Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NYU Gala Nov15, 2012

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: NYU Gala Nov15th

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, Glenn credits Joe for that line ("As my friend Joe says..."). I've heard Joe say it as well and he's making a joke about not being able to hit the notes for ITC usually - like he wouldn't have written such high notes. Glenn's wasn't in that context.

I hope all this concern is unwarranted, but it exists nonetheless because no matter how you slice it, it's an odd choice to cut that song.

I also think it is very valid to note and discuss such a thing, and I will continue to do so. Sorry if that displeases anyone.
    It is valid to note it but this was not a proper show & to turn it into a 'please don't drop TIE' fest seemed to me a disproportionate reaction. And I may be a cynic, but as I already said, when songs are dropped, Glenn seems to want to drop HIS songs rather than anyone else's. Why not The Long Run or Walk Away? Why not, indeed. Glenn doesn't sing those songs.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, Glenn credits Joe for that line ("As my friend Joe says..."). I've heard Joe say it as well and he's making a joke about not being able to hit the notes for ITC usually - like he wouldn't have written such high notes. Glenn's wasn't in that context.
    Not to beat a dead horse and take this thread even further off topic, but I wanted to show the context in which Joe used that line. It's at the very beginning.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcveyL_7xn8[/ame]
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Default Re: NYU Gala Nov15, 2012

If it was a time thing & a song had to be dropped, the song shouldn't have been TIE. If they didn't perform, How Long, or The Long Run, nobody would have even noticed it or blinked!! Dropping TIE is still a big NO, NO, & we want Glenn to know that we missed that song & it is an ICONIC SONG, that should not be the one to be dropped.

Anyway, my new boots were great & really comfy & they looked good too!!
    So I can thank the Eagles for my new boots!!!

Here's another article on the show at the Beacon Theater

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...rey-by-barron/

For me HC and TIE are two songs that are not droppable IMO... I would be livid if I went to a show and not heard them... I was somewhat upset when I saw them in 2008 and didn't hear Already Gone. I cannot imagine how disappointed and agitated I would have been not to hear HC, and even TIE for that matter. Those are the two Eagles classics, of their respective eras. You don't mess with those. Dropping songs like AG is bad enough.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

First of all, thanks for the review, TK. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and you are very lucky to have been able to see a special show like this. And I'm definitely with those of you about TIE (and Hotel California) should never be dropped from an Eagles show under any circumstance. I get the feeling that Glenn is half joking when he uses Joe's joke about being tired of playing the song. And even if he isn't he just needs to suck it up. It is a MUST HAVE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It is valid to note it but this was not a proper show & to turn it into a 'please don't drop TIE' fest seemed to me a disproportionate reaction. And I may be a cynic, but as I already said, when songs are dropped, Glenn seems to want to drop HIS songs rather than anyone else's. Why not The Long Run or Walk Away? Why not, indeed. Glenn doesn't sing those songs.
    Well FP - Whatever your feelings are, your first post in particular seemed to be very condescending and judgmental. You are entitled to your feelings, but so is everyone else here. If folks want to express their opinions about this, they have every right to do so. What seems disproportionate to me here is the number of times you reprimand others if they say something that displeases you. Whether you intend it or not, it gets a bit tiresome, IMHO.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I posted a few videos on my FB page. They are not my videos, but the girl sitting next to me. They are not on YouTube, as far as I know. The video is not so great because the camera police were out there, but the sound is pretty good.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

One other thing I meant to mention is that it looks like Will was with the band in NY after being MIA for Glenn's recent solo gigs. The pictures are a little small, but it looks like Will in them to me. Can you confirm this, TK?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    One other thing I meant to mention is that it looks like Will was with the band in NY after being MIA for Glenn's recent solo gigs. The pictures are a little small, but it looks like Will in them to me. Can you confirm this, TK?
    I looks like Will to me too. Hope so!

I'd lay odds on that being Will #1 as well.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten