Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Retrospective Tour?

Default Re: Eagles Retrospective Tour?

Reading through everybody's lists, it seems to be quite awkward to balance the # of leads with the chronological order... i.e. Brooke's comments about 5 Glenn leads in a row isn't going to happen.

I like FP's list (although I'd happily swap out Outlaw Man for Out of Control) with the addition of Desperado to break up Heartache Tonight and Take It Easy.

I need to think about how this could work a bit more! (Or go & see if I've posted in an earlier thread... )
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Yes, the chronological order makes it very difficult! If you have some other idea of how to make things different and be tied to the DVD, mention it! I did the chrono thing just because Glenn mentioned it in interviews a while back.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I'm too lazy to make a setlist, but I'll put some of my thoughts.

Songs I definitely want to see added would be:

Already Gone, New Kid In Town (although not likely), James Dean, Wasted Time, Victim Of Love, and Get Over It

Songs that HAVE to be played for me:

Hotel California, Take It Easy, Life's Been Good

I really would love AG back in the mix. It's my 2nd favorite Eagles song and a favorite to play. If they do, I'd like to see Glenn and Stu do the solos like Glenn and Felder used to do, and not the solos that were on F1. I like the solo so much that Glenn did on the recording through HFO. It needs to be played.

I'd also like to see them do some other stuff like VOL, GOI, and James Dean.

I don't know if they are playing this now, but if they aren't, definitely One Of These Nights needs to be played... Really a great song.

Another cool one I'd like to see and not sure if they've ever done it live, and that is Out Of Control from the Desperado album. One of their very first "rockers". Literally the only song I like on that album other than the title track.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I'm too lazy to make a setlist, but I'll put some of my thoughts.

Songs I definitely want to see added would be:

Already Gone, New Kid In Town (although not likely), James Dean, Wasted Time, Victim Of Love, and Get Over It

Songs that HAVE to be played for me:

Hotel California, Take It Easy, Life's Been Good

I really would love AG back in the mix. It's my 2nd favorite Eagles song and a favorite to play. If they do, I'd like to see Glenn and Stu do the solos like Glenn and Felder used to do, and not the solos that were on F1. I like the solo so much that Glenn did on the recording through HFO. It needs to be played.

I'd also like to see them do some other stuff like VOL, GOI, and James Dean.

I don't know if they are playing this now, but if they aren't, definitely One Of These Nights needs to be played... Really a great song.

Another cool one I'd like to see and not sure if they've ever done it live, and that is Out Of Control from the Desperado album. One of their very first "rockers". Literally the only song I like on that album other than the title track.
    I am confused by this statement. Already Gone isn't on HFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I am confused by this statement. Already Gone isn't on HFO.
    I mean the tour, sorry.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

ok , I could so go for James Dean >Found an old clip the other day of them singing it and walsh and felder were rocking....
    always loved that song...

At first glance, I'm not really loving any of these set lists. I can't see 2 Joe songs done in a row.

I have to think about the set list because that requires some time & thought, but songs that I MUST HAVE are OOTN, & Tequila Sunrise, which have been MIA for a long time!
    Also, I do NOT want Desperado to be the Final Song! It's been done a million times that way & it's time for a change!
    And, NO... Already Gone is not on HFO

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    At first glance, I'm not really loving any of these set lists. I can't see 2 Joe songs done in a row.

I have to think about the set list because that requires some time & thought, but songs that I MUST HAVE are OOTN, & Tequila Sunrise, which have been MIA for a long time!
    Also, I do NOT want Desperado to be the Final Song! It's been done a million times that way & it's time for a change!
    And, NO... Already Gone is not on HFO
    Re Already Gone; Austin clarified that he meant the HFO tour. I saw it played on that tour & it rocked.

So I put RMW right next to In The City. I wanted to have all Eagles in the first half & save the inevitable solos songs for the second half. I suppose RMW could go at the end of the first half. LITFL could start the second half.

if you're listening guys...OOTN please!!!

I want songs such as Already Gone, Tequila Sunrise, Outlaw Man, Get Over it added to the list of the classics.

My mind is Tiffany twisted