Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: NYU Gala Nov15, 2012

Default Re: NYU Gala Nov15, 2012

Yeah, how dare they not ask us!

I agree with FP. We can discuss it all we want, but I don't think they would drop it in a 'regular' show.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

WOW--- I was missing from here all weekend and have to admit, on Friday when I read TK's review and saw no TIE I thought WOW, what a weird song to drop but then I thought, well it is only 1 hour & it will be back in a full or even in Vegas Saturday (haven't looked to see if we have a setlist from Vegas in that thread yet). Gotta admit, I'm kind of amazed by the 5 or 6 pages of discussion here about it. I tend to agree with PM, FP & TF that tho very strange that they would drop one of the 2 songs everyone expects to hear when you see the Eagles, it's probably not permanent and we shouldn't worry too much about it. JMO!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Seriously. TIE is one of the two songs that people expect. Anything else would have been a preferable drop, with the exception of Hotel California.

ETA: they could have dropped the JAMES GANG song! "So, we only have an hour. Shall we play our iconic Top-20 hit or shall we play a minor hit by our guitarist's old band?" Geez Louise!
    Amen, sista!

ETA: I think I'm the one that started the whole sorry discussion and I'm sorry it took over this thread, but I just couldn't ignore it. Take It Easy should never be left out of their show, no matter how short it is! If they only play two songs, it should be one of them! Good grief, guys! Rant over!

And Tk, I'm glad you enjoyed the show even so!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Yes, I'm not really worried about them dropping TIE from the setlist for a regular concert (although we tend to dream the things we fear and I dreamed they did exactly that the other night). I totally get that this was a special one-hour show, and I get that they had to have TITTL and Desperado with the orchestra. I still don't get why they dropped this song. All of them except Timothy had songs dropped, and even if they were looking to keep it 'even', it bothers me that this song was one that elected to be dropped. I'm hoping it was on the setlist and scheduled to be before the orchestra came on, they were running behind, and had to drop it at the very last minute. I don't have a warm fuzzy that's the case. Like others have said and I totally agree, if they ever get to the point where they do a 'show' and can only do two songs, this needs to be one of them.

It's their first single off their first album. Glenn has talked so much about really learning how to write songs while living with Jackson, and this song is a product of that. While they have said they didn't decide to reunite due to the Travis Tritt video, the video got them back into people's hearts and minds as a group that could get back together, and that had Irv putting the pressure on even more, and as we all know, TIE was the song in the video.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Amen, sista!

ETA: I think I'm the one that started the whole sorry discussion and I'm sorry it took over this thread, but I just couldn't ignore it. Take It Easy should never be left out of their show, no matter how short it is! If they only play two songs, it should be one of them! Good grief, guys! Rant over!

And Tk, I'm glad you enjoyed the show even so!
    Couldn't agree with you more. And the fact that the discussion took over this thread only extenuates how passionately many of us feel about this.

And VA - you make an excellent point about the Travis Tritt video.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Exactly. No other song omission would have taken over a thread, except for HC. There's just something very wrong about cutting TIE.

I still say cut the James Gang song, but if they had to keep Glenn's number down, Lyin Eyes would have saved twice the time.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I hadn't thought about the TT video! Excellent point VA!

I would agree with cutting the James Gang song, too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

As I posted on the thread for Eagles in Las Vegas, Nov 15, this sites states that they played TIE http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagles...-6bdaf6d6.html. No idea if this site is reliable. Hope so!

That looks like the Atlantic City set list, even though I don't have it in front of me, I'm pretty sure that was it.

If the Eagles Play 2 songs, as they did at the R&R HOF induction, it better be TIE & HC. Those are the 2 songs that made them icons & they better not forget it!!! No dropping TIE; you can drop anything else you like boys but not these 2 songs! Get it , Got it, Good!

Stuck on the Border

My choice for 'if they HAVE to drop a song' is The Long Run, a sentiment in which as far as I know I am alone.

Thanks to those who at least saw my point that this was a one-off, not a regular show, but that is where I am leaving it.