes a sourpuss and puts me off when he does it. Unfortunately it happens and I try to understand why they don't wish to have it but seriously, Get Over It.
    I heard that Don mentioned this on Sat. night, but Sun night he didn't say anything!! They were all in a great mood & security was on top of anyone using a flash or video taping. There was a woman in the front row that was filming video, but they stopped her. They allowed cameras with no flash, but of course I didn't know how to turn my flash off! Now, I know!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

TBF, I think Don was trying to be polite and while it was a 'downer' moment (he didn't scowl or anything), he lightened up after that and seemed to be in a good mood and smiled a lot. Which he should because he has a great smile. If he knew that it made him look decades younger I bet he'd smile more often.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Thanks for the great photos! So glad you had a wonderful time.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

That pic of Timothy is really cool, VA! Glad everyone had a great time Sunday as well!

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I'll echo everyone's sentiments. The shows were fantastic -- Saturday's was great despite the obnoxious, loud, inappropriate and extremely drunk high rollers that were in attendance. I sat next to one "gentleman" who I was going to knee in the nuts if he put his hands on me one more time. Seriously. What is wrong with people? But you've got to go with the flow and block them out and just stay in the moment.

Don's comment that recording the show was a violation of U.S. Copyright Law did seem a bit harsh at the time, but in retrospect should have been a bit stronger. Maybe then people would have listened -- but they didn't. Glenn did lighten the moment when he jokingly commented that pics were OK, but that he doesn't even like it when his kids take his picture. I did like Don's comment that if they had known 40 years ago that they would still be around and performing they would have taken much better care of themselves. (Wouldn't we all.)

The band definitely feeds off the crowd and they seemed much more animated and happier to be playing on Sunday. At times on Saturday I got the impression that it was almost a chore for them to continue to play for the front-row losers that were hard to ignore. The vibe on Sunday was a happy, party atmosphere. The crowd was a bit more mellow but much more present and attentive. I don't think I've ever seen Scott Crago smile as much. Glenn did his funky little spin dance during his introduction. Timothy was inciting the crowd to get up and dance. Joe was spot on as usual on guitar. During Desperado, Don took the mic in hand and walked up to the very edge of the stage to sing. It was an outstanding performance and seemed to be a more heart-felt rendition -- if that makes any sense. It's hard to describe but I don't think I've ever "felt it" like I did Sunday night. They really worked the stage and I could not get enough.

A good time was had by all. VA, Dreamer, Soda and I have been on the road together several times but it was great to meet up again with Zelda, TT, JAHH and to meet Topkat.

Hopefully it won't be too far into the New Year that they go back on the road. I know I'll be counting the days!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

HH

if your counting the days...are we there yet???

tt

Out on the Border

Just wanted to say that my husband and I had a great time Sunday night and it was fun hanging out with everyone after the show. Hope to meet up with everyone again sometime. This is my first post! Don't know how I got up the nerve to do this.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darwene View Post
    Just wanted to say that my husband and I had a great time Sunday night and it was fun hanging out with everyone after the show. Hope to meet up with everyone again sometime. This is my first post! Don't know how I got up the nerve to do this.
    Welcome!! It was nice hanging out with you, too. After Glenn's Bethlehem concert as well. All the rest of the people here are much nicer than me, so if you can put up with me you got it made!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darwene View Post

I'm so glad you posted!!! I'm really glad to have met you (and that I didn't scare you away). I had lots of laughs with you and your husband after the show. You both are hysterically funny and I hope to see you at many more upcoming shows!