Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eagles obsessed in NYC

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Default Eagles obsessed in NYC

Hello everyone!
    just found this new kid board, so though I've already been posting a bit, I figured I should introduce myself here.

Though I've been an Eagles fan for most of my life, I will admit it was all about the music. Somehow in all my 30 years, I managed to listen the to the Eagles thousands of times without noticing what anyone looked like apart from Don Henley. Now, that's pretty abnormal for me! I really really don't understand how this happened! haha
    Anyway, I was really excited about the History of the Eagles documentary because I do love them and didn't know much about them apart from the tunes.
    It was absolutely amazing...beyond my wildest dreams...I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw Glenn Frey in the 70s! <---haha
    It was love at first sight..I've been obsessed with the Eagles more than ever before and especially Glenn. Googling my heart away trying to find out anything and everything about him and them. photos...live concerts...stories..interviews..etc. excitedly expanding my vinyl collection to solo Glenn, Randy, Bernie...already had some Joe and Don H

my detective work has finally led me here!
    a place where people can appreciate and share in our obsessions!

I've never seen the Eagles live hoping to see them for this History of the Eagles tour...I heard Bernie might be there...it would be cool if Randy was there too...I want to hear him sing Take it to the Limit! I wonder if he can still hit those high notes

I took a bunch of screenshots with my camera of the doc which i posted on my pinterest...they're mostly of Glenn : http://pinterest.com/tmrrwneverknows...ot-mostly-gle/

though i'm sure most of it will be nothing new for you guys, you can also find many pins of Glenn and the Eagles in my "lust" and "people & things I dig" pin boards.

I can't get enough of the old video/concert footage from the 70s. I found some which i also pinned. I wanna see that Washington DC 1977 concert in full!

ok...i'll stop rambling haha

pleased to meet you!

Default Re: Eagles obsessed in NYC

oh and when I heard Glenn's solo stuff: the Heat is On...You Belong to the City, etc
    I immediately recognized it from growing up in the 80s. My mom was obsessed with Don Johnson and Miami Vice. I just never put a face with the tunes. Plus Glenn, though still handsome, looked a lot different in the 80s onward than he did in his sexy '70s 'stache, sideburns & long hair.
    when I (re)discovered Glenn, I called her up and said "why didn't you tell me how hot Glenn Frey was?!"

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Welcome! Loving the screenshots
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Quote Originally Posted by prayfordaylight View Post
    Welcome! Loving the screenshots
    thanks!

Welcome again! Just followed those smokin' boards!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Welcome once again and that is like me as well. I love Glenn in any time period, but the 70's really blew me away. MMMMMM love a man with long hair and facial hair. One time I was searching through Glenn Frey's stuff on youtube and saw Seven Bridges Road (when they were all singing) and couldn't believe that was Glenn. OHHHH I was starting to drool. MMMM. Love Love Love that site that you posted and will have to see what else you ladies put on there. I follow Glenn all the way (LOL and the rest of them too). Don't feel left out if haven't seen an Eagles concert before. I haven't and I feel so bummed. LOL.
    And something for you:

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawman13 View Post
    Welcome once again and that is like me as well. I love Glenn in any time period, but the 70's really blew me away. MMMMMM love a man with long hair and facial hair. One time I was searching through Glenn Frey's stuff on youtube and saw Seven Bridges Road (when they were all singing) and couldn't believe that was Glenn. OHHHH I was starting to drool. MMMM. Love Love Love that site that you posted and will have to see what else you ladies put on there. I follow Glenn all the way (LOL and the rest of them too). Don't feel left out if haven't seen an Eagles concert before. I haven't and I feel so bummed. LOL.
    And something for you:
    hehe thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Welcome again! Just followed those smokin' boards!
    thanks again!
    and all those screencaps you posted in the history of the eagles board are great too!

Out on the Border

Great to meet you and those screen shots are amazing.

I discovered what they all looked like with HFO on TV and my mom still laughs about how many questions I asked about Glenn and watched and re-watched the tape she made of the show, and then how bummed I was to figure out he had a wedding ring on

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Welcome T&H !!