Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles in Las Vegas 3/23/13

Default Re: Eagles in Las Vegas 3/23/13

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    I read an article where GF stated that they liked the venue at the MGM.
    Also , if you think about it....its close to home for them travel wise and with Vegas there are so many people in and out that it works well for them for a lot of reasons... and its easter early this year???
    I find it ironic that they played around thanksgiving and new years and now another holiday...I see a pattern dont you guys??
    Love vegas and would love to go but its too far for me to travel with my cronic health issues so I will drop it in the kitty for the "big one"
    I have cronic health issues as well so I can't travel alone, therefore my husband has to come with me & it's double the expense. Vegas is too soon & too far away to be able to go at this time.

I told hubby about the planned "History fo The Eagles" tour & he said that we will have to save up. It looks like we may be able to save enough by June to be able to go to a "History"concert if it happens & all goes well.

I was so upset that I couldn't make it to one of Glenn's "After Hours" concerts. I need a live Eagles fix!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Awwww. I feel your pain GL! Ironically I'm travelling to the States on the 24th March! If only I'd known this .............
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    Keeping my fingers crossed for a date in the Bay Area or Sacramento...or best of all Portland so I can go with Joe's biggest fan in the northwest
    And stalker!! Don't forget the stalker part!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Awwww. I feel your pain GL! Ironically I'm travelling to the States on the 24th March! If only I'd known this .............
    Oh, that's too bad, Lisa! I suppose you can't change those reservations now. I'm sure you tried, right?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I wonder what it means that the tix just went on presale and it's not on VIP Nation?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I saw them at the MGM Vegas and yes, the venue is good. It's not that I don't think they should do the MGM Vegas but not ONLY to do Vegas. We don't want the Eagles to turn into a 'Vegas show band' do we? that's for 'has-beens' not bands that can still fill major venues all around the world!!

I do see the $$ side of it; and the proximity to LA and the other points mentioned, but us fans, spread all over the world need a new tour, with new set list, to celebrate their (overdue) 40th Anniversary.

Elton John has done shows in Las Vegas for a few years and he is far from a has been.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

One thing I didn't mention in my mini-review of the Dec. show is that MGM replaced the horrid chairs they had the year before. They were almost comfortable.

The VIP tickets are now up on VIP Nation for those that might be interested.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

JMO ..from the article I read by GF...Vegas is good $$$ and close to home and easy to get in and out of for them I think.
    They seem to play there at least once a year...
    When we were there in sept 2006 they were coming in 0ct and I was crushed......I didnt know and we had to be there in sept for business and not changable dates....
    I dotncare if they do vegas as long as they do other dated as well. again jmo

I don't like them doing this Vegas gig every few months. It will be the same exact show they have been doing for over 2 years now...

We want a NEW TOUR!!! WITH A NEW SET LIST & a REAL TOUR. They are supposed to be a rock band, not a Vegas Act...

I read some not so great things written about the last Vegas show. Some people
    actually thought they were going to get a 3 hour show, so obviously they were pretty disappointed. Some also said the sound at the venue was not so good.

With the new DVD coming out, they need to deliver what they promise & give us that new "History of the Eagles" show. That's what I'm waiting for. Much as I love them...I won't see this same show again.