Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: One of These Nights

Wow, I am so sorry I was out of town and unable to vote.

I ADORE One of These Nights--the lyrics are gorgeous, Don's voice is so incredibly sexy--and it is the name of the album, for God's sake! I really thought it would win! However, I see my one vote wouldn't have swayed the final outcome anyway.

Congratulations to Lyin' Eyes.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I thought this was a really interesting Survivor game because this is the first time where strategic voting may have affected the final outcome of the game. I actually never thought One of These Nights would win. I always thought the actual battle was between Take It To the Limit and Lyin' Eyes. I think the reason the two songs were getting so many votes is that the voters were trying to eliminate one of them so that the other would win. As I said earlier, I would have voted for Take It To the Limit to win if it had made it to the final round. I'm interested in knowing if the final round had been between Take It To the Limit and Lyin' Eyes, what would you have voted for? The same question if the final round had been between Take It To the Limit and One of These Nights? I'm hoping everyone that has been playing the game will respond to this so we'll really be able to see what the results would have been.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Congratulations to Lyin' Eyes!

Thank you, dreamer, for hosting this in Soda's absence, and for your analysis. It has been the most interesting Survivor game to date, and a lot of fun. I have especially enjoyed revisiting the less well known tracks. The last two rounds were fascinating. These three tracks are among the strongest that the Eagles have written, and each of them deserved to win. I was surprised at how many people were voting against Lyin' Eyes in the earlier rounds, and although it's my favourite I was expecting it to go out. TITTL would have been my second choice, if it had come to a head to head with OOTN, but as I have already said - they are all masterpieces.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    I'm interested in knowing if the final round had been between Take It To the Limit and Lyin' Eyes, what would you have voted for? The same question if the final round had been between Take It To the Limit and One of These Nights? I'm hoping everyone that has been playing the game will respond to this so we'll really be able to see what the results would have been.
    First, congratulations to Lyin' Eyes!

To be honest I didn't expect to see that song as the winner.
    I don't say LE doesn't deserve it. It's a worthy winner, no doubt.
    Someway I thought TITTL would win.

To answer your question, Dreamer:

TITLL vs. LE = TITLL
    TITLL vs. OOTN = OOTN

I would have voted for Take It To The Limit, as if you all didn't already now
    You can spend all your time making money
    You can spend all your love making time
    If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
    Could you still be mine

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Yep RG, we know that.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    I'm interested in knowing if the final round had been between Take It To the Limit and Lyin' Eyes, what would you have voted for? The same question if the final round had been between Take It To the Limit and One of These Nights?
    To answer your question, Dreamer:

TITLL vs. LE = TITLL
    TITLL vs. OOTN = OOTN
    My answers are exactly the same as EF.

If it had been Take it to the Limit vs. Lyin' Eyes; I would have voted for Lyin' Eyes. But if it had been Take it to the Limit vs. One of these Nights I would have voted for Take it to the Limit to win.

Take it to the Limit is my second fav song on the album and yes dreamer you are right, the reason for voting it out (in my case) was to protect Lyin' Eyes.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Congratulations to Lyin' Eyes! A truly wonderful song! And I think any of the last three could have won.

I am still surprised though. I guess everyone else's strategic voting earlier threw me way off! Shows how good I would be if I were on the island! lol

As for TITTL vs LE, I would vote for LE.

TITTL vs OOTN, I would still vote for OOTN. Glenn's favorite (as he said in the VBO booklet.) OOTN just gets me!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Needless to say I am delighted with the result.

If it had been TITTL vs LE, I would have voted for LE.

TITTL vs OOTN, I would have voted for OOTN.

Now I have a dilemma. A mouth-watering Lyin' Eyes screenshot history to start, while I'm still posting those other photos (you know the ones). How to strike a balance? I guess I could finish posting Starkey & then start Lyin' Eyes....