Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Revel Ovation Hall - Atlantic City, NJ 2/01/13

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Revel Ovation Hall - Atlantic City, NJ 2/01/13

Thanks for the reviews. I was surprised Don played guitar on The Heart of The Matter. A side note about Everybody Knows; he has already recorded it (it was on The Very Best Of) so it wouldn't be on his new album.

oh HH that WW story is a hoot!

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    This has nothing to do with the show, but it was funny so I'll share it. None of us had ever met WW before. I'd given her my cell # and she called me to arrange to meet in Revel Ovation Hall. It was loud and hard to hear her but I explained what I was wearing, what my husband was wearing and where we were so we could find each other. WW told me what she was wearing -- but all I heard was "a metalic shirt" so I'm looking for a "mature-ish" woman wearing a glittery, dressy shirt. What I didn't hear WW say was the "Ca" on the end of metalic. It was a Metallica T-shirt. Big difference! I'm looking for an older woman, in a frou frou shirt and then I find WW who is not old and not frou frou. She was young and fun. No wonder I couldn't find her! We all had a good laugh over that.
    Lol !! That was pretty funny !! I had thought that maybe you didn't hear the "ca" part !! And your review of the concert is awesome as always, JAHH, and it was a pleasure to meet you and TT. I hope next time we have more time to hang out together !!

On a side note, the tickets I won from the radio station were crappier than the ones I bought !! So I gave them to some lady hanging around the merch table. I was so hoping for fabulous seats !!

JAHH, thanks for all the details of the show. How do you remember all that stuff??? That was a great review!
    Glad you & TT got some pictures with the band! can't wait to see them!

Border Desperado

This is for Topkat...I take notes! And as many pictures as I can, although sometime it is not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Hired Hand View Post
    This is for Topkat...I take notes! And as many pictures as I can, although sometime it is not easy.
    Well, you take some really good notes. I can barely get the set list written down! LOL

Wonderful! Thanks!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Glad everyone had a great time and everyone made it home safely. Also glad I got to watch Heart Of The Matter before they took it down. That song just kills me every freaking time!!!!

Can't wait to see the pictures, JAHH!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

JAHH, fabulous review! Thanks so much for that. I felt like I was there while reading it! Can't wait to see the pics and the ones of TT! Great that you got some autographs, TT!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

OMG he is so amazing. I am watching the videos and reading these reviews ~ thank you so much to everyone who is posting.They're pretty good quality for audience videos. I wish I had gotten on here over the weekend because one of the videos has already gotten the audio removed and another has been removed entirely.

I hope he does more shows when his album comes out. Please let one be near me!

I'm surprised he didn't mention the new album at all. Maybe he was embarrassed that he wasn't doing any songs from it so he didn't want to say anything to call attention to that.

Has he done Everybody Knows live before? I don't remember that being a part of the setlist before, at least not recently. I really like his version off of Actual Miles.
    Last edited by Houston Debutante; 02-04-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    ~Sara