Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell 1 Being Released in Blu Ray

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Farewell 1 Being Released in Blu Ray

Lol! Showing my age here!

Thanks Soda! Yeah, I won't be changing up anytime soon either!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Some of the Blu-rays we have such as Monty Python's Life Of Brian, are 1000% better than the DVD. In the good ones you can see details you never knew existed. I am unsure that F1 will be a great deal better as it was first done only in 2004 when the technology was pretty good.

I have some music DVDs & I have Blu-rays. The difference between Elton John's four concert set (DVD) & Stevie Wonder & Billy Joel's (Blu-ray) is staggering. Then there is Celebration Day. As I said elsewhere, that was a completely wasted opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Some of the Blu-rays we have such as Monty Python's Life Of Brian, are 1000% better than the DVD.
    That's interesting, FP! Perhaps I will have to look into Blu-Ray. Life of Brian is one of my favourite films of all time - if not, my favourite.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

We do have a Blu-Ray player, but the DVD looks really good on our HD TV so as soon as my husband heard that F1 will be out in Blu-Ray he said "Well we won't need that". He has been hoping for years that HFO comes out in Blu-Ray.

I won't tell him, but I am going to order the F1 Blu-Ray!!!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Ok GL, here's the thing, tell him that you'd feel that if The Eagles are happy with the blu ray sales they may do HFO on blu ray next. So we all have to do our part I'm making that happen!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Ok GL, here's the thing, tell him that you'd feel that if The Eagles are happy with the blu ray sales they may do HFO on blu ray next. So we all have to do our part I'm making that happen!
    Good thinking, GA!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

My husband loves HD and insisted that we get a blu-ray because "you won't believe the difference!". Wanna bet!! Seriously, I really don't see what all the hoopla is about. When we upgraded to the HD package, I really noticed a difference in my football & baseball games but other than that, not that impressed. Same with blu-ray. I guess count me as old also.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I'm surprised at how many say they can't see the difference. I'm amazed at the difference!! Maybe it's TV dependent, but I actually bought a Blu-Ray player so I could watch Celebration Day in hi-def. It was $70 at Best Buy and connects to my wifi and streams Netflix and a bunch of other services I don't use yet.

I put Farewell 1 in the other day, I haven't watched it in a while. The guys looked short and wide, just like the football players and hockey players do when I watch those sports. I really need to get a hi-def satellite dish. I wish I could do it by the time Showtime airs the movie, but I can't see that happening. I won't replace my DVD collection, but I'm glad to hear that FW1 is coming out in Blu-Ray, since I decided after watching it that I won't watch it again on a hi-def TV without a hi-def DVD. At any rate, the difference on my TV is extremely evident.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I already had to rebuy all my VHS tapes in DVD format, don't want to have to do it again with Blue Ray.
    ~Sara

I think the difference in visual and sound quality varies by product. There aren't a lot of things we would buy again on blu-ray, but it has almost become our default for new purchases. In particular, anything we would want to watch over and over again would be worth getting on blu-ray.

Some (older) products have more "extras" in the release to blu-ray.

The website http://www.blu-ray.com/ has reviews of movies/tv series/music vids etc and breaks it down into the visual quality, audio, extras as well as a general review of the movie etc itself. (Bear in mind some of the reviewers are pretty... um... obsessive about this stuff. . So they talk about all the little imperfections in "Life of Brian" for example, then conclude by saying it's so much better in blu-ray!).

On a music DVD vs blu-ray the difference could be like listening to something in the car driving down the motorway vs listening to it on your good quality headphones... I have my fingers crossed hoping that Farewell 1 will be an outstanding example of the difference.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne