Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Retrospective Tour?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles Retrospective Tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    So in reading the "Today In Eagles History" note, today is the anniversary of Don Felder's $200,000,000. lawsuit against Eagles, Ltd. as well as Don Henley and Glenn Frey personally. That's two hundred million. If there was a shadow of a doubt before, there is no longer any doubt in mind as to whether or not he'll be invited to be a part of the new tour. I can give you 200,000,000 reasons why he won't be. Ouch.
    I hear ya, HH. While the terms of the final settlement remain undisclosed, it was allegedly somewhere between $20 - $30 million. Although that's a small percentage of what Felder originally asked for, it's nothing to bat an eye over. So even if there are only 20,000,000 reasons why he won't be invited, that enough to convince me that it ain't gonna happen.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I hear ya, HH. While the terms of the final settlement remain undisclosed, it was allegedly somewhere between $20 - $30 million. Although that's a small percentage of what Felder originally asked for, it's nothing to bat an eye over. So even if there are only 20,000,000 reasons why he won't be invited, that enough to convince me that it ain't gonna happen.
    People always sue for way more than they know they will get. I mean, people sued a coffee company for like $5 million because the coffee was too hot!
    Why drudge this sad saga up again?? We all know Felder isn't going to be playing on the tour.
    That whole episode of Eagles history just makes me sad.

Stuck on the Border

That's why Part 1 will be much more interesting and upbeat for me than Part 2.

I think Felder belongs in the Eagles as far as guitar playing goes both as far as skill and as far as contribution to classic licks, but I'm not on either "side" as far as the firing goes. I have seen the Eagles post-Felder (and likely would/will again), and I would love to see a Felder band show. If Joe had been fired as well or left, especially at the same time (for whatever reason), perhaps I'd admittedly not like the current Eagles as much or go. I will admit that. I realize DH and GF are the focal Eagles but the sum are greater than it's parts.....

I think Felder got a raw deal with the firing, but I also quite realize that his lawsuit sealed the deal - although hoping feels good. But it sure bites hard when you (and I mean anyone) inevitably get disappointed even though you knew it would never happened but were in some state of denial and had a sliver of hope although I think we all knew the chances were slimmer than none. I'd like to say I've given up hope of seeing Felder with the Eagles, but that small sliver of hope sure is clingy and doesn't want to go away, as painful as it is to hold onto it.

I'm happy for Bernie that he was possibly/probably invited to play at least a few shows, and I'm sure if Randy was in good condition he would have been too, as I don't think either left the band in a firing or bitter end. But still even though at this point I know it will not happen, I wish they could at least have Felder up there for one song even, but I know the wounds are too deep on both parties to even consider it. Again, it's that "sliver of hope" thing. C'est la vie.

I guess I'm very happy they didn't leave Felder out of the doc, although I'm quite aware it was the filmmakers that probably asked him to be in there, but I'm glad he was able to talk about the band and what happened. I just hope that we might hear back and forth stories between Don, Glenn, and Felder (obviously not in the same room being recorded ) as to what went down. Henley releasing a book in the distant future sounds highly interesting, although he did say it would be a long while.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Henley releasing a book in the distant future sounds highly interesting, although he did say it would be a long while.
    Yeah, both Glenn and Don have mentioned autobiographies. I think they should wait a good, long while before writing them, because their stories are far far from over.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Yeah, both Glenn and Don have mentioned autobiographies. I think they should wait a good, long while before writing them, because their stories are far far from over.
    For sure.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I think it's natural that fans would want to see all of the members on stage for the tour because, like Austin, I believe all seven members made their own unique contribution to the band. But, of course, I'll accept whatever happens because it is beyond my control.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    People always sue for way more than they know they will get. I mean, people sued a coffee company for like $5 million because the coffee was too hot!
    Why drudge this sad saga up again?? We all know Felder isn't going to be playing on the tour.
    That whole episode of Eagles history just makes me sad.
    TK - I think it's pretty common knowledge that people sue for more than they expect to get. My post was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek response to HH's post - so sorry if it didn't come across that way. I'm also sorry that any mention of Felder and the lawsuit makes you sad, but, on an Eagles message board, the subject is bound to come up on occasion. We are mature adults and should be able to discuss Felder and any other topic in a civil, intelligent, and rational manner even if there is disagreement. If a topic causes anyone to get emotionally charged or upset, it may be best for that person to avoid posting about it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    We all know Felder isn't going to be playing on the tour.
    Sorry but no, we don't KNOW that Felder isn't going to be playing on the tour. Nobody has come right out and said "Don Felder will not be a part of it". (Unless I've missed something somewhere.) All we've heard is "former members" would be a part of and Bernie for sure. Since there's only 3 "former members" I think it's feasible that some people might have to swallow their pride and actually let him come on stage for a song or 2 at some point in the tour. No one can deny he's a huge part of Eagles history, bad blood or not.

I might just be hoping and know it probably won't happen, but I will not just assume or say it definitely isn't going to happen till I hear it out of the horses mouths their selves.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Don Henley was quoted as saying the only former member being considered for a part in this tour is Bernie Leadon. I cannot provide a link, but that is what he said.

This subject has become so sensitive now that I am reluctant to say any more, but it is not just Frey & Henley who would have to swallow their pride. A lot of stuff was said in that book & in a couple of Felder's recent songs. Is Felder going to retract all of that? I don't think so.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I have to agree with HH and dreamer, 200,000,000 or 20,000,000, it doesn't really matter. I don't think Felder will EVER be invited to join them again.

Get over it? Not THAT much money! I don't think it would be possible to get over being sued. jmo.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Don Henley was quoted as saying the only former member being considered for a part in this tour is Bernie Leadon. I cannot provide a link, but that is what he said.

This subject has become so sensitive now that I am reluctant to say any more, but it is not just Frey & Henley who would have to swallow their pride. A lot of stuff was said in that book & in a couple of Felder's recent songs. Is Felder going to retract all of that? I don't think so.
    I remember Henley saying that but just about the same time, he or Glenn also were quoted as saying "former members".

As far as swallowing their pride.... yeah, I meant Frey & Henley. I mean, it's pretty bad when Henley won't even speak the man's name. Yes, Felder sued and has made a complete ass of himself at times over the whole lawsuit but in my opinion, and it is only my opinion, they all could all grow up and do this for THE FANS!!! It is also my opinion that Felder would very much love getting back on that stage only temporarily for a song or two for this anniversary. Why not move on and do it for THE FANS.

As for the songs, and I'm asking because I really don't know, was it ever actually said that those songs were about the Eagles and what happened or is this just presumption on our parts?
    He sings it high, he plays it low