Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Sandy

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Hurricane Sandy

OMG, HH! Those pics are just devestating. I'm so sorry for all of you out there in that awful mess. Thoughts and prayers sent.

In the pic of your Mom's house, was it flooded? The cream chairs don't look hurt at all nor the oak stairs. But the floor, yuck! Amazing!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

HH, thanks for taking the time out to update us on the awful havoc that has been wrecked on your Mothers home. I too cried some tears for your whole family and I hope that you will all gather the strength you need in order to eventually overcome it. We are all thinking of and praying for your family and all the victims that have sustained both loss of life and material loss as a result of this dreadful hurricane.

Your Mum has one little piece of good fortune, in that she has a loving and caring family to help her through this. I hope that eventually you will be able to restore her place at least in some part to what it was.

Hugs and prayters to you all!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I've been emailing eaglesvet and she and her family are fine. Part of their fence got destroyed in the hurricane, but, fortunately, that was the extent of their damage. However, they still have not had their power restored, and, of course, it's very cold up there. She was happy though because she was able to get gas today without waiting in a very long line, but not looking forward to the Noreaster that's come in.

This is the last thing that the folks in N.J. and N.Y. need right now. Really does make you wonder at the powers that be, doesn't it?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Glad to hear Eaglesvet is ok...hopefully still is after the Noreaster!

We finally went back To work today. Computers are still messed up, but it felt good to do something normal. One of our buildings was flooded with 7 feet of water. They will not be open for a while. Several of our co-workers lost their homes and belongings. Everyone is concerned about finding places to live. Most are staying with family, but some are spread out. My friend is staying with her aunt while her daughter is staying with her grandmother. I think they will all feel better when they have their own places and can be together. So many thousands of people need homes. I have heard from two people that FEMA was very helpful. They expected a long wait and a lot of red tape but were pleasantly surprised. They said it was only about a half hour, and they had money in their accounts the next morning. So many people complain when the government messes up, I just wanted to say good job. Still seeing a lot of RedCross trucks around and out of state police and power companies. I saw a power worker from Alabama in the drug store yesterday and was happy I could say thank you to him. So many people coming to help.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

SG - good to hear from you again and so glad things are gradually getting restored to some sense of normalcy ... hope things continue to get better for everyone. And I know exact how you feel about thanking the folks that come from different parts of the country to help. The last couple of times we've been hit by hurricanes, it was heartwarming to see how folks pull together during tough times. I tried to make sure I thanked every worker I saw, but especially the ones from outside our state who were willing to be away from home for weeks to help us out.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

salygee

hang in there.
    I am praying for you and your family and friends
    tt

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

SG, glad to hear things are getting better.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Dreamer, thanks for telling us about Eaglesvet. I miss her here and am grateful she only lost part of a fence.

SG, I can tell that you were getting a little stir crazy not being able to go to work. Glad there's that sense of normalcy for you now.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

It's hard to believe but there are still people without power on Long Island & in Conn. This is over 12 days now.That is really a long time to have no power.
    It's been warmer today & tomorrow it may go to 60 degrees, so these people won't be freezing tonight, but it's still way too long.
    Also there is still a gas shortage, with gas rationing on odd & even days. This is 2012, & this should not be going on this long. Hard to believe that our country in these times don't have the resources to get this fixed by now.