Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Photobucket

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: New Photobucket

Yes, but they broke something else, at least for me. The IMG code is now the entire URL and not just the code. Annoying to have to keep taking all that extraneous stuff off.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Yes, but they broke something else, at least for me. The IMG code is now the entire URL and not just the code. Annoying to have to keep taking all that extraneous stuff off.
    I know that. I didn't realise you could delete the first part & still have the photo work. Let me try it...

I saw your test worked, but for me, if I don't get rid of all that stuff, it doesn't imbed the photo, just provides a link on the post. I already have the option set to give me IMG code and about three days ago, they broke it. I should sent them an email...
    VK

It sounds like you're removing the wrong part, or removing too much. Make sure to keep only the [ img ] and [ /img ] tags as well the entire web address in between. That is the image code. The [ URL ] part is the link code. If you leave that or take off the [ img ] tags, it will be a link.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Soda, I'm not sure if you're talking to me or to FP? I'm removing the correct part, my point is that a week ago, I didn't have to remove anything. It was just the IMG code. This week, the 'IMG code' includes the entire URL. On the screen it even says 'IMG Code URL=http...'. Very time consuming...
    VK

I'm talking to you, VA. In order for your image to be just an image and not contain the link but still work, once you have pasted the code they give you, you must remove everything but the image tags and the web address in between them. Once you are done, what should be left is nothing but [ img ]webaddress[/ img ]. I put in extra spaces around "img" but otherwise what you post should look just like that for it to work.

ETA: I understand that your point is that you didn't used to have to do anything. I am writing these instructions in response to your "they broke my photobucket" problem where you say you can't remove the extra information and still have an embedded photo. You actually can, but you have to be careful with what you remove.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    ETA: I am writing this in response to your "my photobucket is broken" post where you say you can't remove the extra information and still have an embedded photo.
    I said that? I must have meant that I can't get it to go away from the Photobucket library. I've gone in and selected and reselected every option and when I copy and paste I'm still getting the URL + IMG Code and not just the IMG Code. I sent an email and complained. We'll see what they do. Seems like, if I have the IMG Code option selected, I should only get the IMG Code...like I have for the last year and a half!
    VK

See post 23.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I saw your test worked, but for me, if I don't get rid of all that stuff, it doesn't imbed the photo, just provides a link on the post. I already have the option set to give me IMG code and about three days ago, they broke it. I should sent them an email...
    I guess it would be easier for me to quote instead of giving a post number. Duh me! Indeed, I should have quoted from the outset for clarity's sake. Lesson learned!

Yes, I was complaining that the IMG Code is no longer just the IMG code. It used to be, I selected the IMG Code on the library thumbnail and pasted into a post here and clicked Submit Reply and the image would appear. Now, following the exact same steps, the image doesn't appear, a link to the photo appears. Since I'm not the one who changed what I do, I feel Photobucket is in error! Who has time to go in and delete all the extra stuff out?!
    VK