Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What song(s) absolutely should NOT be cut from setlist

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: What song(s) absolutely should NOT be cut from setlist

I'm listening to a bootleg recording of the Houston 11/76 concert and I sure wish they would do the 11 minute version of Witchy Woman. I love the long guitar intro!! I could listen to it all day long! So great!!!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I just remembered another similar topic we had going awhile back about our DREAM SETLISTS. Here's a link for some of the new members that want to give theirs also.
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...dream+set+list

Interesting that this topic and that one were both started by me. I must have something about setlists.

And I wanted to find my dream setlist to see how close I am to what I put here as what I think needs to be changed for this tour earlier this morning. This one is from 2009 and apparently I thought differently than I do now about solo stuff and Desperado.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan
    Setlist
    1.) Love Will Keep Us Alive
    2.) I Can't Tell You Why
    3.)Best Of My Love
    4.)King Of Hollywood
    5.) Hotel California
    6.) Heart Of The Matter
    7.) Witchy Woman
    8.) Get Over It
    9.) Already Gone
    10.)Funk #49
    11.) Life's Been Good
    12.) Every Song Is You
    13.) Take It To The Limit
    14.) Waiting In The Weeds
    15.) How Long
    16.) Take It Easy
    17.) Seven Bridges Road
    18.) Boys Of Summer
    19.) One Of The Nights
    20.) Lyin' Eyes
    21.) New Kid In Town
    22.) The Long Run
    23.) Peaceful Easy Feeling
    24.) Dirty Laundry
    25.) Heartache Tonight
    26.) Hole In The World

Alternate Encore
    1.) Smuggler's Blues
    2.) All She Wants To Do Is Dance

Encore
    1.) Life In The Fast Lane
    2.) Desperado
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Dirty Laundry & All She Wants to Do is Dance can both GO as far as I'm concerned, I would love Don to do Heart of the Matter & New York Minute instead of those 2 songs!

Rocky Mountain Way needs to STAY! That should NEVER be dropped from the set list!

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I'm listening to a bootleg recording of the Houston 11/76 concert and I sure wish they would do the 11 minute version of Witchy Woman. I love the long guitar intro!! I could listen to it all day long! So great!!!
    would love that dvd want as many eagles concert dvds as I can get any help to where I could get it would be greatly appreciated

I hope they don't stick to a 'hard' chronological set list, and I really doubt that they will. I think it's much more important for them to set the correct tone throughout the show, with slow songs and rockers where they should be. I'm sure they will do that.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TakeMeToTheLimit View Post
    would love that dvd want as many eagles concert dvds as I can get any help to where I could get it would be greatly appreciated
    TMTTL - I'm sorry, I have had both the cd & dvd so long that honestly I cannot remember where I got them. I know it has been over 10 years ago that I purchased them, but most likely it was Ebay. I will keep a look out for them. Sorry I haven't been much help.

I started to write a list and, honestly, I just can't do it! I am completely torn between the songs I would love to hear in my own fantasy land (eg: some of the deeper cuts, like Hollywood Waltz, Wasted Time, The Sad Cafe and After the Thrill is Gone) and the songs that we all know they have to play. It will be hard for them to narrow it down and play some different stuff, whilst keeping in all of the songs that people expect to hear. For this reason, I reckon they might just cut out all of the solo stuff. Surely a History of the Eagles tour should just include band songs? I have a feeling they will put in some of the 'pivotal' songs in the band's history... such as Get Over It. It's not my favourite song and it wouldn't be in my personal setlist, but I can see them throwing it in there because it was the first song that Don and Glenn wrote together after all those years. At least they could rock out with that one.

The chronological idea is an interesting one. I like it as a concept but, as PM said, I wonder whether they could keep the show balanced enough between the different vocalists and the slow/uptempo tracks... Plus, what would they end with? I would be surprised if it was entirely chronological all the way through. Still, I am open to surprises! I'm just excited that this is even happening and that we are (presumably) going to hear and see songs performed that haven't been performed for a long time.
    Last edited by Troubadour; 06-12-2013 at 03:47 PM.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Very well said, Troub! I haven't had time to contemplate my list yet but I see where you're coming from.

I also think they should do away with the solo songs because it is the History of the Eagles tour. We can see them do their solo songs on their own tours. I know this brings up the Joe problem, but since they have performed Life's Been Good and Rocky Mountain Way since Joe joined (and even before he was an Eagle) then I would allow those two.

More later!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I'm actually open to anything since I've yet to see them. I can definitely relate to fans who have seen them multiple times who would rather not hear the same ol' songs. I think if they played After The Thrill Is Gone I'd be in high heaven. I'd also love to see Don sing Heart of the Matter.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    TMTTL - I'm sorry, I have had both the cd & dvd so long that honestly I cannot remember where I got them. I know it has been over 10 years ago that I purchased them, but most likely it was Ebay. I will keep a look out for them. Sorry I haven't been much help.
    That's fine no problem no apology necessary