Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Retrospective Tour?

Default Re: Eagles Retrospective Tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Here is the article where Don says it will NOT be Don Felder.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/don-h...ew-solo-album/
    I was going to mention this radio interview, too. Don mentions a former member being involved in the tour and the presenter says something like "I'm guessing it's not going to be Don Felder..." and Don chuckles and says "That was easy, wasn't it?" You can take that as mean if you like but, really, it is just the way it is. I really don't think they sit and stew over it any more or have active hatred towards him, but it's kind of widely accepted that they won't play together again. I'd say that the media constantly makes more out of the "acrimonious split" than the band does. Everyone loves to hear about fights and fallings out, and the band has lived with that for decades. I think this DVD will give us a good insight into things that we are just speculating about at the moment.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    I was going to mention this radio interview, too. Don mentions a former member being involved in the tour and the presenter says something like "I'm guessing it's not going to be Don Felder..." and Don chuckles and says "That was easy, wasn't it?" You can take that as mean if you like but, really, it is just the way it is. I really don't think they sit and stew over it any more or have active hatred towards him, but it's kind of widely accepted that they won't play together again. I'd say that the media constantly makes more out of the "acrimonious split" than the band does. Everyone loves to hear about fights and fallings out, and the band has lived with that for decades. I think this DVD will give us a good insight into things that we are just speculating about at the moment.

Well said. I totally agree.

I don't think they stew about it anymore either, I mean it's been several years, but with the DVD coming out & the upcoming tour, people are going to be bringing up Don Felder, so it is just natural that interviewers will bring it up.

Actually, I don't think that we are going to learn much about this particular incident incident in the DVD. I think the legal matters that are involved may be briefly touched on, but I doubt we will learn much. I think the focus will be on the music, and the band in general. I think even the fights will be kept to a minimum.

I think if we get to see Bernie on the tour, that will be huge! I just wonder if it will only be for a brief leg of the tour??

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Ok , I think Don felder wont ever happen...too much things said and too much things done...
    I hear Randy is pretty sick so I dont thin he is able to do it.It is a shame.
    I have heard DH quoted in interviews that it will be with Bernie and I think that that would be cool to see since I never got to see him live.
    I think it would be nice for us to all just be suprised....isnt that half the fun??? and something to look forward too...a suprise.......to see what they have planned for us their long suffering fans??

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

OMG--- Just heard a little snip on Sirius Classic Vinyl between songs from Bernie!!!! He talked about being with the Burritos prior to the Eagles and said when he left the Eagles it was for his "sanity and his health" and he needed to go to the beach and that helped. (Hope I got that all right because I was so shocked to hear it) Then the DJ said that Bernie would be joining them for a few shows starting this summer.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

That makes me happy, happy, happy to hear that!!
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    OMG--- Just heard a little snip on Sirius Classic Vinyl between songs from Bernie!!!! He talked about being with the Burritos prior to the Eagles and said when he left the Eagles it was for his "sanity and his health" and he needed to go to the beach and that helped. (Hope I got that all right because I was so shocked to hear it) Then the DJ said that Bernie would be joining them for a few shows starting this summer.
    Wow I guess it might actually be true if DH is quoted as saying it and BL is quoted as saying it too..Yipee..
    But??is a few shows a tour ??? or just a stop in here or there kinda thing??
    oh well I will be a pollyanna and look at the bright side..tt

Stuck on the Border

The DJ may not have heard what Don & Glenn have said recently where a tour doesn't seem to be high on their priority list.

It's so bizarre. First they're talking tour, even talking about including Bernie, then suddenly it may not even happen this year.... are they just messing with us or did something change?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I know--it's getting hard to keep track of what the lastest that's been said is.

Told hubby last night that there's so much being tossed around right now that I've become just in a wait and see and I'll believe it when I actually see state of mind at this point.
    He sings it high, he plays it low