Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Retrospective Tour?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Retrospective Tour?

It's presumption; but if you read the lyrics of You Don't Have Me & part of the lyrics of Money it seems fairly obvious. The line from You Don't Have Me 'it takes an empty heart & a wicked soul' is fairly explicit. From Money, 'partners conspire/like rabid vampires/best way to shake you down'.... need I continue?

You can't just say that because 'the fans' would like it to happen that Frey & Henley just have to suddenly pretend years of animosity didn't occur. It's too late for that, in my opinion. I am a cynic, which may be sad, but it's more realistic. Felder was fired & he was fired for various reasons. He is not the innocent victim he paints himself. People feel sorry for him because they have only heard his side of the story.

I understand the 'forgiveness' thing but sometimes it is not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I remember Henley saying that but just about the same time, he or Glenn also were quoted as saying "former members".

As far as swallowing their pride.... yeah, I meant Frey & Henley. I mean, it's pretty bad when Henley won't even speak the man's name. Yes, Felder sued and has made a complete ass of himself at times over the whole lawsuit but in my opinion, and it is only my opinion, they all could all grow up and do this for THE FANS!!! It is also my opinion that Felder would very much love getting back on that stage only temporarily for a song or two for this anniversary. Why not move on and do it for THE FANS.

As for the songs, and I'm asking because I really don't know, was it ever actually said that those songs were about the Eagles and what happened or is this just presumption on our parts?
    As always, 100% agreed.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As for the songs, and I'm asking because I really don't know, was it ever actually said that those songs were about the Eagles and what happened or is this just presumption on our parts?
    IIRC, Felder stated definitively in several interviews when he was promoting his new album that there were songs on the album about that period of time in his life. He didn't specifically state the names of the songs, but it doesn't take rocket science to figure that out. I can't point exactly to the specific interviews because there were quite a few around that time. But, if anyone is really interested in hearing his remarks, I'm sure you can find them by following some of the interview links in his thread about the new album.

Now this is just my opinion, but in a perfect world, all the former members would appear. However, as has been mentioned, whether it has anything to do with forgiveness or maturity or anything else, there just doesn't seem to be any love lost between these guys. I don't think any of them have a cordial enough relationship with Felder at this point to make it worth the trouble and stress.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Forgiveness is never impossible. I've read about some mothers of murdered children forgiving their children's killers and campaigning against their execution here in Texas. If a murder can be forgiven by the victim's mother I don't think it's impossible to forgive a lawsuit. But will they choose to forgive? Their decision. Their hearts might not be open to it right now.
    ~Sara

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    IIRC, Felder stated definitively in several interviews when he was promoting his new album that there were songs on the album about that period of time in his life. He didn't specifically state the names of the songs, but it doesn't take rocket science to figure that out. I can't point exactly to the specific interviews because there were quite a few around that time. But, if anyone is really interested in hearing his remarks, I'm sure you can find them by following some of the interview links in his thread about the new album.
    Initially, Felder said that there were songs written about the Eagles. Then, after the album release and the backlash from "You Don't Have Me" and "Money," he backed away from that. He tried to say the songs were about his wife at that point... apparently forgetting that he had used the male pronoun in the lyrics. Also, he's said he's on very good terms with his wife and their divorce was not in any way acrimonious, so why in the world would he speak so harshly about her? This is especially true since he initiated the divorce because she wasn't paying enough attention to him and was too wrapped up in her job, by his own admission! Saying he was referring to his wife as "wicked" and one of a group of "partners [who] conspire like rabid vampires" to "shake [him] down" rather than referring to the Eagles is obviously BS shoveled to try and do damage control. Not cool.

You wrote it, you own it, Felder.

And I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't disapprove of Felder writing about his emotional reactions, even if it paints the Eagles negatively. He's just expressing his feelings. However, when he releases songs like that, he has to take the consequences if people - including the guys - are offended.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Sorry but no, we don't KNOW that Felder isn't going to be playing on the tour. Nobody has come right out and said "Don Felder will not be a part of it". (Unless I've missed something somewhere.) All we've heard is "former members" would be a part of and Bernie for sure. Since there's only 3 "former members" I think it's feasible that some people might have to swallow their pride and actually let him come on stage for a song or 2 at some point in the tour. No one can deny he's a huge part of Eagles history, bad blood or not.

I might just be hoping and know it probably won't happen, but I will not just assume or say it definitely isn't going to happen till I hear it out of the horses mouths their selves.
    I think that when Don said "members" it was a slip up, or maybe he was possibly referring to Randy as the other "former member" that is if that is at all possible....Don Henley calls Felder, 'the other guy" and won't even mention his name, so I am pretty sure that Felder is not part of the tour & will not be invited to play with them. If it happens we will all be SHOCKED....Think of the news that would make????Yeah, they should do it for the fans, but I'm not counting on it.
    And he did say in one of the latest interviews that Bernie was the only "former member' they were considering.

Here is the article where Don says it will NOT be Don Felder.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/don-h...ew-solo-album/

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Initially, Felder said that there were songs written about the Eagles. Then, after the album release and the backlash from "You Don't Have Me" and "Money," he backed away from that. He tried to say the songs were about his wife at that point... apparently forgetting that he had used the male pronoun in the lyrics. Also, he's said he's on very good terms with his wife and their divorce was not in any way acrimonious, so why in the world would he speak so harshly about her? This is especially true since he initiated the divorce because she wasn't paying enough attention to him and was too wrapped up in her job, by his own admission! Saying he was referring to his wife as "wicked" and one of a group of "partners [who] conspire like rabid vampires" to "shake [him] down" rather than referring to the Eagles is obviously BS shoveled to try and do damage control. Not cool.

You wrote it, you own it, Felder.

And I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't disapprove of Felder writing about his emotional reactions, even if it paints the Eagles negatively. He's just expressing his feelings. However, when he releases songs like that, he has to take the consequences if people - including the guys - are offended.
    I agree with what you say here & you've said it so well that I need not elaborate.

For your first point though, I didn't know that Felder tried to claim that You Don't Have Me & Money were about his ex-wife. I must have missed that; I wasn't aware that there was such a backlash against those songs although we discussed it here.

I have been extremely reluctant to give any views on this album & still am.

I was under the impression that Felder's wife was the one that filed for the divorce....I read the book about 2 years ago, but I don't have the book now to actually look it up, but that is how I remember it. I do recall him saying that his wife was busy with her jewelry business & he was very rarely home, so she found something to do with her time & became rather successful with it..Then when he was around, they didn't have much in common anymore.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I was under the impression that Felder's wife was the one that filed for the divorce....I read the book about 2 years ago, but I don't have the book now to actually look it up, but that is how I remember it. I do recall him saying that his wife was busy with her jewelry business & he was very rarely home, so she found something to do with her time & became rather successful with it..Then when he was around, they didn't have much in common anymore.
    As Soda said, Felder initiated it. See page 309 following.