Thread: online dating

Default online dating

just curious...a friend thinks it's a good idea....family says no....anyone ever know of anyone who has tried it...

Default Re: online dating

Yes, I know of at least two couples that are now in long term relationships who met online. (Here in New Zealand).

There are wonderful people out there - but there's also a lot of dishonesty. Don't be afraid - BUT be very careful. I'm sure there's a list of safety precautions online somewhere.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

One of my close friends has been married to a guy she met through an online dating service for 10 years now, and they're very happy. She encouraged me to sign up for one.

So I did - I signed up for eHarmony. However, I feel very uncomfortable with it and I've only interacted with a handful of people on there. The interactions are so contrived and I haven't ever thought "Wow, this guy seems like someone I can't wait to meet!" I don't plan on renewing.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

i met my boyfriend online and he is the best thing that has ever happened to me but just be careful of who you meet

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I think its probably worth a try, but at least for the first few meetings I would suggest they be in a public place such as a bar or restaurant or gallery or something, as opposed to meeting in someones home.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

It's like most anything else.. it can be good or bad. Being careful is the main priority and as previously mentioned, meeting in public places at first would be ideal. I know several people in long relationships, that met online and then I know some horror stories. I'd say it's worth a try a least! Might get lucky and find the one....

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

LOL I haven't done this in a long time, but I did once. I met a guy from Portugal on it and was "dating" for 2 years, but I wanted something other than just talking. He never had the money to come over here and my parents forbided it. LOL so I just stayed away from it.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!