Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Where Would You Like To Visit?

Default Re: Where Would You Like To Visit?

Italy is at the top of my list. I'd like to travel all round Europe & the UK (it's our "long term goal" for when our youngest finishes school).

My husband would like to take me to Tasmania - he lived there for a few years, and we're both keen to do the rail trip up through the middle of Australia (from Adelaide up to Darwin).

We also want to see more of New Zealand and show the kids some more of the country. New Zealanders have a very bad habit of travelling overseas far more than within their own country, and we are both guilty!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

yOu know NYC always sounds like fun..especially with you guys. I did it when I was 18 and went for a big trade show for hairdressers(in my other life) and got flashed in grand central station.lol.. We had so much fun...but that was ions ago.
    I know overseas would be fun but there are so many places here to be seen first i think

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well I'm quite the opposite to many of you in that I have been to many European countries and cities, including England, Wales, France, Spain, Greece, Germany, Holland, Italy, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Hungary and Portugal. As well as Finland (Lapland) when the kiddies were small and we went to see Santa Claus.
    Also been to Tunisia in North Africa, and I worked in Boston (with a weekend in NYC) in 1989.
    And of course more recently I've been to Niagara Falls and LA to see a certain musician do his thing!

So whats on the 'bucket list'?

I would love to do a really good tour of the USA, and see all the places I've read about and heard about but not gotten the chance to see yet. That would include New England in the Fall, the Grand canyon, Aspen, Atlanta (have a thing about Gone With The Wind) to name just a few places. I'd also like to see the sun set over the Pacific. And Hawaii.

Cold places...... I'd love to go to see the penguins in Antarctica and do some photography there too, but I'd say if I get to Iceland I'd be lucky.

And I'd also love to visit Australia - not just this coming February!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I would love to visit Europe someday. Just do lots of traveling and exploring this world.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Believe it or not, my dream trip for the past year and a half WAS to go to Virginia, where my dream of seeing some other eagles would have been realized. As some of you know, I became addicted to a bald eagle's nest live web cam at Norfolk Botanical Garden in April of last year. When the female bald eagle was killed by an airplane at the the airport next door, the three eagle chicks were taken the the Wildlife Center of Virginia on the other side of the state where they were raised and released. Visiting these two places was a huge goal, until they took the nest down earlier this month on the advice of the USDA Wildlife Services. I still plan to go and visit the wildlife center, and I'll probably go to the garden too, but it just won't be the same.
    Well, the nice thing about having realistic goals is that they might just happen! As I post this we are en route to Virginia. In addition to visiting my beloved Wildlife Center of Virginia and going to a Jack Hanna show, I am also going to realize a long time dream (no pun intended) of meeting our very own Dreamer! It's going to be a great time!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I've been lucky enough to be able to travel quite a bit over the years. I made Europe a priority in my 20's, as I thought it was good to do as much as I could then. We backpacked around Europe for 8 weeks after college and then tried to go back to places I liked over the years. I've also been to Australia, but sadly only had 3 weeks, so did not get to New Zealand.

In the last few years, I've spent a week in Tuscany, a week in the Scottish Highlands and 2 weeks on the Amalfi Coast. This year I'll be spending 10 days in England. London and the Southwest coast. Going to Highclere Castle, Bath, Dorset and around that area.

I'd love to see Russia someday and also get back to Greece. I've been to Prague, but would love to do a trip that includes Budapest (my grandmother was born there), Vienna, maybe Prague again and possibly up into Poland.

Would also love to do the Grand Canyon and some of the Western States. I've traveled extensively on the East Coast, but not as much out West. Although I did get to go to some of the national parks in southern Utah a few years ago, and have been to Sedona, Jackson Hole and Grand Teton National Park. All are spectacular.

If anyone ever wants to see New England in the Fall, go to Vermont around Columbus Day and just meander around the state. It's so beautiful. I was lucky enough to live in Burlington for 2 years, about 7 years ago and I LOVE Vermont. It's one of the most beautiful places I've been and has such a great vibe. Coastal Maine in the Summer is also lovely. Every bit as New England as you would imagine it to be.

Great thread, with good suggestions from everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Well, the nice thing about having realistic goals is that they might just happen! As I post this we are en route to Virginia. In addition to visiting my beloved Wildlife Center of Virginia and going to a Jack Hanna show, I am also going to realize a long time dream (no pun intended) of meeting our very own Dreamer! It's going to be a great time!
    Have a fantastic time! Sounds like so much fun.

oh PM so happy for you...I'm sure you will have a great time and you will love Dreamer...safe travels!!!...can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Have a wonderful trip and I know you'll have a good time with dreamer!
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Pm, that's great! Have fun!

NYC, you are very well traveled and I certainly envy you! I'd love to travel more. Mostly the US, but if I get to see everything I want to here, then I would love to see England and Ireland. Maybe someday.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten