Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: "Analog Man" Survivor

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: "Analog Man" Survivor

I vote for Family this round.

I still really like it though! I just try to not think about the meaning and I agree with Dreamer that surely Joe would not direct it at his family.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    WHY????Just wondering.It bothered me to vote for it casue t was the title of the cd but...there are much better songs jmo so why top 4???
    I also believe that Analog Man should be in the top four; it IS my fourth favorite, in fact. I like the concept and I think it's catchy. There's something so appealing about the way he sings "I'm gonna find me an analog girl who loves me for what I am." He's going to do his thing no matter what. Plus, it's very relatable to many people who are maxed out on digitization.

You don't have to agree with that opinion, but is it really so incomprehensible that some people like "Analog Man" more than you do? Folks have different tastes.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm not ready to see Family go yet. I would vote off High Roller Baby or The Band Played On to save it

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I'm not ready to see Family go yet. I would vote off High Roller Baby or The Band Played On to save it
    Except remember Hi Roller Baby has already been voted off.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I also believe that Analog Man should be in the top four; it IS my fourth favorite, in fact. I like the concept and I think it's catchy. There's something so appealing about the way he sings "I'm gonna find me an analog girl who loves me for what I am." He's going to do his thing no matter what. Plus, it's very relatable to many people who are maxed out on digitization.

You don't have to agree with that opinion, but is it really so incomprehensible that some people like "Analog Man" more than you do? Folks have different tastes.
    No Nancy....It isnt so incomprehensible that some people like "analog MAn" more than I do ..I was just courious about what people liked or didnt like about that song...cause I feel like I am on the fence with that song for a lot of reasons. I was just intrested in what she was thinking.
    Its a shame that you took it in a negative way cause it was never ment in that way.
    I actually wanted to know what she was thinking about it.
    But..from here on out when I voten ...I will just pick my song and not say my reason or ask others what they are thinking since that seems to be an issue.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    TT, It's just my opinion!! AM isn't the best song, but I think it's a pretty good song, certainly better than Family in my opinion. I like the ideas behind the song. I think it's catchy & expresses a feeling that some of us have toward the digital age of music.
    Thanks TK ....
    I do appreciate your honesty and you taking the time to really read my question.
    I actually agree with you. I dont think its the best song(JMO) I do like the idea and what he is saying too but there are other songs that I like better so I am having trouble with the voting as we get towards the end.
    Again, I appreciate hearing what you though. And I find it funny that I feel the same way about it too. Imagin that lol
    Makes me feel not crazy that I have mixed feelings about that song.

Thanks again TK

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - it looks like I'll just continue to vote the same way. However, this time my vote is really not strategic. Although, I like Analog Man, it is my least favorite of the remaining songs. I love the clever lyrics in the song, but to me, it's not as melodic as the others so ...

I cast my vote for Analog Man.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Results for Round 7: Family - No one had your back

The next song to be eliminated from Analog Man Survivor is Family. “Family”, you’ll end up somewhere, but you are not yet where you belong yet. The tribe has spoken and right now you have to pack again. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
    Family – 6
    Analog Man – 2
    Band Played On – 2

Vote Breakdown
    Family – sodascouts
    Family – Freypower
    Family– Prettymaid
    Family – Topkat
    Family – TimothyBFan
    Family– Brooke
    Analog Man – Tiffanny Twisted
    Analog Man – Ive always been a dreamer
    Band Played On – timfan
    Band Played On – AzEaglesFan

Songs eliminated:
    But I Try 11/15
    Fishbone 11/17
    India 11/19
    Spanish Dancer 11/21
    Hi-Roller Baby 11/25
    Funk 50 11/27
    Family 11/29

Songs remaining:
    Analog Man
    Wrecking Ball
    Lucky That Way
    Band Played On
    One Day at a Time

VOTING FOR ROUND 8 BEGINS NOW!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

The next song I'm going to vote for is Band Played On.

I'm confused about why Joe chose to have a sitar in this song. It doesn't seem to fit the song, IMO. Once again there is a stark difference between the verses and the chorus. I actually like the part starting at " Too many icebergs", and my favorite musical part of the song is "the band played on" bit, but musically I don't like the verses at all.

And I'm not sure what he's trying to say in the song. Can anybody help me with that?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

This probably won't be popular but I vote for Lucky That Way. Just as Funk 50 is a remake of Funk #49 I see this as a remake of Life's Been Good & it doesn't grab me, although I appreciate the sentiments.