Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Eagles CD collection?

Out on the Border tjrrockandrollmaster's Avatar

Default Re: New Eagles CD collection?

Are the CDs packaged with the original LP sleeves including inner sleeves and posters, let me know so I can ponder on buying this thing.
    How I wish, how I wish you were here.

The three surviving Pink Floyd members (Nick Mason, Roger Waters and David Gilmour) and the Pink Floyd co-founders and key figures who have gone to their rest (Richard "Rick" Wright, "Roger Keith "Syd" Barrett and longtime manager Steve O'Rourke (who managed the band until his 2003 death, God bless them all).

Quote Originally Posted by tjrrockandrollmaster View Post
    Are the CDs packaged with the original LP sleeves including inner sleeves and posters, let me know so I can ponder on buying this thing.
    Sleeves yes, but no posters or linear notes. Just the albums packaged neatly in a lil black box

Out on the Border tjrrockandrollmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    Sleeves yes, but no posters or linear notes. Just the albums packaged neatly in a lil black box
    So the albums don't have the inner sleeves nor gatefold shots.
    How I wish, how I wish you were here.

The three surviving Pink Floyd members (Nick Mason, Roger Waters and David Gilmour) and the Pink Floyd co-founders and key figures who have gone to their rest (Richard "Rick" Wright, "Roger Keith "Syd" Barrett and longtime manager Steve O'Rourke (who managed the band until his 2003 death, God bless them all).

Quote Originally Posted by tjrrockandrollmaster View Post
    So the albums don't have the inner sleeves nor gatefold shots.

No...I know I was thinking it'd be like a remastered package with everything but no. Just plain and simple. Still nice though to finally have the albums.

Out on the Border

Neat package - saw it at Sam's over the weekend while buying 1000 rolls of toilet paper. A little disappointing that they didn't have the Live album included (although it was marketed as the "studio" albums) but would be a good set nonetheless for $29.99! I have the Japan box set that includes the original sleeves, posters, etc. and it's awesome but the set just put out IMO is also pretty good. Seems to me the documentary has been a launching board for a band resurgence even though they haven't gone away since 1994...and at the astronomical secondary market prices I'm seeing it's working!

M

Guess we can't expect much when the price is that low, it's nice for people who just had the Greatest Hits though because they can get the CDs really cheap.
    ~Sara

I actually found a copy of this box in a CD store here... 600 bucks, a hundred per CD. That's the price of three new release Blu Rays here at the moment. Little heavy if you ask me.

I woke up this morning with an attitude
    looked at the headline, put me in a real bad mood