Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Henley in Huntington NY 4/3/13

Default Re: Don Henley in Huntington NY 4/3/13

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I'm really angry...I really wanted to go...but refuse to pay highway robbery prices...if he cared about his fans...he wouldn't play places that are gouging his fans...can you tell I'm pissed?...sorry...guess I'm in a bad mood today...and this is not helping my mood any...
    Don't you think he has something to do with the price??? Really
    I have never been to this place, but I doubt most concerts there are $275....

I just looked it up. The other acts playing there are all lower prices.
    Matchbox 20 & Joe Walsh...most expensive tickets are $125. + fee $143.25
    Cheapest seats are 59.50 + fee
    Marshall Tucker Band prices are $25.to $59.50... so it is not the venue,it's Don's prices

This place is so far away from NYC... it's on Long Island. Shouldn't be expensive because it's NY. This is in the burbs, like almost 1 hour from the city.
    Huntington is just another town on LI, nothing really there.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I believe the other concerts (I know Joe's is) the entire floor is General Admission/Standing Room only. For Don's, the front half of the floor is seated. So I would expect his tickets to be more expensive than Joe's, and of course more expensive than Matchbox 20 because he is, after all, Don Henley, and in the venue's own words, the biggest act they've ever booked.

Given all that, I still think the prices are unreasonable, but they expect it to sell out quickly.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I believe the other concerts (I know Joe's is) the entire floor is General Admission/Standing Room only. For Don's, the front half of the floor is seated. So I would expect his tickets to be more expensive than Joe's, and of course more expensive than Matchbox 20 because he is, after all, Don Henley, and in the venue's own words, the biggest act they've ever booked.

Given all that, I still think the prices are unreasonable, but they expect it to sell out quickly.
    I don't think Joe's is all GA on the floor. There are 2 sections in the front with seats, then a GA section behind that. That is just a crazy way to sell tickets. Who wants to stand on the floor with a bunch of people sitting in sections in front of you???? then the rest of the place has seats...I don't get that, but that is what the floor plan looked like.
    I guess it will sell out, but I won't pay that just to see Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I don't think Joe's is all GA on the floor.
    Yes, it is. There's one price range for the floor - Main Floor, and they are the cheapest tickets. Even the mezzanine is more expensive than the floor tickets, so that tells me they are all GA. There are multiple floor plans to choose from when looking at Joe's show on Ticketmaster (they didn't default it).
    VK

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Yes, it is. There's one price range for the floor - Main Floor, and they are the cheapest tickets. Even the mezzanine is more expensive than the floor tickets, so that tells me they are all GA. There are multiple floor plans to choose from when looking at Joe's show on Ticketmaster (they didn't default it).

these ticket prices are what i've been complaining about..and so that's why i have to see them locally...can't afford prices like this on top of travel and accommodation.
    I am not going to this one because it's too expensive, i've heard the layout at the paramount is awful, it's not like it's right here in the city (so a little bit of a trek), and I am saving for the full Eagles tour (and maybe Glenn solo --hopefully more reasonably priced).

Yes, I see another floor plan came up, but it also came up for Don's show, so I think that his will be the same with the GA on the floor.
    So if these are the cheaper tickets, then where are the $275. tickets because they won't be on the floor then... It's a little confusing.
    I don't have the pre sale code, so I couldn't look at the seats available...
    Is the pre-sale, Amex, or Chase?
    I don't want to stand on the floor all night. I am too short for that. I can't see a darn thing when everyone is standing

Glenn's show last year at Town Hall was much more reasonably priced, and none of Don's other shows anywhere else are/were even close to this expensive.
    VK

An article ahead of the concert...

http://news.allaboutjazz.com/news.ph...2#.UTiar1e4WMo
    VK

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

That's correct, VA. If you go to their website (ParamountNY.com) you can pull up seating charts for the venue. Don is using the Hybrid Seating wherein the front half of the floor section is reserved seating and the rear half of the floor is general admission standing. Joe (I believe) is using the General Admission Floor wherein the entire floor section is standing room only.

I'm fortunate in that I live in the middle of Nassau County on Long Island. It's a 20 minute train ride to Huntington and a 40 min train ride to NYC so any area venue works for me.

I agree that the ticket prices are high, but I'm willing to pony up the cash to see him again. He could sing the phone book and I'd be happy. JMO.