Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Sundance Film Festival - DVD Premiere

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: 2013 Sundance Film Festival - DVD Premiere

I once saw Dweezil Zappa play in front of a screen showing his late father playing a guitar solo. At least the Eagles don't have to do that. I think you make a good point - it may be 'honorary members', although Don did use that exact term 'former members'.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Also, perhaps with the use of the plural former 'members', maybe he meant the former 'honorary' members, like JD? Maybe they'll have a former member or two in footage from the past and on a screen as they sing along? I hope not, but plenty of performers do that these days. When we saw Celine Dion in Vegas, she did two songs like that. One with Andrea Botecelli (I probably spelled that wrong) and one with herself (she sang the harmony live, the melody pre-recorded).
    I hope they don't do that screen thing....That would be a big disappointment to me. I mean if the guys are alive, they should be there in person!!!
    I hope that Bernie & Felder will make some guest appearances, but the situation with Felder does not look good. I was hoping to see him at Sundance, but if he was there, I didn't see any pics of him.

I don't think Don meant any "honorary members" I'm actually not too crazy about that idea either.

If they reunite with Felder, Hell would Freeze Over Again, So they can call it, "Hell Freezes Over 2" I personally would love to see it, but it would be kind of awkward with Stu Smith. I mean he's playing Felder's parts these days....
    Who knows....maybe the Eagles have some surprises for us for this tour...I guess we'll have to wait & see. I really can't wait to see what they have planned for this tour!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I hope they don't do that screen thing....That would be a big disappointment to me. I mean if the guys are alive, they should be there in person!!!
    I hope that Bernie & Felder will make some guest appearances, but the situation with Felder does not look good. I was hoping to see him at Sundance, but if he was there, I didn't see any pics of him.

I don't think Don meant any "honorary members" I'm actually not too crazy about that idea either.

If they reunite with Felder, Hell would Freeze Over Again, So they can call it, "Hell Freezes Over 2" I personally would love to see it, but it would be kind of awkward with Stu Smith. I mean he's playing Felder's parts these days....
    Who knows....maybe the Eagles have some surprises for us for this tour...I guess we'll have to wait & see. I really can't wait to see what they have planned for this tour!
    Don Henley has already stated the tour will be called History of the Eagles. In the extremely unlikely event Felder did appear, I don't think they would wish to emphasise it in that way (Hell Freezes Over 2). However if it did happen, presumably Steuart would leave the stage while Felder was there.

I didn't realize they already named the tour. Did Don say that at Sundance or on the Red carpet?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I didn't realize they already named the tour. Did Don say that at Sundance or on the Red carpet?
    He said it during a red carpet interview.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers
    Also, perhaps with the use of the plural former 'members', maybe he meant the former 'honorary' members, like JD? Maybe they'll have a former member or two in footage from the past and on a screen as they sing along? I hope not, but plenty of performers do that these days. When we saw Celine Dion in Vegas, she did two songs like that. One with Andrea Botecelli (I probably spelled that wrong) and one with herself (she sang the harmony live, the melody pre-recorded).
    Calling Souther a 'former member' would be a real stretch. I'd be surprised if that was what he meant. If it's the video scenario, I think a lot of fans might feel let down. I know I would.
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I'm not saying they won't use video that way, it would a cool way of connecting then and now, but I don't really think it's what Don meant when he said 'former members'. I can't believe they'd really use old video as a 'stand-in' and especially not say they are involving former members when doing that. With other acts, it would be a strong possibility, but I really can't see our guys doing that.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Don Henley has already stated the tour will be called History of the Eagles. In the extremely unlikely event Felder did appear, I don't think they would wish to emphasise it in that way (Hell Freezes Over 2). However if it did happen, presumably Steuart would leave the stage while Felder was there.
    well JMO i dont think that that would be fair to Steuart....he is an excellent guitar player and a genteman to boot.....not taking anything away from df ...

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

From this interview, chances of Felder making an appearance are slim:

During the documentary's post-premiere Q&A, Henley and Frey were asked if they have any current contact with former members of the band -- who were all interviewed in the film. Their responses were telling.

Frey mentioned how he liked Meisner and Leadon, but pointedly didn't mention Felder. Henley said he keeps up with Leadon, has no contact with Meisner and would only refer to Felder as "the other guy."

http://www.heraldextra.com/entertain...37accab7b.html
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    well JMO i dont think that that would be fair to Steuart....he is an excellent guitar player and a genteman to boot.....not taking anything away from df ...
    I agree with you, but the reality is if Felder did show up, people would expect to see Felder play his old parts. However, as GTLO says, I think the possibility is extremely remote.

I enjoyed finally being able to watch the press conference, but Tim fans be warned. He speaks ONCE. From my personal viewpoint, it was fun to look at, as you will very quickly understand.
    Last edited by Freypower; 01-24-2013 at 09:43 PM.