Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NYU Gala Nov15, 2012

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: NYU Gala Nov15, 2012

I never thought of it as 'yet another song sung by Glenn removed'. I guess because the reality is the others (except for Timothy) had their songs removed as well. Glenn sang 4, Don sang 4, Joe sang 2, and Timothy 1. Doing it up like a scorecard doesn't seem right.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

But all the emphasis has been on Take It Easy.

It was good to read about Glenn's involvement with the students, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    But all the emphasis has been on Take It Easy.

It was good to read about Glenn's involvement with the students, though.
    Not really by me. Some other people on here seemed pretty upset about it as well. I'm sure that it is not a permanent removal from the set list, but just for the shorter show. They can't do everything in 1 hour, it's just not possible.

Also, like I said it could have been planned for an encore & then it just didn't happen. They had these buses outside waiting to take people to some after party, so maybe that is the reason they didn't do the encore...Who knows??

Stuck on the Border

Given that they always play Desperado last (something with which I completely disagree), if TIE had been included it would have been before Desperado.So it appears it was deliberately dropped.

Perhaps it should be said that doing TITTL & Desperado at the end of the show with an orchestra is what Glenn has been doing, excpet that Glenn then did On The Way Home & TIE. But as I said, the Eagles don't do TIE last.

Who knows why but I don't think the fact that they dropped TIE from a VERY abbreviated show should lead us to belive that they are dropping it permanently. The fact is they were likely told they had an hour and ONLY an hour so had to severely cut the songs.. Now if I had been putting together the set list I would have switched How Long for TIE.. Start with TIE end with Desperado.

Default Re: NYU Gala Nov15th

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Hey, that's Joe's line! And when Joe says it, it's funny. I think he usually says it before RMW, but he may have used it for other songs as well. The point is, it's a joke! Joe knows that he's always going to do RMW, and Glenn knows that he (Eagles) will always have to do TIE. This was a special, shortened show, and a chance for them to not do it for once. As upset as I would have been if I went and didn't hear it, I don't think we should panic. I'm sure it was an exception.
    Yeah, Glenn credits Joe for that line ("As my friend Joe says..."). I've heard Joe say it as well and IIRC he's making a joke about not being able to hit the notes for ITC usually - like he wouldn't have written such high notes. Glenn's wasn't in that context.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I feel that far too much has been made of this. I wanted to read about the performance & all I have read is that they didn't play TIE.
    I hope all this concern is unwarranted, but it exists nonetheless because no matter how you slice it, it's an odd choice to cut that song.

I also think it is very valid to note and discuss such a thing, and I will continue to do so. Sorry if that displeases anyone.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

OK---just a few thoughts.
    1) thanks Tk for taking the time to post a review for what sounded like it was a very unique and one of a kind concert expierence.
    Glad you went and greatful you posted.

2)VA...thanks for the pictures and the terrific articles about Glenn and NYU and the student.So cool to find that he feels like he is fufilling a need (something that wasnt available to him in his day) JMO. He has a god given talent and he is sharing it . YOu are susposta share your gifts from god with others. (Again JMO)

3)JAHH and I had seen the eagles twice in one week . we saw them in philly and they did two encores., When we saw them two days later in AC...we only got one encore and we always thought it was because someone threw a hugh buch of flowers on to the stage right at TBS and he had to duck to avoid getting hit. Maybe something happen that the audience wasnt aware of that made them have a last minute change.

4) I think you always will have someone dissapointed . as tk said...she knew it was an hour and a special kinda thing and it took her no travel time to get there so it was a no brainer to go. I think she witnessed history.

5) and lets face it..lol no matter how long they play for , for us die hard eagle fans, the time they get to play is never long enough

again...all of the above is jmo

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

If I read it right (never a given) or there was no typo in the story, it seems as though Don did two shows last night (see the Don in the Press thread). So it could be that if things were running tight and TIE was the last song before the orchestra came on, it was a game-time decision, so to speak, to drop it. Maybe.

The other things not discussed from the article are that there are firm plans for the Eagles to record together or do a full tour, but all of that may be in the works. The discussion Glenn said would take place in Sept. now is slated for the 'next few days'. I'm wondering if it's possible, since this was to be a 'solo year' if plans for the tour are being held up by wanting to give Don time to release his album and tour a bit for it? Does that make sense to others?

I did like what I read about Glenn saying that working with the students has energized him and "It'll be interesting to see where my next batch of songs comes from." I love the idea of AH2, but new material would be better (he can always do both... )
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

I vote for both or all of hte above

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    If I read it right (never a given) or there was no typo in the story, it seems as though Don did two shows last night (see the Don in the Press thread). So it could be that if things were running tight and TIE was the last song before the orchestra came on, it was a game-time decision, so to speak, to drop it. Maybe.

The other things not discussed from the article are that there are firm plans for the Eagles to record together or do a full tour, but all of that may be in the works. The discussion Glenn said would take place in Sept. now is slated for the 'next few days'. I'm wondering if it's possible, since this was to be a 'solo year' if plans for the tour are being held up by wanting to give Don time to release his album and tour a bit for it? Does that make sense to others?

I did like what I read about Glenn saying that working with the students has energized him and "It'll be interesting to see where my next batch of songs comes from." I love the idea of AH2, but new material would be better (he can always do both... )
    Agreed.