Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell 1 Being Released in Blu Ray

Default Re: Farewell 1 Being Released in Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I'm surprised at how many say they can't see the difference. I'm amazed at the difference!! Maybe it's TV dependent, but I actually bought a Blu-Ray player so I could watch Celebration Day in hi-def. It was $70 at Best Buy and connects to my wifi and streams Netflix and a bunch of other services I don't use yet.

I put Farewell 1 in the other day, I haven't watched it in a while. The guys looked short and wide, just like the football players and hockey players do when I watch those sports. I really need to get a hi-def satellite dish. I wish I could do it by the time Showtime airs the movie, but I can't see that happening. I won't replace my DVD collection, but I'm glad to hear that FW1 is coming out in Blu-Ray, since I decided after watching it that I won't watch it again on a hi-def TV without a hi-def DVD. At any rate, the difference on my TV is extremely evident.
    My husband loves hi def too. He has to have the latest TV so ours is HD. We notice a big difference in the HD chanels & with Blu-ray discs. He said that you wouldn't notice much difference with HD or Blu-ray unless you had an HD tv. However, I think that the picture quality of F1 is so good that I really am not expecting the BD to be much different. I'm still getting it though!

FP, we got Life of Brian in BD for Christmas, but we haven't watched it yet.

Tamjid Wafaa

Farewell 1 Tour-Live from Melbourne is a double DVD by Eagles, released in 2005 (see 2005 in music). It was filmed in Melbourne, Australia at the Rod Laver Arena on the 14, 15 and 17 of November 2004, in the same name tour, featuring two new songs. It's the second record as quartet, without Don Felder, but featuring a horn section.

Stuck on the Border

My husband has ordered this for me:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AR1G3FS/ref=s9_newr_gw_d36_g74_ir06?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER& pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1GWVD9F572ZZTEM9CNDZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    My husband has ordered this for me:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
    Awwww, that's sweet!

I have ordered it for myself.

Hey Folks

Haven't posted in a while... thought there would be a thread on here about F1 being released on Blu Ray. I picked up a copy yesterday and it is simply incredible. I have been building a collection of concerts on BD over the last year or so and this is going to be one that gets played very very often.
    The picture is simply incredible, a big difference to the DVD. It looks like it was shot a week ago. Colours are brilliant, you can see the textures on clothing, guitar straps, you can read the guys setlists clearly...
    Audio is good, of course, but I do wish the lossless surround audio did not include instruments in the rear channels, I never understand why they do that.

I'm 100% a Blu Ray convert and when you see something like The Eagles Farewell 1 like this, you'll understand why.

*EDIT* Review on Blu-Ray.com. Yes, I know the reviewer makes some factual errors about the guys in the band, but it'll give you an idea about the Blu Ray disc. They are usually quite brutal with reviews on here so with that in mind:
    http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Ea.../63541/#Review
    Last edited by SteveJoburg; 03-03-2013 at 06:59 AM.

I woke up this morning with an attitude
    looked at the headline, put me in a real bad mood

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Steve, welcome back!!! Thanks for letting us know your opinion of the Blue-Ray version. I've been trying to decide if it would be worth the extra money to get it. I don't know why, it's a given that I will regardless! At least you make me feel better about it!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I rec'd my copy Friday. Haven't been feeling well enough to watch the whole disc, but I did watch enough to see if there was anything new added. There wasn't. The details you can see are amazing indeed. The colour seemed to be a bit different, but still good. Looking forward to settling in to watch the whole thing uninterupted! It's a very good investment!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

ewell crazy me I bought the blue ray dvd first then i gotta get the player lol

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

LOL I'm getting that one for sure 'cause the other dvd kept on freezing up. LOL the Eagles keep on spoiling us.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I wasn't planning on getting this, but y'all may just be talking me into it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016