Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 121212 Concert for Sandy Relief

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: 121212 Concert for Sandy Relief

I saw those photos as well.

Henley used to do things like this all the time. The Eagles don't seem to have any interest in them. I suppose I will sound cynical but to me the same old acts turn up ad nauseam. Worthy cause yes, but it has become so predictable for these shows to take place. Perhaps the Eagles don't want to be predictable.

Brooke, that's not what I was referring to, but Yes, Joe posted the pics, so it's no secret about him being there...

I don't recall Henley ever doing a benefit like this, only for his interest: Walden Woods, which by the way, on the ticket said that $2.00 from each ticket was going to Walden Woods, & oh Yes, they INCREASED the price of the tickets by $2.00, so he wasn't exactly losing any money...

The Eagles have not done the big benefit shows, where the artists work for free & all money is donated to a worthy charity. Kind of upset me that when 911 happened & they were arranging a benefit for the first responders & their families, that all the British bands rushed over to NYC to perform...Most of them were in England, but The Eagles, who are supposed to be one of the greatest American Bands, did not.. I was a bit POed about that.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Brooke, that's not what I was referring to, but Yes, Joe posted the pics, so it's no secret about him being there...

I don't recall Henley ever doing a benefit like this, only for his interest: Walden Woods, which by the way, on the ticket said that $2.00 from each ticket was going to Walden Woods, & oh Yes, they INCREASED the price of the tickets by $2.00, so he wasn't exactly losing any money...

The Eagles have not done the big benefit shows, where the artists work for free & all money is donated to a worthy charity. Kind of upset me that when 911 happened & they were arranging a benefit for the first responders & their families, that all the British bands rushed over to NYC to perform...Most of them were in England, but The Eagles, who are supposed to be one of the greatest American Bands, did not.. I was a bit POed about that.
    During Henley's solo career he did these things ALLL the time. He didn't just do them for Walden Woods. I used to see articles & photos of him with Springsteen, Sting, etc etc. I cannot quote you chapter & verse of each benefit he did but I assure you he did them.

You seem to be expressing disappointment about the British acts. Do you think only Americans should have been involved?

I don't know why the Eagles don't do these things but they are not & never have been that type of band, who just turns up at these all star things just because they feel they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I saw those photos as well.

Henley used to do things like this all the time. The Eagles don't seem to have any interest in them. I suppose I will sound cynical but to me the same old acts turn up ad nauseam. Worthy cause yes, but it has become so predictable for these shows to take place. Perhaps the Eagles don't want to be predictable.
    Wow, FP That's pretty harsh comments about Top bands that donate their time to play for FREE... These bands are the best of the best as far as I'm concerned, & to say that it's "predictable" ??? Well, these are the bands that people will pay the big money to see & it is EXTREMELY generous of them to do it!!! The Who sold out 5 stadium shows in NY, so they certainly have the fans...So do the STONES...To say the Eagles don't want to be "predictable"? Well, I'm thinking more like that they aren't very giving of their time or money!! Just my opinion!

Stuck on the Border

Yes, they are generous, but I'm afraid I don't see why the Eagles should play these shows just because everybody else does it. We don't know what they do in private as far as making donations. I always go back to Glenn's statement 'God likes quiet givers'.

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Part of the reason certain bands could appear was because they just finished tours. Springsteen lives nearby and just finished. The Who wrapped up their tour leg in Connecticut Sunday night. The Stones were in between NY gigs.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    TBF, Sorry, that slipped out. I can't post anything about it on a public board..so as not to get anyone in trouble. I don't think Joe was shown on tv.

OKkkkkkk? I'm confused about what you're getting at.

As for Joe performing --- I have a general question about any of the acts that show up for these things--- are there contracts involved? Something that might say they can or can't do benefits, etc...? I really don't have a clue how these things work.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

ok i get it. The stones, the who were here cause of concerts commitments etc.
    Bruce and Bon Jovi are "local boys" so I get them coming.
    I am proud that eric clapton came and the song choices he made, They were spot on.

IF they couldnt perform for conttractiual reasons how about answering the phones for donators.???

I dont know if you couldnt be there to perform...how a bout a big $$$ donation??
    JMO

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post

I dont know if you couldnt be there to perform...how a bout a big $$$ donation??
    JMO

We need to be fair, we have NO IDEA if or how much they may or may not have given.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I recall all of the members of the Eagles doing benevolent things individually as well as together. It doesn't matter who does charity concerts and who doesn't. I'm sure there were plenty of celebrities and musicians who worked behind the scenes and didn't receive any back patting. And they probably didn't want it.