Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantic City 9/02/12

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: Atlantic City 9/02

Quote Originally Posted by darwene View Post
    Just wanted to say that my husband and I had a great time Sunday night and it was fun hanging out with everyone after the show. Hope to meet up with everyone again sometime. This is my first post! Don't know how I got up the nerve to do this.
    welcome to the border!!!!

Jahh And Iwere there on sat so we missed you and your hubby.
    We were at the Bethleham show at the sands too.

SO welcome

VA isforEagleLovers
    Just when you think these guys achieve perfection, they go and prove to you they can still improve. While the crowd wasn't as into it, our guys were better this night than Saturday.
    I was only at the Sunday show so I can't compare the nights, but over on our side (Timothy's side) everyone was totally into it! Everyone was up dancing and clapping like crazy. Zelda & I were sitting near 2 really nice couples who we spoke to a little bit. Being in the front row, I wasn't really paying much attention to what was going on behind me in the audience,.... but I did see some people up dancing. The reviewer also said many were up & dancing & singing.
    I do recall you saying that the people sitting near you were not even getting up....Ummm Why? What's wrong with them?

One highlight for me was when Tim came right to the edge of the stage in front of us during LITFL & was playing it seemed like just for us! I thought Zelda was gonna pass out!

Joe also crossed the stage & came over to our side right to the edge of the stage & played guitar for us during one of his songs, (sorry I forgot which one) I don't know if he normally does that, because he came all the way to the opposite side of the stage! I guess he figured that we couldn't see him enough!
    They both really came right up in our faces! Pretty cool!
    I had been front row for the solo shows of Tim & Joe, but never for an Eagles concert! It was a reall thrill for me!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Perhaps it's just my perception. After all, I was near the front both nights and only glanced behind me a few times. But even the security guard, just before the concert, said it was a much more tame crowd than the night before which worked for him as it wouldn't be as difficult. I took that to mean 'sober'. I did see where your section was standing, at least near the front, but ours was all sitting. As long as they weren't sitting with long, sober faces and are interacting and enjoying the music in other ways, it's all good, I guess.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Hi darwene and welcome! Any friend of a Borderer....

This had been brought up before, but I don't understand why Don doesn't let somebody else play 'bad cop' and warn about taking video or photos - somebody not in the band. Surely they could have someone come out or have an announcement made before they come onstage, thus removing themselves from the 'dirty work'. It just seems beneath them to have to make those kinds of announcements and unfortunately, as some of us here have admitted, makes Don come off as a hothead.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

So glad everyone had a great time. (Not that there was ever any doubt!) Thanks for the reviews and pictures.

Glad to have you posting, darwene! I loved meeting up with you and your husband again!

I agree that Sunday's show was better than Saturday's (yes, I wound up going to both) and I was glad we didn't get the "violation of copyright" speech from Don that night as well, although the "STOP FILMING" Glenn directed at somebody in the front row during "Lyin' Eyes" on Sunday brought me out of my happy place for that song. I want to be wrapped up in the music, and that in-song admonishment ripped the blanket off. He didn't shout it, but I didn't like hearing his voice go cold and hard like that right in the middle of the song. I wish he would have waited until the song was over.

However, the rest of the show was terrific. Hanging with my fellow Borderers was great, too! I had a blast and I'm so glad I went!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

You make a good point, PM, but I wonder if a generic announcement from the venue's rep (or some other "authority figure") would be as powerful or as respected as one from the band. I have to think not. If they didn't respect Don's request -- and obviously they didn't since Glenn had to -- in mid-song -- say "No videos, please --which was in my experience was unprecedented -- would a blanket announcement before the show have sufficed? I don't think so.

Don made a point of saying: "If we wanted to be on You-tube, we'd have put ourselves on you-tube. So maybe the bigger issue should be addressed direclty with you-tube. I don't know how it works. I don't want to know how it works. If there are lawyers invovled -- and I'm sure there are, they'll work it out. I'd just prefer that it didn't have to be an issue that detracts from the live concert experience. Video?? Just say NO!!!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Glad to have you posting, darwene! I loved meeting up with you and your husband again!

I agree that Sunday's show was better than Saturday's (yes, I wound up going to both) and I was glad we didn't get the "violation of copyright" speech from Don that night as well, although the "STOP FILMING" Glenn directed at somebody in the front row during "Lyin' Eyes" on Sunday brought me out of my happy place for that song. I want to be wrapped up in the music, and that in-song admonishment ripped the blanket off. He didn't shout it, but I didn't like hearing his voice go cold and hard like that right in the middle of the song. I wish he would have waited until the song was over.

However, the rest of the show was terrific. Hanging with my fellow Borderers was great, too! I had a blast and I'm so glad I went!
    None of this appears to augur well for any solo shows in Australia in terms of photography.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I was glad we didn't get the "violation of copyright" speech from Don that night as well, although the "STOP FILMING" Glenn directed at somebody in the front row during "Lyin' Eyes" on Sunday brought me out of my happy place for that song.

That was the woman sitting next to me and it was UNCOMFORTABLE. Not for her -- it went right over her head, but as I said in a previous post it was unprecedented in my experience and was a "WOW" moment.
    For Glenn to make such a point in mid-song, he surely must have been pissed.

I don't blame him either.

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    You make a good point, PM, but I wonder if a generic announcement from the venue's rep (or some other "authority figure") would be as powerful or as respected as one from the band. I have to think not. If they didn't respect Don's request -- and obviously they didn't since Glenn had to -- in mid-song -- say "No videos, please --which was in my experience was unprecedented -- would a blanket announcement before the show have sufficed? I don't think so.
    To be fair, Don's and Glenn's scoldings were on separate nights, and not everyone goes to both shows as we did!

Glenn's ice-cold "STOP FILMING" during a song may or may not be unprecedented, but in my opinion it's a bad idea to issue chastisements in the middle of songs. I wasn't in the front row, but I can tell you from where I was (fourth row), I didn't see hardly anybody up close filming on Sunday. Obviously there was a lady in the front being obnoxious - shame on her - but is it worth bringing everybody down just to stop one person up close from filming?

I guess they're not going to be happy until every last person in the arena has stopped taking video... which means they're not going to be happy, period. They certainly can't control the people in the back or in the upper levels. They can lessen filming without damaging goodwill by making polite requests and if they want to do that, I don't mind. However, they can't eradicate filming either by request or by dictate and the latter just brings the room down. It sucks that they are allowing their obsession with this to detract from their entire audience's live experience, including those who didn't even bring cameras. I mean, this show was terrific otherwise.... Oh well. JMHO.

Don made a point of saying: "If we wanted to be on You-tube, we'd have put ourselves on you-tube. So maybe the bigger issue should be addressed direclty with you-tube. I don't know how it works. I don't want to know how it works. If there are lawyers invovled -- and I'm sure there are, they'll work it out. I'd just prefer that it didn't have to be an issue that detracts from the live concert experience. Video?? Just say NO!!!
    Don's anti-YouTube war is out of control. It even made him come out in support of the draconian SOPA bill (thank GOD Congress recognized that it was unconstitutional and didn't pass it). Believe me, he has lawyers working on it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten