Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Revel Ovation Hall - Atlantic City, NJ 2/01/13

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Don Henley at Revel Ovation Hall in Altlantic City 2-1-13

In a nutshell: Mr. H's voice was silky and sexy. The man is awesome. It was a fabulous night. Very happy to meet WW and hang with some
    "old" friends.

When he talked about the documentary it was kind of cute -- he referenced Ricky Ricardo -- I've got some "splaining" to do -- to his teenage children. Kind of a "Do as I say, not as I do." (or did) . . .

HH, that's why I linked the "OOTN" videos...his comments were priceless, to say the least. I envy those of you who were able to make the show.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

so glad to hear Mr. Henley was his usual wonderful self...would have loved to hear New York Minute live

So glad you all enjoyed it...looks like Don was in fine form last night.
    Lucky we get to see some videos. Wonder how that guy got away with that, because they are really good quality!! Well, watch while you can.

Yeah, I'll bet Don has some splainin' to do! He's gonna have a hard time laying down any rules with the kids once they've seen that dvd...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Revel Ovation Hall - Atlantic City, NJ 2/01/13

I finally got home from Atlantic City only to find that a review thread hasn't been started yet! What's up with that?

It was a FANTASTIC concert! I have a lot of things I want to say and no time at the moment to say them.

Some quick highlights, he plugged the Eagles movie premiere on Showtime and the DVD on sale in April. He did not mention a solo album, let alone a May date.

My happiest moment of the night came when he sang One Of These Nights! I'm still happy about it!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: Revel Ovation Hall - Atlantic City, NJ 2/01/13

They started posting some video on the other thread, but we are waiting to hear from you....
    Saw the set list & some great videos! Looked & sounded amazing!
    Please give us some more details when you can!

glad you made it home ok VA...can't wait to hear more!

Some tweets about the show last night:

Had a great time from the 5th row at Don Henley concert @RevelResorts last night! He closed with Hotel California and Desperado. #Awesome

All I can say is that Don Henley was f****** awesome at the #revel.

Omg sooo much better than I could've asked for...desperado & Hotel California?!?! Sooo happy!!! #DonHenley #GreatShow! #AC

There are many tweets to this effect, I promise none of us were part of this!!
    #neverinmylife have I seen so many middle aged people #WASTED!!! Getting kicked out by security n ish smfh #unbelievable #AC #DonHenley
    VK

OK, I know JAHH will have a very detailed review of the show, and Dreamer wrote down the setlist. I didn't take any pictures, I totally forgot to get my camera out of my suitcase.

This is the first solo show for Don that I've been to, so there were a lot of things I was really looking forward to. I've always wanted to see him sing Heart of the Matter and it was just as incredible as I knew it would be. He sang it with heart and passion, and seemed to be surprised at the non-ending applause he got at the end of it. I wasn't the only one that liked it!

The crowd was laid back, and seemed to appreciate the slower songs more. He did an incredible job with It Don't Matter To The Sun and Everything Is Different Now. I really enjoyed them both.

Many people have told me what a great job he does with Everybody Wants To Rule The World, and it was very entertaining. He did it well and to be honest, he sang it like he's the one that wrote it (feeling the lyrics).

As I said in the first post, I was surprised and very happy to hear One of These Nights. Other than Heart of the Matter, it was the highlight of the concert for me. He could have sung only these two songs and the trip would have been worth it for me.

He ended the set with LITFL, and then the encore was HC and Desperado. If you all remember my review of the 9/02 Eagles show at the same venue, I said I'd never heard him sing it with such passion and feeling, and that he was starting to get the song to grow on me. Last night he did another outstanding performance of it, and he interacted with the crowd during it more than before.

He looked great, and happy to be up there. He joked about the tropical temperatures (seriously...not tropical at all), then mentioned going to Toronto today and so the temps in AC probably would feel tropical compared to that (which is why I had no interest in going!).

As I said before, he mentioned 'that other band I play with' had a documentary coming out. Two parts because you can't fit over forty years on one DVD. They had to do it now while they still remembered it all. He didn't mention a tour as part of it. Since he didn't mention his upcoming solo album, he didn't mention a tour for it, either.
    VK

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

......just a quick note...DH was awsome. He truley looked happy and relaxed and as HH says "we got some DH loving" last night...His voice was terrific..soulful and sexy...his banter was entertaining too..JAhh is working on the detailed review .
    FOr me it was great to see HH, hh's dh , Va and dreamer. IT was very nice to meet WW for the first time...If you consider how big a place it is and how we all travel from distances its amazing we get together but the bar is always a great place to meet (besides in the revel its next to the bathrooms lol)

I had the pleasure of meeting Michael Thompson and have my picture taken with him and he signed and wrote a really nice message on my cd cover.I also had my picture taken with Pete and Lance who couldnt have been kinder and they too gave me autographs...personalized with nice messages as well.

Quickly , we were all close togeter...Dreamer was three rows in front of us as was HH and HHDH and VA in our row other end so we kept looking at each other in between songs with thumbs up...Before we went in WW said "I just want to hear sunset grill" so when he did it I smiled and thought she was happy...when he did ootn..I knew paydirt was hit for VA..for me it was Everybody wants to rule the world. He really should record it cause he just does it spot on..and looks like he is having a great time doing it. He also did heart of the matter with such conviction it gave me goose bumps.He could feel it and so could I. He did not dissapoint .Also the garth brooks cover.,,when he did it you could hear a pin drop in the room...just him singing and will playing piano flawlessly.

StepUK , Will was right in front of me and he looked great..kissed blown sweety..I thought they all looked healthy and great.
    well guys more tomorrow I gotta go to bed...too much fun last night and too little sleep.
    tt