Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Greetings from Manila, Philippines

Out on the Border

Default Re: Greetings from Manila, Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Welcome!
    Thanks, Austin. Hope to learn some guitar techniques from you as you're the resident guitar expert. For starters, would you know of the best guitar tab book for Eagles songs? Thanks.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Welcome, GM, from the great Midwest of the United States. I've also already enjoying your post. Carry on!
    Many thanks, TimothyBFan. I like Waiting in the Weeds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonmartin View Post
    Thanks, Austin. Hope to learn some guitar techniques from you as you're the resident guitar expert. For starters, would you know of the best guitar tab book for Eagles songs? Thanks.
    Sorry but I'm not going to be much help there! I'm a "by ear" guitarist. I've never learned to read tab, sheet music, or any musical notation. I just prefer doing it the old rock n' roll way of playing to records and figuring it out and keep rewinding.

That said, I have the old Hotel California songbook that I got from a guitarist in my old band and I love it - but more for memorabilia and photos than it's sheet music!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Sorry but I'm not going to be much help there! I'm a "by ear" guitarist. I've never learned to read tab, sheet music, or any musical notation. I just prefer doing it the old rock n' roll way of playing to records and figuring it out and keep rewinding.

That said, I have the old Hotel California songbook that I got from a guitarist in my old band and I love it - but more for memorabilia and photos than it's sheet music!
    Thanks, WalshFan88.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

What level do you play at? I mean there is a very easy one that I use but I woukdn't suggest it if you are in anyway good. There is also an excellent compilation based on the 2 disc 'Their Greatest Hits' set. It is much more sophisticated and has piano as well. Expensive but worth it!

(Soda, I think you bought it when we were in the Music shop in LA?)
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Yes. I don't play guitar but the photos in there were terrific!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    What level do you play at? I mean there is a very easy one that I use but I woukdn't suggest it if you are in anyway good. There is also an excellent compilation based on the 2 disc 'Their Greatest Hits' set. It is much more sophisticated and has piano as well. Expensive but worth it!

(Soda, I think you bought it when we were in the Music shop in LA?)
    Hi Glennsallnighter. I can play the guitar intro of Hotel California within the first 5 frets. I can also play the entire melody line of that song accompanied by the bass line from the first stanza to the chorus, etc. I can fingerpick the melody line along with the bass line of songs like The Heart of the Matter, Best of My Love, I Can't Tell You Why but I've yet to master frets 6 to 12 which is where the action is during the guitar duel between Walsh and Felder towards the end of Hotel California but I hope to get there soonest thru the CAGED system.

Out on the Border

Hello Gibson! I'm Monique and I'm also from Philippines, I grew up in Caloocan then my family just migrate here in US after I graduated elementary. I only visited the country 4 times since then. How's our beloved country now?

Buy Piano Sheet Music