Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Those Shoes - Stevie?

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

All I can say is WOW!!!! I have been an Eagles fan for decades now and have always loved Fleetwood Mac and Stevie also (have all the albums -but never read the liner notes I guess)-How in the world did I miss all this?!? I have so many questions and don't know where to start.
    1) When did Stevie and Joe have this relationship and for how long?
    2) Now that my curiosity is peeked -are there any biographies about Stevie that would be good to read? I love rock and roll biographies and have collected several about many artist but nothing on Fleetwood Mac or Stevie.
    3) Do any of you feel the same way I do now after reading this -wouldn't you just love to see them get back together and live happily ever after (sorry to Joes current wife who I am sure is wonderful).
    4) How many more of these kind of stories are there out there (or even on this board) that I have missed?

Enlighten me some more anyone
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan
    It lasted about three years, from 1983-1986. They met when Joe opened for Stevie on her Wild Heart tour.

2) Now that my curiosity is peeked -are there any biographies about Stevie that would be good to read? I love rock and roll biographies and have collected several about many artist but nothing on Fleetwood Mac or Stevie.
    There are no good Stevie bios, IMHO. There have been several books on Fleetwood Mac, including an old authorized biography from the 70s. Mick Fleetwood also wrote an autobiography.

3) Do any of you feel the same way I do now after reading this -wouldn't you just love to see them get back together and live happily ever after (sorry to Joes current wife who I am sure is wonderful).
    Stevie got her facts off when she said Joe was happily married. He is divorced from his third wife and is currently dating Marjorie Bach, most famous for being Ringo Starr's sister-in-law.

In romance-dreamworld, I would want Stevie to get back with Lindsey Buckingham and live happily ever after - but he's married so that's off. S&L's romance is far more epic - they met in high school and still write songs about each other to this day. She has called Lindsey her "Great Love" before, but when she's mad at him, suddenly it's Joe. lol I'm not trying to diminish what she had with Joe - he was right up there with Lindsey.

I'm afraid Don never made her "Great Love" list, but they remain close to this day, unlike Stevie and Joe. For all her gushing about Joe, they do not interact much and obviously, she doesn't really keep track of what's going on in his life (hence the gaffe about him being happily married).

4) How many more of these kind of stories are there out there (or even on this board) that I have missed?
    That's impossible to answer - guess you'll have to do some more reading!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I'm afraid Don never made her "Great Love" list, but they remain close to this day.
    Stevie needs some help making out her lists.
    I can tell you one thing--Don would definitely be at the top of MINE.

Agreed, DF!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Totaly agreed DF!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Out on the Border

Hi everyone. I usually lurk here, but felt compelled to sign up and jump in. I'm a huge Stevie fan and got into the Eagles when I heard "Leather and Lace." I am still fairly new to them and their music. Anyway while Don and Stevie did date, she never talked about him the way she did Joe and Lindsey Buckingham. I think her relationship with Don is kinda similar to her relationship with Tom Petty. They have great chemistry on stage;she absolutely loves and adores them and considers them very great and close friends. However, it doesn't go beyond that. So I don't think Don's wife has anything to worry about. However, judging from Stevie's interviews she still carries a torch for Joe.

Oh and about "Sara," according to Stevie, part of that song is also about Mick Fleetwood. Particularly the "Great Dark Wing." She had an affair with him for two years after she dated Don. Stevie's songwriting is interesting that way because she creates hybrid songs that can be about one or more people. Here's some quotes from her

Sara was pretty much about Mick. So, he was the 'great dark wing'. And, ah, it was about everything that was going on at that particular time, too, but he was the, the reason for the, you know, the beginning of it.
    ~Stevie Nicks, MTV Fanatic, 1998

[On whether the line in the song Sara, 'When you build your house, I'll come by' is about Don Henley, whom she was dating at the time?] (laughs) That is true. He did [build the house]. And I was in it before he finished it.
    ~Stevie Nicks, Us magazine, July 1990

I knew that Sara would be very popular because I loved writing that song. I've had more fun writing that...I remember the night I wrote it. 'I sat up with a very good friend of mine whose name is Sara, who was married to Mick Fleetwood. She likes to think it's completely about her, but it's really not completely about her. It's about me, about her, about Mick, about Fleetwood Mac. Its about all of us at that point. There's little bits about each one of us in that song and when it had all the other verses it really covered a vast bunch of people. Sara was the kind of song you could fall in love with, because I fell in love with it...
    ~Stevie Nicks, Tommy Vance show, May 1994

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Welcome from me, too, moonrambler! Glad to have ya!

I was shocked to learn that Stevie had had a relationship with Joe. I'd always known about her and Don, but not about Joe. And I'm glad it never caused any friction between Joe and Don. Or did it?
    I don't think their relationship caused friction between Joe and Don. Because her relationship with Don wasn't as intense or deep. If there was, she has never mentioned it. Now there was tension in Fleetwood Mac when Stevie was with both Lindsey Buckingham and later Mick Fleetwood.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan
    It lasted about three years, from 1983-1986. They met when Joe opened for Stevie on her Wild Heart tour.

There are no good Stevie bios, IMHO. There have been several books on Fleetwood Mac, including an old authorized biography from the 70s. Mick Fleetwood also wrote an autobiography.

Stevie got her facts off when she said Joe was happily married. He is divorced from his third wife and is currently dating Marjorie Bach, most famous for being Ringo Starr's sister-in-law.

In romance-dreamworld, I would want Stevie to get back with Lindsey Buckingham and live happily ever after - but he's married so that's off. S&L's romance is far more epic - they met in high school and still write songs about each other to this day. She has called Lindsey her "Great Love" before, but when she's mad at him, suddenly it's Joe. lol I'm not trying to diminish what she had with Joe - he was right up there with Lindsey.

I'm afraid Don never made her "Great Love" list, but they remain close to this day, unlike Stevie and Joe. For all her gushing about Joe, they do not interact much and obviously, she doesn't really keep track of what's going on in his life (hence the gaffe about him being happily married).

That's impossible to answer - guess you'll have to do some more reading!
    LOL I totally agree with your answers. There really aren't any good Stevie bios, which sucks. I couldn't agree more about the Lindsey, Stevie and Joe thing. For the longest time Lindsey was her great love. Then all of a sudden she is calling Joe her great love lol. I guess we can just assume that both men created a huge impact on her.

Out on the Border

This just blows my mind. I had Don and Stevie in my mind as a great love, with great chemistry. It is hard to imagine Joe being greater than Don. He must of rocked her world more than just musically. How weird...I am glad it doesnt appear to cause any friction between Don and Joe.

Default Re: Those Shoes - Stevie?

It's not as if Joe is better than Don, it's more like that at the time Stevie was dating Don it was anything but serious. When she was dating Joe it was very serious. Maybe she just doesn't want to call an on-again, off-again fling with Don a Great Love.

I agree that it would be ideal for Stevie to get back with Lindsey, but her and Don would've been a good couple too if things had gotten more serious. They sure get along well! They had great chemistry on the Two Voices tour. I also thought it was weird that Stevie went from calling Lindsey her soulmate to calling Joe her soulmate!

But it MUST be weird for Don and Joe if the subject of Stevie ever comes up!

Oh, and I think Miss Ghost is totally about Stevie!