Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Sundance Film Festival - DVD Premiere

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: 2013 Sundance Film Festival - DVD Premiere

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

VK

VK

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

MMMMMM Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm drooling right now from all of that hotness!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing VA!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Border Desperado

My favorite actor and my favorite band together in a picture. I love it!!

A good interview with The Sun, Don, and Timothy.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...t-in-1980.html

ETA: Some interesting quotes.

This from Don:
    We’re going to redesign and revamp the whole show. We’ll use some of the album cuts that weren’t hit singles.
    Q&A:
    Is it right that Bernie Leadon (guitarist and founding member) will play with you?

Henley: It’s under consideration. Glenn and Bernie have talked. We can’t say 100 per cent at this point but we would like it to happen.
    VK

This photo stream from Zimbio includes a lot of pics from our guys at Sundance London, followed by a lot of pics of Don and Randy at the Rock HOF induction, then pictures of our guys at Salt Lake.

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Don+Hen...on/gUiSl8BMkb8
    VK

I adore that interview you posted, VA!

Some quotes that especially interested me:
    DON: I was like Timothy, I was devastated when we broke up. But the 14-year hiatus (that followed) was an absolutely essential thing. It gave us a chance to grow up, to have families, to get away from one another, to make solo albums and get things out of our systems.

<snip>

TIM: When everybody was ready to try it out (in 1994), it was at the right time but I don’t think it could have happened any sooner. The break had to happen and it’s why we’re still sitting here now doing this.
    So for those who resent the split or get angry at Glenn for disbanding the Eagles, remember that the guys themselves now ALL view it as part of the reason why they're still together today.

This also made me chuckle:
    DON: People love a group. They love seeing people work together and choosing their favorite. It’s like The Beatles. We all had our favorite Beatle.
    I know for me that as much as I love these guys solo, I do prefer them as a group. Same for my other fave, Fleetwood Mac.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    So for those who resent the split or get angry at Glenn for disbanding the Eagles, remember that the guys themselves now ALL view it as part of the reason why they're still together today.
    As I mentioned to some of you, I was so angry at Glenn back in 1982 to know that he'd walked away, and even angrier to hear that no one had bothered to let the fans know for years. The ex had bought me No Fun Aloud on vinyl and I refused to take the shrink wrap off it until Glenn showed up in Miami Vice and then all was forgiven. I learned they broke up at a major transition time in my own life and there was a lot more change than a nineteen year old should undertake all at once. A move to VA, a new and stressful job at IBM, getting married, the culture shock of going from living on a farm to the suburbs. Leaving old friends behind and making new friends. My iconic Steelers went from winning four Super Bowls to being horrendous. My one and only favorite band, whose music I'd relied on to say all the words I could never say myself, was no more. 1982 had more changes for me than any year of my life, by far.

Looking back, of course, I can see the immaturity of my teenage self, and while I opened No Fun Aloud and purchased The Allnighter, even though the ex and I went to concerts frequently, and always in the first few rows, I never attempted to go see Glenn in concert. With the maturity and wisdom of more years than I wish to discuss, I have to say that now, I'm way over it. Expecting him or any of them to keep themselves in an intolerable situation purely to make music that would make my life a little nicer is exactly the thoughts of a twenty year old. I should never expect more from anyone than what I'd do myself and I can tell you I would have hit the happy trail long before Glenn finally did.
    VK

To paraphrase Joe, what seems senseless at the time can later seem to be an essential part of the grand narrative of one's life.

And thanks for all those photos, VA!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten