Thread: Two lead vocals?

Default Two lead vocals?

This is just something I was thinking about as I was listening to the Eagles today. I know the songs Good Day in Hell and King of Hollywood are credited as having both Glenn and Don sing lead on them, but I when I listen to them, it sounds to me like Don sings lead on KOH with Glenn providing harmony throughout, and Glenn sings lead on GDIH with Don providing harmony throughout. Anyone else get that impression from those songs?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

They both sing lead on both songs because they both sing the entire lyric, except for the 'after a while' verse in KOH which Don sings alone. If the second vocal was only a harmony it would not match the other vocal word for word. It is true though that GDIH is more 'Glenn' and KOH is more 'Don'.

I agree that KOH is more Don and GDIH is more Glenn.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

I think that in KOH with Henley and Frey at Vocal, there are Timothy and Don. Joe Doesn't sing in KOH
    Remember when the days were long ...

MARCO

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree with FP here about why Don and Glenn are both considered lead singers on GDIH and KOH. Of course, the other scenerio where they are considered co-leads is where they share solo vocals as in Doolin' Dalton, Ol' 55, and After the Thrill is Gone just to mention a few.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Marcox
    I think that in KOH with Henley and Frey at Vocal, there are Timothy and Don. Joe Don't sing in KOH
    Tim sings on the harmony 'ah-ah' part at the end of the song. As for Felder, I have no idea if he sings harmony here or not. If you can hear him, I'd appreciate you pointing out exactly where he is. In fact, I have no idea which of the original recordings he actually does sing harmony on.