Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Retrospective Tour?

Default Re: Eagles Retrospective Tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    And, NO... Already Gone is not on HFO
    As FP stated, I clarified before you posted that I meant the tour and not the concert video...

You can see it on videos like the Christchurch Bootleg and some others I have feature it. Seems like that solo stopped being played after Felder's departure, and I mean Glenn's part that was dropped too. I'm quite sure Steuart is more than capable of playing Felder's part on that solo as he is very capable of playing Felder's most complex parts. It was a lot more basic and in one place (not all over the fretboard) compared to Glenn's solo that you hear on the record.

In fact, on the record you barely hear Felder's solo underneath Glenn's. You really have to crank it to hear Felder's solo. But live of course Felder's solo can be discerned quite easily alongside Glenn's. But on record some people don't realize there was a twin solo with two guitarists. Especially guitarists that I've discussed this song with. I personally prefer Glenn's solo on AG.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Still haven't done a list. I don't even know where to start. But, something I was thinking about is, since this is a "history of the Eagles" and we're doing them in chronological order, which arrangements of the songs do we have them do--- the album versions or the full band with horn section, etc? Personally, I think I want to go back to the basics on the older material and bring out the band in the 2nd half of the show? Something to ponder.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Willie, I really like that idea! It would make it much more authentic.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Willie, I really like that idea! It would make it much more authentic.
    I agree, although I can't see them, ie Glenn, going for that.

I also agree with those that don't think that the solo songs should be part of the show. There are so many Eagles' songs that I would like to hear that either have never been played or haven't been played in years.

I'll post my list after I have time to give it some serious thought.

Stuck on the Border

They seem to have dropped the horns anyway, since they have been playing these shorter shows.

I would prefer them to get back to basics & have Don play drums on the songs on whuch he is supposed to play drums.

I think I'd go for something like this. I'd love to stick The Last Resort in there, but I appreciate that it probably wouldn't work for everyone, especially as I already have Wasted Time in the set list! I haven't even ventured into solo songs territory because, as much as I love them, I feel that it would be great to have a pure Eagles show for the retrospective tour. They're certainly not short of great songs!

Hotel California
    Busy Being Fabulous
    New Kid in Town
    Witchy Woman
    Tequila Sunrise
    I Can’t Tell You Why
    Heartache Tonight
    Wasted Time
    Pretty Maids All in a Row
    Desperado
    James Dean
    Those Shoes
    How Long

Intermission

One of These Nights
    Lyin’ Eyes
    The Long Run
    Love Will Keep Us Alive
    Hole in the World
    Take It to the Limit
    Waiting in the Weeds

The Best of My Love
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    Good Day in Hell
    Victim of Love
    Already Gone
    In the City

Encore

Seven Bridges Road
    Life in the Fast Lane
    Take It Easy

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Still haven't done a list. I don't even know where to start. But, something I was thinking about is, since this is a "history of the Eagles" and we're doing them in chronological order, which arrangements of the songs do we have them do--- the album versions or the full band with horn section, etc? Personally, I think I want to go back to the basics on the older material and bring out the band in the 2nd half of the show? Something to ponder.
    Now that would be a show I would pay good money to see, although if you see any Eagles show you're going to pay good money... But, it'd be a lot easier to swallow!

My mind is Tiffany twisted

If I were going to go in chronological order...

Take It Easy
    Witchy Woman
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    Desperado
    Doolin-Dalton / Doolin-Dalton-Desperado Reprise
    On the Border
    The Best of My Love
    Already Gone
    One of These Nights
    Lyin' Eyes
    After the Thrill Is Gone
    Take It to the Limit

~ intermission ~

Hotel California
    New Kid in Town
    Life in the Fast Lane
    Wasted Time
    Victim of Love
    Pretty Maids All in a Row
    The Long Run
    I Can't Tell You Why
    In the City
    Those Shoes
    Heartache Tonight

~ encore 1 ~

Seven Bridges Road
    Love Will Keep Us Alive
    Get Over It

~encore 2~

How Long (ties the beginning to the end)

They probably could be sorted better. Maybe I'll come back and fix it up more later. No room for solo songs though.
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border

I know Don is your favourite and you wish to emphasise him. Fair enough.

But you only have Glenn singing 7 songs, and only 2 in the second half. You have Don singing 12 on his own and then you have 3 duets (I know the '3 duets' also applies to Glenn). Putting your list in strict chronological order means you don't have Glenn singing any encore songs until the end which is a duet (and inflates LWKUA far beyond its worth, in my opinion). Plus the songs you have Glenn singing are the songs he does now with the exception of NKIT which we all know will never return, and Already Gone. You could at least have proposed another of Glenn's old songs (Tequila Sunrise, obvious though that is).

I am well aware that in their recorded history as time went on Don sang more & more songs while Glenn sang fewer & fewer. I am not sure that a retrospective concert setlist is the place to remind people about that. It should be as evenly distributed as possible. I do note that you say it could perhaps have been sorted better.

If LROOE were better represented then the attempt to redress the balance in the number of lead vocals would be more obvious. At least Somebody could be in there (I would also have the title track & WITW, both of which are sung by Don, of course).

I have to be honest here. As a Frey fan, the strict chronological order is difficult for me to deal with.
    Last edited by Freypower; 01-16-2013 at 11:24 PM.

I know you wouldn't have LWKUA in there at all FP, but I would sure love to hear it...and have TBS sing two songs!!!