Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mar. 2, 2013 Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Mar. 2, 2013 Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It's probably just the lighting. I had the setting on 'sport' which removes the flash, as usual. The camera photos are obviously better than those taken on the phone. I was determined to get some & I'm reasonably happy with these. I am still working on avatars & signatures. It seems that although I had a better seat the previous night, the second night photos are better.
    Well both nights pictures are excellent FP. A friend of mine runs a photography school and before Fallsview I asked him for tips on concert photography. He replied that concert photography is one of the hardest types to plan for because of the unpredictable lighting and the movement of the musicians. And of course it is totally unreasonable to use flash, particularly if you are up close to the performers as they could be put off completely. 'Sport' is obviously the best setting and if you have the ISO number as high as possible it too helps, although at very high numbers enlarged pics can get grainy.

Well done on all the pics you posted from Australia!

EK, your turn next...........
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

An odd but very good review of Glenn's shows in Sydney. This guy has reviewed many shows where it's a well-known artist and the Sydney Symphony Orchestra, and he says that this was one of the best.

http://au.artshub.com/au/news-articl...ymphony-194532
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Thank you so much for finding this, VA. Apart from the error regarding Already Gone it is spot on & I wish to highlight some sections of it.

What was the exception, however, was that the Sydney Symphony seemed hardly to exist, crammed up the back of the stage where it was conducted by Guy Noble. From what this critic could see, there were only strings on stage, and a somewhat abbreviated version of them at that.

I hadn't expected the orchestra to be visible in Brisbane & Melbourne but I HAD expected to see it at the Sydney Opera House on a stage designed for it, & I was somewhat disappointed by this. I knew it would not be the entire orchestra, though.

Also evident were some plain white lights from above, to spotlight various members of the band when needed, and also, in one particularly moving song, to briefly glow upon Frey himself, during the accented word in its chorus, as if he were some ancient magi summoning the spirits.

This is lovely & he must be referring either to Same Girl or Here's To Life. I need an avatar called Ancient Magi. Watching Glenn alone in the spotlight like this was really something I had never seen before & it really allowed him to stretch out.

Regarding the sound mix it was better than in Melbourne particularly where his backing singers nearly drowned him out during YBTTC. Another point of interest is that Richard sang part of Caroline, No (which he refers to as 'his take' on Brian Wilson's song) along with him. I wasn't sure why this was necessary. I'm glad I got out a few more thoughts about this.

Thanks for those additional insights, FP! Every little detail helps us even more to experience the concert vicariously through you.

Thanks for posting the review VA, and for the additional insights FP. It must have been very special to see Glenn singing in the spotlight like that.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I just have one further, pathetic comment to make.

When he talked about Bobby Troup, the writer of Route 66, being married to Julie London, obviously that meant that he had to say my name.

All I can say is that hearing those two words - my name & my favourite city - spoken by him in that way was very pleasant indeed; no disrespect to Ms London of course (she is most famous for her version of Cry Me A River).

I remember them from the TV show "Emergency!". I loved and still love that show.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I just have one further, pathetic comment to make.

When he talked about Bobby Troup, the writer of Route 66, being married to Julie London, obviously that meant that he had to say my name.

All I can say is that hearing those two words - my name & my favourite city - spoken by him in that way was very pleasant indeed; no disrespect to Ms London of course (she is most famous for her version of Cry Me A River).

Cool!

That was nice Julie! Enjoy the memories.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP