Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Don at HOF Induction Ceremony

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Don at HOF Induction Ceremony

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Is there any connection with Heart? I don't think I've ever heard of anything? Are the Eagles mentioned in the Heart book that just came out? I haven't read it yet but I think some people on here have read it.
    The Eagles are actually mentioned a few times in the book but the one we were referring to here took place at an Elton John birthday party. I found one of the post I made while reading the book regarding the advances of Don & Glenn.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...postcount=1038

ETA: Sorry, I just saw where Nancy answered your question. I guess I should have read the entire page first.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    So did Glenn.
    OK sorry, I didn't realize that. I went and looked this up on allmusic.com because I don't want to get anything wrong. I found out that Glenn hasn't been on any of Newman's albums since the seventies and Don also appeared on the albums Glenn was on. Meanwhile Don appeared on a Newman album in the eighties without Glenn, and Newman asked Don to be the star of his Faust soundtrack in the nineties. Glenn may have done a Newman song but people cover Newman songs all the time. I'm not trying to diss Glenn but it seems pretty clear why Don is doing this and not Glenn and I don't think it's because Glenn 'does not do these events.' Anyway complaining about Glenn not doing it in Don's forum seems out of place. JMHO.

For those who looked up the information on the Rush and Heart things, thanks. I can see why Rush fans would be pissed off that he said their group was 'yuck' but he was just being honest. As for the Wilson sisters saying no to Don when he was looking so fine ~ wow, something things I'll never understand.
    Last edited by Houston Debutante; 01-23-2013 at 01:42 PM.
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    OK sorry, I didn't realize that. I went and looked this up on allmusic.com because I don't want to get anything wrong. I found out that Glenn hasn't been on any of Newman's albums since the seventies and Don also appeared on the albums Glenn was on. Meanwhile Don appeared on a Newman album in the eighties without Glenn, and Newman asked Don to be the star of his Faust soundtrack in the nineties. Glenn may have done a Newman song but people cover Newman songs all the time. I'm not trying to diss Glenn but it seems pretty clear why Don is doing this and not Glenn and I don't think it's because Glenn 'does not do these events.' Anyway complaining about Glenn not doing it in Don's forum seems out of place. JMHO.

For those who looked up the information on the Rush and Heart things, thanks. I can see why Rush fans would be pissed off that he said their group was 'yuck' but he was just being honest. As for the Wilson sisters saying no to Don when he was looking so fine ~ wow, something things I'll never understand.
    That is the second time you have chastised me for daring to mention Glenn in Don's forum. It happens, you know. Sometimes Don is mentioned in Glenn's forum. The topic was raised. It seemed natural to mention it. Why would I go to the trouble of starting another topic about it in Glenn's forum when Glenn is not the one doing it?

The rationale you have used for why Don is doing the induction & Glenn isn't seems to be based on Don working with Randy more recently. You seem to imply that for Glenn to cover one of Randy's songs doesn't count. He is as big a fan of Randy as Don is. I saw him praise Randy as his favourite American songwriter at the LA concert in May. I stand by what I said that he doesn't do these things while Don is more willing to do them. Don has given Randy an award before; he also inducted Jackson Browne into the HOF. Glenn has not done this. All I said was it would have been nice if he had done so this time. That does not mean I was saying that Don should not do it. I am well aware that Don was more likely to do it and that turned out to be correct.

For the record, on the Little Criminals album, Don is featured on one track, Rider In The Rain, while Glenn is featured on Rider In The Rain, Baltimore, the title track & Short People. Glenn also appears on the track Rednecks from Good Old Boys. The only other track Don was on was Take Me Back from Trouble In Paradise. Faust, yes. Faust, in my opinion, was not very good (not Don's fault, but the two songs he sings are not exactly masterpieces either).
    Last edited by Freypower; 01-23-2013 at 06:08 PM.

I think it's cool that Don is doing this and even though I'm sure Don's intro will be brief, I'll check it out.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

for Don! This should be fun to watch!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    That is the second time you have chastised me for daring to mention Glenn in Don's forum. It happens, you know. Sometimes Don is mentioned in Glenn's forum. The topic was raised. It seemed natural to mention it. Why would I go to the trouble of starting another topic about it in Glenn's forum when Glenn is not the one doing it?
    It just would be nice if you let fans be happy about something Don is doing without whining about how you wish the focus was on Glenn. There are lots of Glenn fans here but I don't see anybody else doing that kind of thing.

I'm not even going to address your other points because I've lurked long enough to know that nothing I can say will make you recognize Don is as worthy as Glenn.

I'm sorry this has started to dominate the thread. I won't say anymore about it. Let's get back to talking about the ceremony.

I will be checking my local listings for when I can see this. From my past experience watching these things, he won't get much airtime, probably not more than a few sentences before they play a video package dedicated to Newman, but even a little Don is better than nothing.
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

HD, let us know when you find it, it'll give me a clue where to look in my local listings! DirecTV re-did their website and it's supposedly new and improved. Meanwhile, I can't find anything.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Yes, please post if you hear anything about when this may be on TV. Would love to watch it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    Ya it was a little blurb about being hit on by DH and GF ...like not even a paragraph..I thought there waould be more of the eagles in that book lol
    Yes, now I recall the mention. I still want to read the Heart book. I wonder how these 2 sisters handled the many adventures of being in a rock band.
    It didn't seem to me that Heart & the Eagles traveled much in the same circles, bit I'm sure they must have run into each other at times.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

It was an intresting book but I was expecting more I guess and didnt get it.(much like them I guess hehe hehe)