Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantic City 9/02/12

Default Re: Atlantic City 9/02

After looking over the setlist, there is only one thing I did miss. They played only one song from LROOE, How Long. I would really have LOVED to hear Waiting In the Weeds, which I think is a favorite off this album! I have heard many fans say this is their favorite song from LROOE.
    That is really my only slight disappointment. Otherwise the set list was great.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    After looking over the setlist, there is only one thing I did miss. They played only one song from LROOE, How Long. I would really have LOVED to hear Waiting In the Weeds, which I think is a favorite off this album! I have heard many fans say this is their favorite song from LROOE.
    That is really my only slight disappointment. Otherwise the set list was great.
    I just feel lucky that I got to see those songs.

My mian problem with this setlist, as always, is that Glenn sings too few songs in the second half of the show & that TIE should be last (if not last, at least it should be after RMW).

Stuck on the Border

Zelda, Your pictures came out great. Mine really didn't, so I'm glad to see yours & VA's pics! I still haven't been able to load them. My first front row at an Eagles show was quite an experience..... I think I was in a trance most of the show. I was very happy sitting on TBS side of the stage. I think I may have been yelling a bit too much because I had a bit of a sore throat by the time I got home.

We had a great time & the people sitting near us were really nice & totally into the show! The guys seemed to be in a great mood & very relaxed.. I thought the acoustics at the venue were excellent & their voices sounded spot on....I did see the security people tell a few people not to film.

One thought on this set list. Although it is shorter than the tours they had done previously, I did not feel cheated in any way. They played for 2 hours & I'm not sure that we can expect more than that. Most concerts you see lately, play a 90 minute set. That is the normal these days. I love that they started with 7 Bridges Road. I'm also glad they moved HC & TIE to the encore. I always felt these songs should be at the end of the show. I'm not sure that the 40 Anniversary tour is going to be a 3 hour show as they had done in the past. It may be a different set list, but I'm not so sure it's going to be much longer than this.

Overall, we all had a great time & it was so nice to meet up with fellow Borderers before & after the show! Great to finally meet Soda, VA, HH, Dreamer, Zelda after being on this board for almost a year now.

TIE has always been an encore but in my opinion it should be the very last song; see previous post. They may do it first if they do a chronological setlist next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I remember one of the shows in Chicago a few years ago, Glenn actually said something like "take all the pictures you want, just don't film us. We don't come to your job and film you." He's usually so light hearted about it, it kind of surprised me when I read that he actually had said what he did Sunday night, right in the middle of a song. That would of brought me down--FAST! As for Don, no surprise there, in fact, it's gotten to the point that I almost expect it. Don't get me wrong, I love Don's talent and I love my Eagles but I don't like this kind of stuff. But ever since the whole flyers on the seats in Indy (wasn't it) about standing during the concert, nothing surprises me. I would never video them... EVER... because I'd be to afraid to be on the other end of Don or Glenn's wrath. Don't want to go there.

As for it ending up on YouTube... CRAP!!! It doesn't take away from their sells. And for some of us, that completely refuse to pay that kind of money for a front row or decent seat to one of their concerts, it's as close to a live show as I will probably ever get again. Just my opinion.

As for other artist overcoming it.... There are definitely some artist that absolutely EMBRACE it and post their own stuff on YouTube, etc.... As a small example, I've stated before how Styx goes so far as to grab your cameras, phones, etc and take them up on stage and do their own taping/picture taking before handing it back to the audience member. At their concert in June, Tommy, JY & Lawrence actually goofed and posed during a song when someone was making no secret of taping and after the song, Tommy said "Stick that on YouTube!".

It is what it is!! Times have changed and I wish the Eagles would lighten up.
    Well put.

I've gone to You Tube to get my Joe Walsh fix b/c people have uploaded video over there from his latest tour. I don't know when and if Joe is going to play here so for me right now, that stuff on You Tube really helps scratch the itch. I'm grateful to those people who video shows that I haven't had the chance to see yet.

Zelda, Your pictures came out great. Mine really didn't, so I'm glad to see yours & VA's pics! I still haven't been able to load them...

Zelda, where can I see you pics? maybe I'm going ga-ga but I can't see a link in this thread.

Quote from TimothyBFan
    Don't get me wrong, I love Don's talent and I love my Eagles but I don't like this kind of stuff. But ever since the whole flyers on the seats in Indy (wasn't it) about standing during the concert, nothing surprises me. I would never video them... EVER... because I'd be to afraid to be on the other end of Don or Glenn's wrath. Don't want to go there.
    Wait, what was this thing with flyers on the seats??? What did they say? I have never heard of anyone putting flyers on the seats at a concert!!! Crazy!

Quote from TimothyBFan

Wait, what was this thing with flyers on the seats??? What did they say? I have never heard of anyone putting flyers on the seats at a concert!!! Crazy!
    I can't remember which show had flyers on the seats, but Soda and I both remember in our reviews from Indy 3-22-09 the tour guy who came out before the show and gave us the 'standing and sitting rules'. Lol! Funny now...not so funny at the time.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=1557
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Ok I am with Zelda....still flying high.

I last saw the boys in 2008 three times in one year (2 of them in 1 week...long story). go bless JAhh.... we had so much fun and so enjoyed the shows. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would see those guys live ever. Was gonna do it years ago but they canceled Philly when he had stomach surgury.

I have been blessed whith the oppertunity to see them each individually solo.
    Always entertaaining.

After seeing tht they are only doing the two they did at revel and the one in Vegas.....I feel fortunate that I got to see them at all...even with the dont film us issue.
    I came to ohear them sing and perform and I wansnt disapointed

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I can't remember which show had flyers on the seats, but Soda and I both remember in our reviews from Indy 3-22-09 the tour guy who came out before the show and gave us the 'standing and sitting rules'. Lol! Funny now...not so funny at the time.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=1557

There were flyers on the seats at the AA Center in Dallas when I saw the Eagles there in 2008, but not when I saw them there in 2010.

In 2008 it was 'no videoing or photography. A lot of venues say this but then allow photos, so I took out my camera but immediately got told 'No Photos' by security, so I had to put it away. If I remember correctly it said something about the standing/sitting thing too.
    (At one Eagles show Don's said 'when we sit down, you sit down' or something like that - can't remember the year or the venue)

I remember at the O2 London on 22 March 2008 the tickets said no photos but on the night I went we were allowed to take photos. However, at one of the following shows(I think it was the last one on 6 April) they weren't allowing photos. Very inconsistent.

I never take videos. I have taken short clips on my camera but only during the band intros. I like to take photos, always without a flash, but stop if told to by security.

Like some others here, I think the Eagles can be a bit paranoid about such issues but I will respect their wishes. Also, if I pay A LOT of money for a good seat, I want to see the whole show and don't want to risk being thrown out by security.

I really can't believe they had the nerve to have a sit/stand notice! That is just nuts... It sounds like they wanted people sitting during the acoustic set, but that is just way crazy! How much of a control freak is this guy??? Surprised he didn't have a policy about when to clap & when to be still! Sheeesh!