Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: One of These Nights

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    In honor of its win, I've put a video of Lyin' Eyes from 1976 on the Featured Multimedia page. Watch Glenn after he sings "They fall together" - so cute!
    I loved this Soda! Of course, you know I love that era for Glenn! (note my av!) That "moment" is very....nice. I guess that shows he's been doing that "leaning back move" for quite a few years! Fp should like it, too! Thanks!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Life as some of you know has taken over in a big way this week so its only now that I'm getting to respond to your question Dreamer.
    From the start I felt the real competition would start when we got down to the final three (or maybe 4) songs. I would have voted for Lying eyes regardless of what it would have come up against in the final round. It comes down to the music, the lyrics and the sentiment, and the way the three are woven together. But mostly it comes down to the way Glenn sings it. When I hear him sing it my heart just melts and I fall in love with him all over again and so many times when I'm listening to it as I drive (which is usually every day) I just wish I'm the girl driving out to meet him, and 'rushing into his arms'
    OK I'm rambling. Sorry!
    If it had been between TITTL or OOTN, I'd have gone for OOTN. I think although it would have been a harder choice for me. Still it creates an atmosphere and a sound which is quite unique, and is also one of Glenn' s favourites (as has been noted).

For the record my 6 year old daughter would have gone for TITTL. She loves watching Glenn sing it on F1. I've tried to explain that its a different guy singing it on the cd but it doesn't register, although she can distinguish between Glenn , Don and Tim singing when she hears them on the ipod. Everytime I take out my credit card to use it she says 'Take it to the Limit Mammy'....Awwwwwwwwww!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP