Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Sundance Film Festival - DVD Premiere

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: 2013 Sundance Film Festival - DVD Premier

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    I didn't know about all this. I didn't read much of the press at the time. I also thought the partnership was more equal, Don makes it sounds like Glenn is bossing him around. It surprises me Glenn would do that, he must know how valuable Don is and he's always complimenting him.

Don was just being honest about his feelings so you have to respect that. Maybe he just wanted people to know who were criticizing the choice to make it a double album that it wasn't his fault. I don't agree with him but I can understand why he would want to distance himself from a choice he didn't make if he was embarrassed by that choice.

We don't know what Don would have kept either so maybe he would have dropped some of his own songs, although they are all so wonderful I don't know what he would have dropped.

There's such a thing as being too honest though. What he said about Tim and Joe makes them look pretty bad, some things are better left unsaid at least to the press.
    Glenn 'bosses Don around' because Glenn is the band leader. Glenn has deferred to Don's wishes on numerous occasions. Look at Hell Freezes Over & the band's current setlist.

And yes, Glenn does know what Don's worth is. It is a shame that Don never feels the need to show similar appreciation of Glenn.

I cannot agree that Don's songs on LROOE are all 'so wonderful'. In my opinion Fast Company could have been dropped, as could Centre Of The Universe, although I do like that. There are a few people here who I don't believe would have shed many tears if the album did not contain Frail Grasp On The Big Picture (again, I like the song a lot).

As others have said, no matter what Don's private feelings were, once the album was released he should have attempted to show solidarity & help put up a united front. The 'it wasn't my fault!' approach is in my view extremely disrespectfull to his bandmates.

Still it should be remembered that after this particular interview the subject didn't really come up again. Until now, that is.

Default Re: 2013 Sundance Film Festival - DVD Premiere

Thanks to journalist Steve Wiseman for pointlessly reopening old wounds in a piece that's supposed to be about the DVD by quoting Souther's criticism.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I never knew about any of this, but hearing it doesn't bode well for ever getting another album from them does it?...and it gives me a gut ache and makes my heart hurt to hear any of them criticizing each other
    Last edited by zeldabjr; 12-11-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: adding to

Border Rebel

On the brigher side, Henley also said they had 4 or 5 additional songs that were in various stages of completion that didn't make it to the cds (not done in time and they couldn't afford to hold it up any longer). I wonder what happened to those?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It is a shame that Don never feels the need to show similar appreciation of Glenn.
    Still it should be remembered that after this particular interview the subject didn't really come up again. Until now, that is.
    "Never" may be a bit strong. I recall the interview in Taiwan where Don made a point of saying that Glenn co-wrote the lyrics to Hotel California - correcting the assumption made by the interviewer that he had done it all himself. There may be other examples.

I think some of Don's comments in that interview were a mistake (perhaps driven by a fear of fans thinking they were being self-indulgent putting out a double album?), but that was 5 years ago and he seems to be making an effort to present the "united band" thing now (as per the example above, and also the great interview they did in Beijing).

I'm really looking forward to the DVD coming out. Some parts may not be pretty viewing, but I love this band "warts and all".
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Regardless of newspeople stirring up old debates with inflammatory statements.. I am sure looking forward to this DVD and hope we get more details soon on a release date and whether it'll be in theatres or go right to DVD!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    "Never" may be a bit strong. I recall the interview in Taiwan where Don made a point of saying that Glenn co-wrote the lyrics to Hotel California - correcting the assumption made by the interviewer that he had done it all himself. There may be other examples.

I think some of Don's comments in that interview were a mistake (perhaps driven by a fear of fans thinking they were being self-indulgent putting out a double album?), but that was 5 years ago and he seems to be making an effort to present the "united band" thing now (as per the example above, and also the great interview they did in Beijing).

I'm really looking forward to the DVD coming out. Some parts may not be pretty viewing, but I love this band "warts and all".
    During the 60 Minutes interview that the guys did a number of years ago, Don said that he believes that LROOE stands up to any of their previous work, so he has changed his tune somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post

I love what you say EK...I love this band warts and all!...so true!!!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Two things...

I've said before, I'll say it again, just because you read something in an 'interview' doesn't mean you're getting it all or getting it in context of how our guys, or JD, may have meant something.

Don did a few interviews this past spring in South Africa and Dubai where he said good things about Glenn. The links are on this board somewhere because I remember posting them.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

http://womc.cbslocal.com/2012/12/04/...t-at-sundance/

Looks like this is dated 12/4 so it is probably one of the interviews already posted. But I thought it was interesting that Don F stated that he does have any hard feelings toward the other guys. (Hope I got that right)