Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: "After Hours" Survivor

Default Re: "After Hours" Survivor

Yes, I've been listening to it on repeat to make sure I have my votes all lined up and I haven't tired of it yet! While I do have some songs that I don't like as well as others (as I've already expressed), his voice is consistently strong. In fact, it's more than strong - it's absolutely entrancing. I love to listen to him sing and I can't get enough.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Let me clarify, I do not I'm any way think WM is a BAD song. Very little separated it from the few at the lower end of the list. If anything it's the most 'Eagley' sounding of all the songs on AH. Just something had to go and to me it didn't seem to fit in as well.
    Agreed. Some people seem to prefer it BECAUSE it sounds more 'Eagley'. I'm not one of them, although I like it. I like that he is paying homage to Ray Charles on it.

There have not been many actual votes yet.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I'm having a very difficult time choosing a song here & everyone's comments aren't making it any easier ! I just adore this album & play it continuously! The songs never start sounding the same to me, although I admit that I can see that they may become that way by some. I think Glenn's voice is absolutely beautiful on this album (not that I don't think that his voice is great on every song he sings, but "beautiful" is not the word that I think applies to all his vocals, eg. Outlaw Man, Chug All Night).

I'll just have to go listen some more - and hope that I don't forget to come back & vote, LOL!
    I agree with you. I don't think the songs sound the same. Each song has a different feel & mood, subtle though it may be.

Stuck on the Border

I hope some people start to vote soon because this level of participation is not looking good for this game.

In many of our Survivors, people wait until the last minute to vote. Don't fret yet, FP!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Agreed. Quite a few people have stated they will hold off for the moment, and we know Dreamervalways comes in towards the end of each voting period too. There were plenty of votes in favour of the Survivor in the original poll too! So even if just they vote we still have a game. And not everyone is in a position to visit here every day either. It'll happen!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I promised I'd play.

I'm kind of all over the place with this one. I pulled it out and listened a few times since I knew we'd be playing this and every time I've listened, I pick a different song to win and rearrange all the others. But I seem to consistently put 2 songs towards the bottom, Same Girl and My Buddy.

So I will vote for My Buddy this first round.

And I know I've said this before, but I will reiterate--- I really miss the immunity questions. They just seem to add a great dimension to the game.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I hope some people start to vote soon because this level of participation is not looking good for this game.
    I'm just finding it sooo difficult to decide!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oh, I'm going to vote too, but I'm just undecided right now. This is really hard. It's going to be between My Buddy and I'm Getting Old Before My Time.

My Buddy just doesn't work very well. At first I think he's singing about a pet dog, but that gets clarified! And calling a woman "my buddy" just doesn't work for me! lol

As for IGOBMT, I hate to hear him sing about getting old! I don't want him to get old!

Ok, I talked myself in to it.

I vote for My Buddy!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten