Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Photobucket

Default Re: New Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Yes, I was complaining that the IMG Code is no longer just the IMG code. It used to be, I selected the IMG Code on the library thumbnail and pasted into a post here and clicked Submit Reply and the image would appear. Now, following the exact same steps, the image doesn't appear, a link to the photo appears. Since I'm not the one who changed what I do, I feel Photobucket is in error! Who has time to go in and delete all the extra stuff out?!
    I think I'm just misunderstanding you. When you say "the image doesn't appear, a link to the photo appears" I read that as you can no longer see the image, just the link. However, from your other responses, it sounds like you can see the image after all. I'm assuming now that you do understand how to remove the extra info while keeping the embedded image. If that is the case, I apologize for my confusion.

So if you've already got this down, great! Maybe my instructions will help someone else who needs them.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think I'm just misunderstanding you. When you say "the image doesn't appear, a link to the photo appears" I read that as you can no longer see the image, just the link. However, from your other responses, it sounds like you can see the image after all. I'm assuming now that you do understand how to remove the extra info while keeping the embedded image. If that is the case, I apologize for my confusion.

If you've already got this down, great! Maybe my instructions will help someone else who needs them.
    Yeah, I think we do have a miscommunication. I do know what to remove as far as extra info. I just don't feel I should have to do it, and especially when I didn't need to do it until this week. If they do like before, they won't reply to my email unless and until they fix it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I doubt they will "fix" this because it's not a bug; they're doing it on purpose. They want the image code to contain a clickable link back to photobucket as well as the image itself because they believe it will increase traffic to their site. However, perhaps if enough people complain, they will return to the way it used to be. I agree we shouldn't have to bother!

Stuck on the Border

I agree that it's annoying and that you shouldn't have to remove it although in fact you don't have to. I've been posting photos with the entire URL. Although it takes up more room in the post it doesn't affect what you see on the board.

Compared to what it's been like when I couldn't view my photos the way I wanted, I see it as a minor inconvenience. Now all they have to do is restore the ability to rename files.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Their response, and it works!! I won't even reply and let them know when I couldn't find the IMG at all when they first rolled out the new site they said I had to have this box checked...

Hi,

The URL part of the IMG code is a redirect back to the site that was added recently. To have that portion of the code removed from your IMG links, go to your User Settings, then the Albums tab, and uncheck the box to "link back to albums". That will remove the URL redirect code from all of your IMG codes in your account.

Please note that it will not remove the redirect link from previously linked images. It only applies to images you link out after the change.

Thank you!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

WOOT! Thanks, VA!

Yes, thank you!

Stuck on the Border

Well good for you for persisiting and actually getting a response from them. I guess I'd better test it again...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Its down. For maintenance. Of All nights. Tonight.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP