Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater, FL 11/10/12

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater, FL 11/10/12

Great concert! He sounded great and put on a great show. On my phone, so can't post pics. I didn't take too many and not sure how they turned out.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater, FL 11/10/12

Thanks for your preliminary report , VK. I'm anxious to hear the dets when you get a chance!

Did any of you get any Glenn-tact?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

glad u had a blast

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Great concert! He sounded great and put on a great show. On my phone, so can't post pics. I didn't take too many and not sure how they turned out.
    glad you had a good time...and Mr. Frey was in usual form...can't wait to hear more...

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Soda and Dreamer did!
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I'm on layover now in Houston. He gave us some smiles and waves toward the end before going offstage. Dreamer blew him a kiss as requested and he blew one back. Even a modicum of "Glenntact" thrills me, and I imagine it always will, no matter what.

Our first row seats were so close that if I straightened my legs, my feet touched the stage. It was several feet high - I'd say 4 - so we were about eye level with his feet when seated.

He sounded great overall. My sister seemed to really enjoy herself.

I have more to say but I am trying to type on my new smartphone and it's not easy. I'll write more later.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm sure Soda and/or Dreamer will post more details, but the show was great. Glenn sounded great, and his delivery amazing. He talked more and joked more, very much an artist who interacts with an audience.

On thing he did do that I noticed is that he tended to only sing and talk to half the crowd, the half on his right. In previous shows I sat on his right and so wouldn't have noticed if he's always done this. I have no idea why he'd look straight out and then off to his right and seldom, if ever, his left. I did sit on his left at Town Hall in NYC and I don't remember him doing it. Maybe it was one of the spotlights? No idea.

During The Look of Love, it was one he sang almost exclusively to the other side, and I'm not sure what was going on, but he grinned a lot through it. So I spent my time wondering why instead of enjoying the song.

The setlist was same as what was posted for the Charlotte show and the shows back in May.

The Will that we know and love wasn't there, instead, a different Will was in his place. He wore a hat and a different-looking pair of glasses. As noted in another thread, Reggie McBride played bass instead of Wade.

It was a great show, and again, made better by being with Soda and Dreamer. Enjoyed meeting Soda's sister. Of course, I missed HH being there.
    VK

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Can't wait to see the pictures. Sounds like a great show again. Curious about the looking to one side more. Will be interested to see if others noticed or not.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I'm sure Soda and/or Dreamer will post more details, but the show was great. Glenn sounded great, and his delivery amazing. He talked more and joked more, very much an artist who interacts with an audience.

On thing he did do that I noticed is that he tended to only sing and talk to half the crowd, the half on his right. In previous shows I sat on his right and so wouldn't have noticed if he's always done this. I have no idea why he'd look straight out and then off to his right and seldom, if ever, his left. I did sit on his left at Town Hall in NYC and I don't remember him doing it. Maybe it was one of the spotlights? No idea.

During The Look of Love, it was one he sang almost exclusively to the other side, and I'm not sure what was going on, but he grinned a lot through it. So I spent my time wondering why instead of enjoying the song.

The setlist was same as what was posted for the Charlotte show and the shows back in May.

The Will that we know and love wasn't there, instead, a different Will was in his place. He wore a hat and a different-looking pair of glasses. As noted in another thread, Reggie McBride played bass instead of Wade.

It was a great show, and again, made better by being with Soda and Dreamer. Enjoyed meeting Soda's sister. Of course, I missed HH being there.
    So Here's To Life was not included?