Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Retrospective Tour?

Default Re: Eagles Retrospective Tour?

I would love to see Bernie play with them, just for the history of it. Too bad he's the only member being considered though.
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

I've been wondering if maybe Randy would be well enough to just turn up (at some point) and be introduced on stage to take a bow....and lots & lots of applause!?
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    This will be so cool! I guess we're all over the place here, but my preference to hear from Bernie would be My Man. One thing I'm wondering is if they would announce which shows Bernie would be appearing at or would they just surprise folks. I would hope they would announce it so us fans could plan accordingly.

It is somewhat disappointing that the others probably won't be appearing. I honestly didn't hold much hope that Felder would be included, but I was hoping that Randy's health would permit it him to appear.
    "My Man" is my favorite song of Bernie's with the Eagles, and I would love to hear it live. The reason I mentioned "Earlybird" is because it's a showcase for his banjo talents, but "My Man" would be especially cool because it's never been done live before that I'm aware of. The Eagles taking this opportunity to do a Bernie song for the first time in ages would be incredible.

It would be wonderful if Randy could make a quick appearance at a show, even if he didn't play.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'd love to be at a show where Bernie showed up, or any of them for that matter. I'd choose My Man, Bitter Creek or Train for Bernie to do. Any of them would be awesome! I'd even take Earlybird! Maybe!

I wish Randy could make one too. Where does he live, anyone know? If they were in a city close and he was having a good day, maybe he could......
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I wouldn't mind hearing Twenty-One, either! I love the version they did on Kirshner in '74. Bernie sounds great and Don is adorable drumming and doing the harmonies.

It would be incredibly moving if Randy were to take the stage with the band, even for a few minutes.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Randy currently lives in Studio City, the last I heard. If he were to make an appearance, I imagine it would be for an LA show.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

While the schedule of touring wouldn't suit Randy he could possibly do very well at a carefully selected show. One of the characteristics of Alzheimers is that sufferers tend to revert back to the past, and also to situations and rituals which were an intergral part of their past years. Things that they did on an ongoing basis (such as a craft) they can remember in quite a detailed way, at least in the earlier stages.

Meaning that if he were actually physically well enough he might actually be in a situation where he would be genuinely thinking he was back touring with the band, just not realise that it was 35-40 years later.

Just a thought!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    While the schedule of touring wouldn't suit Randy he could possibly do very well at a carefully selected show. One of the characteristics of Alzheimers is that sufferers tend to revert back to the past, and also to situations and rituals which were an intergral part of their past years. Things that they did on an ongoing basis (such as a craft) they can remember in quite a detailed way, at least in the earlier stages.

Meaning that if he were actually physically well enough he might actually be in a situation where he would be genuinely thinking he was back touring with the band, just not realise that it was 35-40 years later.

Just a thought!
    I don't know how to say this so I will be blunt. I think that would be very, very sad, awkward, whatever you wish to call it. I think even a quick appearance may be too much. I believe that Randy's welfare must come before the wishes of fans. Having said that I obviously do not know how far advanced his Alzheimer's actually is.

They appear not to be considering Randy at all and I respct their decision.

Out on the Border AftertheThrill's Avatar

I keep thinking about Glen Campbell and his appearance on the Grammy's. Glen seemed really happy to be on that stage and it would be wonderful if Randy could have one more moment.

It really makes me sad to think of one of the guys having such a horrible disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post

Just a thought!
    I don't have much experience with Alzheimers, but I have not heard this. From what I hear or have experienced with people is that they don't remember people or things that they did or said even 2 minutes ago. It's very sad. We don't really know Randy's condition at this time. It would be really nice to see him up there, but I don't think it's going to happen.