Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NYU Gala Nov15, 2012

Default Re: NYU Gala Nov15, 2012

Yes, I didn't get that great view of him, but I'm pretty sure it was Will!!!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: NYU Gala Nov15th

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well FP - Whatever your feelings are, your first post in particular seemed to be very condescending and judgmental. You are entitled to your feelings, but so is everyone else here. If folks want to express their opinions about this, they have every right to do so. What seems disproportionate to me here is the number of times you reprimand others if they say something that displeases you. Whether you intend it or not, it gets a bit tiresome, IMHO.
    I did not mean to sound condescending or judgmental. I simply thought that all the 'please don't drop TIE' posts were an overreaction to the band dropping it presumably as a one-off in what was not even a full length show. It was me who used to be upset about this sort of thing but I'm afraid that this time I wasn't surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I looks like Will to me too. Hope so!
    That's my darling Will for certain. Glad to see him back where he belongs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post
    That's my darling Will for certain. Glad to see him back where he belongs!!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: NYU Gala Nov15th

Glad to see Will was there!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I did not mean to sound condescending or judgmental. I simply thought that all the 'please don't drop TIE' posts were an overreaction to the band dropping it presumably as a one-off in what was not even a full length show. It was me who used to be upset about this sort of thing but I'm afraid that this time I wasn't surprised.
    Julie - I don't think you were intentionally being condescending or judgmental, but the tone of your post sure came across that way. This criticism is not intended to be mean-spirited, but rather contructive to just make you aware of how these kind of posts can be perceived by others. None of us is perfect, and it's useful for all of us to think about how we communicate on the board. It's hard to convey the proper message sometimes without the benefit of body language.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I still think TIE should not have been dropped, even if it was a short show...
    They could have easily dropped something else, like The Long Run, WW or How Long. Any of those being dropped would be ok for me.
    No matter how short the show is, TIE should be included.
    In fact, I wouldn't even mind if they dropped Desperado..
    When I hear that first note, I know it's ending, & I immediately get depressed!
    End the show with Take It Easy....SHOCK US !

Seriously. TIE is one of the two songs that people expect. Anything else would have been a preferable drop, with the exception of Hotel California.

ETA: they could have dropped the JAMES GANG song! "So, we only have an hour. Shall we play our iconic Top-20 hit or shall we play a minor hit by our guitarist's old band?" Geez Louise!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Walk Away, which since they've been performing it as a band since the mid-70's, I'm not sure it can be considered 'solo'.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Yeah, I went back and edited my post accordingly; it's not solo, it's James Gang.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when they discussed what songs to do for a one hour show!...