Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of Road To Forever

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Celebration of Road To Forever

TK, I guess it's all subjective, but I guess I delineate it the same way SiriusXM does. Maybe because I've been a subscriber for seven years! But they have the 80's station which plays it all. Hair Nation which plays the hair band rock sound. Then there's Classic Rewind, which is mostly 80's rock. Artists I'm thinking of are Don Henley (of course!), Tom Petty, Aerosmith, Cars, Police, Journey, Genesis, Mellencamp, AC/CD, Pat Benetar, Boston, Van Halen, Bob Seger, Springsteen, Cheap Trick, you get the idea.

The Hair Rock bands, to me, are more like Bon Jovi, Ratt, Def Leppard, Guns N' Roses, Europe, etc.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    TK, I guess it's all subjective, but I guess I delineate it the same way SiriusXM does. Maybe because I've been a subscriber for seven years! But they have the 80's station which plays it all. Hair Nation which plays the hair band rock sound. Then there's Classic Rewind, which is mostly 80's rock. Artists I'm thinking of are Don Henley (of course!), Tom Petty, Aerosmith, Cars, Police, Journey, Genesis, Mellencamp, AC/CD, Pat Benetar, Boston, Van Halen, Bob Seger, Springsteen, Cheap Trick, you get the idea.

The Hair Rock bands, to me, are more like Bon Jovi, Ratt, Def Leppard, Guns N' Roses, Europe, etc.
    Well, I just don't see the connection of Felder's album to any of the bands you mentioned, so I'm not really seeing Road to Forever having anything similar to an 80's sound.

Stuck on the Border

I'm listening to the tracks for the first time. Sounds like a very solid album. The melody and chords in the verses of "I believe in you" remind me very much of "King of Hollywood"!!
    Occasionally, in certains songs, Don's voice reminds me of Billy Gibbons, and that is not a bad thing!

Border Desperado

Oh My I have so much to say about RTF Album, I guess I'll better be back once I have a few Mins
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

Happy 7th Birthday to Road to Forever. I like some songs from this album.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Happy Anniversary to Road to Forever!!

It seems a lot longer than 7 years for some reason.

I do enjoy this album, and it shows Don has some strong songwriting skills. It would be better if his vocals sounded the same as they did on Airborne however.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    VA, One question?? I saw that you mentioned that many of the songs seemed to have a vibe from the 80's. I really don't see that. I think Felder's songs are more modern & kind of mellow. I see the 80's as the "Hair band rock" & the "pop" era. I'm not really feeling that from Don's album. Just curious as to why you think it has an 80's sound?

This is an old post but I pretty much agree with it.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

It's funny - it seems less than 7 years to me! RTF is still my fave of Felder's albums.

Happy Anniversary!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Happy belated anniversary to Road to Forever.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Happy 9th Anniversary to Road to Forever!!

I listened to this album for the first time in a long while and it is better than I remembered. This is Don’s best solo album imo and it shows some fine songwriting - LROOE definitely could have benefited from Don’s contributions. The title track is really strong and overall the album shows growth and maturity as well as some vulnerability. It’s main weakness is that Don just doesn’t have a great voice, though he tries to use it as best he can.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

I remember liking the bits I've heard. Strong material. I kinda like his voice too.