Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Don at HOF Induction Ceremony

Default Re: Don at HOF Induction Ceremony

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    They televise it later on on Showtime or HBO I think it was. I know this because I remember last years when Lizzy, Austin and I discussed it on FB and watched Guns N Roses online in a 4 inch box on some website that kept getting in trouble for taping it on the actual night of the event.
    HELLO!!! BEST.NIGHT.OF.MY.LIFE!!!

Omg how much fun did we have that night??? Miles apart but glued together by a common bond. Following Perla's tweets that were indicating Myles just jumped on a plane to Cleveland to take Axl's place singing. Then the pics of 5am practices. OMG it was more than I could take to know that MOST of the original GnR was going to perform together again, live!

Sorry, off topic!! But, Willie got me wound up!! hehe

My mind is Tiffany twisted

LOL I remember that. And then towards one of the last songs they changed it to some rapper being interviewed....

That was so fun!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Sorry, I'm confused ~ was it on a pay channel or streamed online or both? They used to show these things on VH1, but now it's all reality shows.
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I saw an article last night that said it would be on HBO in the middle of May sometime. I didn't pay attention because after getting Showtime just for the movie I'm not about to get HBO as well. Not sure why I would pay extra in order to see something a month after it happened! If someone hears of another way to see it, I'd love to hear about it!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    Sorry, I'm confused ~ was it on a pay channel or streamed online or both? They used to show these things on VH1, but now it's all reality shows.
    HD--- We watched it online the night of (it was just ridiculous, some silly site that Austin or Liz found that wasn't even suppose to be filming it) but then Showtime, HBO or VH1 (don't remember who) shows it later. We only watched it the night it happened last year because of our GNR "bond" the three of us have and we had such a fun time doing it. It was an adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplays
    Sorry, off topic!! But, Willie got me wound up!! hehe
    Yeah--that's a real challenge!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

HD--- We watched it online the night of (it was just ridiculous, some silly site that Austin or Liz found that wasn't even suppose to be filming it) but then Showtime, HBO or VH1 (don't remember who) shows it later. We only watched it the night it happened last year because of our GNR "bond" the three of us have and we had such a fun time doing it. It was an adventure.

oh! I'll have to be on the lookout for something like that on the night of the induction so I don't have to wait a month either.
    ~Sara

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - Whatever happened to the good ole days when they used to show the R&R HOF Induction Ceremony on MTV? Very frustrating! Oh well, I guess I'll be waiting until it shows up somewhere online.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    oh! I'll have to be on the lookout for something like that on the night of the induction so I don't have to wait a month either.
    Yeah, what was happening was someone in the press room, I guess they were reporters, was secretly filming the big screen tv they were watching it on with a phone video and then relaying it (somehow) to a website. But they had people posted who kept looking around at the group and warning them about filming etc so it would cut out for awhile. Later on, we started getting youtube footage from the audience (again who were not allowed to take pics or video). It wasn't an ideal way to watch it but we weren't going to wait til it showed on TV!!!

So basically, you know someone is ALWAYS going to break the rules and try to get away with some kind of pictures or videos! These were so called trusted press people and even they couldn't resist the urge to be the first one to show the original GnR on stage together again!

My mind is Tiffany twisted

I hope you're right and that someone does it for this one too. Thanks for the info.
    ~Sara